Changed my mind about iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoctorFrazierCrane, May 30, 2016.

1. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Decided to give it another go...

Ran a few races today and figured some more things out.

Was in 4th place in one of the races but I was out of my comfort zone, spun out and ended up 11th. Legs were literally shaking from the nerves. Most amazing virtual experience.

Just bought the Nords and gave it a spin and it's the best track I've ever ran a lap on...

...of course some of the drivers are incredibly bad....so far - and maybe it's just in the rookie class - iRacing is NOT a guarantee of clean racing :)

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The rookie class can be a pain, you just need to get out of it as quick as possible, the best way is not to get involved in the races so heavily, then you will get through it quite quickly. You will still get bad racers in any class, and any sim come to that. I've been iracing since 2009, but I find it is a sim you have to take a break from now and then, it can become really frustrating some times.

3. DoctorFrazierCrane

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Yeha! Just won my first race and got my D licence....!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DoctorFrazierCrane

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I can see how this can be seriously addictive...the practice, qualy and race sessions take about 45 mins total....to give time to register for the next race at the top of every hour....

5. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I had that same sensation in iRacing and is in the only sim I had that sensation (my entire body was shaking like crazy)

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Same for me, it's really unique. Sometimes though you just want a fun race, and iracing is just too stressful :)

7. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Just bought 3 month subscription for only 5$. Need to learn a lot. Now i practice with MX5 and Laguna Seca. This is right choice to prepare for race to got D license ?

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For your road licence yes..

9. DoctorFrazierCrane

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm no expert - I ran 2-3 races in the Mazda and got good results and raced clean and I bought the skip barber today. I'm halfway to my class C license. I think it's really down to your own clean and careful driving. But the mazda is easy to control and not a bad choice.