Resolved Changed pc resolution now the monitor view is stuck in the upper left corner

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GOREMURDER, Feb 25, 2021.

1. GOREMURDER

GOREMURDER New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My monitor view is up in the upper left corner, I changed my resolution settings on windows 10 and when I launched the game after the monitor view was no where to be seen, clicking on the raceroom icon in the taskbar it trys to open from the upper left corner but the immediately minimizes back to the upper left corner, if hovering over the icon in the taskbar it shows the monitor view in the little window but the game image in the little window is squished to the left side of the window leaving the remaining space black.

If I go into Nvidia and change some settings I can sometimes get the monitor view to come up on the desktop but the image is squished to the left side of the screen but all the menu selection buttons all seem to be in place where they should be but selecting them is difficult due to the screen being squished to the left, so it makes navigating the menu options a bit of a crap shoot.

If I launch the game in VR the VR view is normal but the mouse is stuck in the upper left corner with the monitor view also stuck in the upper left corner.

I've been trying to change the resolution settings with no luck, I've alt tab-ed and the view attempts to drop down but immediately goes back to the top left, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue persists, I don't know what else I can do to get this issue resolved, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried removing/renaming configuration files from Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\? That should force the game to rebuild these files with default values.

3. GOREMURDER

GOREMURDER New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I've removed a few files forcing it to rebuild with no luck

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I'd try editing graphics_options.xml file manually and set some low resolution with windowed mode, to see if that changes anything. Lines 3 to 7 should look like this:
    <screenWidth type="uint32">1280</screenWidth>
    <screenHeight type="uint32">720</screenHeight>
    <screenBitDepth type="int32">22</screenBitDepth>
    <screenRefreshRate type="int32">60</screenRefreshRate>
    <windowMode type="int32">0</windowMode>

5. GOREMURDER

GOREMURDER New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for trying to help me out with this, but I changed the resolution settings in the xml file and the problem persists

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What's your resolution right now? Does the problem persist if you change it to a native one?

I suspect there's something outside of R3E that affects the game and causes this issue.

7. GOREMURDER

GOREMURDER New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My native resolution is 3840x2160 60Hz, I originally had it set to a little less than that to fit my desktop better it was running at 30Hz, then I had an issue with a game that I installed that I'd copied over from a different pc with better specs, that games config files were making my pc think it was the other pc until we deleted the files and I was told I should be running at my native resolution at 60Hz, that was the only thing I can think of the screwed up raceroom for me and I think I broke Nvidia's control panel in the process some how

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, if control panel doesn't work properly either I think it's worth trying to at least reinstall nVidia drivers. Remove current drivers with DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-
    to make sure nothing carries on to a new install.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GOREMURDER

GOREMURDER New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well good news, some how it unscrewed itself, I went and was checking out ddu, which I still think I might need to make use of, but I tried changing my resolution settings again and nothing was happening, then I just figured I'd try launching it again and it worked, everything was reset, controls and options, but it works now, I'm not sure exactly how or why, but it works, thanks again for helping me out with this issue

• Like Like x 1