Problem Change something in FFB?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Enrik, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Enrik

Enrik Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have a big problem with my fanatec csl v. 1.1. The steering has a (new) terrible jump - step/rung everytime pass through the center. The car is undriveable. Obviously it has never done this before ..
    Is this due to some new patch? Thanks for help.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have the older CSL Elite. So far I have not had any issues. I don't believe there has been an update that would effect it. Have you had any issues with other games?

3. Enrik

Enrik Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    No Paul, with other games (ACC for ex.) is perfect. In raceroom there is something strange in the center.

4. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the latest Fanatec driver? It is #447

5. Enrik

Enrik Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Paul thanks for the help. Yes, the fanatec control panel tells me it is up to date. Yesterday I did some tests and I noticed that the problem does it a lot with some cars. Especially the FWDs, WTCCs and other old cars. I tried the 2016 DTMs and practically the steering is linear. I don't know how to explain it well in English .. it is as if in the center the steering wheel becomes empty and then resumes as if there were a step that gives a blow to the drive belt.
    I need to investigate more cars and understand if is an FWD cars effect (orrible...)

6. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Bring up the FFB meter and watch it while it feels "empty". If there's no output signal, it should feel "empty". So while driving straight ahead with no artificial effects, there's nothing going on in the steering column and it should feel "empty". However, if there's output signal and you don't feel it, that's another matter.
    If you want artificial effects, add more bump enhancement. ACC has very exaggerated bump effects and very little actually important information.