Released Circuit Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jul 15, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Compared to the Mod-Version I know from GTR 2, I had to get used to it, but especially with fast cars like DTM or Prototypes it is an unbelieveably cool to drive track - a test track it is :) - bit like slovakia which first I didn't like but do love now. Just need a good setup with relatively soft dampers and, well, also get used to extensively make use of the Curbs and Blue Zones where it is allowed . Performance- wise there could be some little optimization (but just a little :) )...which will undoubtedly come - well done job S3...

2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Finally got to try it with a few cars yesterday and I really love Paul Ricard! It's such a great track when you have a really powerful car. Everything I hoped it would be and then some =D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    After some racing, personally I must say that this track is fantastic for all kind of cars. The quality is as always something special!

It has to be said that you Sector3 Team provide us with Raceroom an outstanding unique driving experience with so much variety.
    Keep it up, Sector3 for the future - and big thumbs up.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Really love the curbs :hearteyes: and the long straight with chicane makes me imagine i'm driving on Le Mans :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    This track is simply great! Already had fun with Radicals, Protos and DTM 92...
    Oh, and I've also tried to set some speed records with the Koenigsegg :D (about 345 km/h EDIT: 350 km/h)

Great fun!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  6. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    A top class work. Amazing track

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Ehhhmmmmmm ... "Don't buy now, wait for discount, don't buy now, wait for discount, don't buy now, wait for discount, ..." Must resist. Please stop telling how great this track is. :( :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Winpoks

Winpoks Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No ! This is an amazing track ! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think I would ever like this track, as tarmac run offs really aren't my thing, but it looks stunning from the various pictures and videos, and so very unique. Great job and I'm going to have to pick this one up next time I'm on a binge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    For me, this track has a very nice "flow" to it. Lots of variety really. Some long fast sweeping corners, some esses in the first corners, hairpins... It's really quite a technical track, and I love that. To be fast, you really need the proper line due to that massively long straight, and then other high speed areas. Botching up a corner exit can kill you here :p

It;s a great track to just practice your skill and become a better driver. I suppose that is why it is used as a test track in the real world.

Ha, whoops, we weren't supposed to talk about how neat this track is... sorry ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree with other comments - this track is surprisingly good. It's one that shouldn't be particularly interesting for obvious reasons but actually, the circuit has a lovely flow with plenty of good corners. It's not boring at all and I've enjoyed racing here in all classes I have tried (very good for Group 5 as they can really stretch their legs here).

Mainly used the full layout with the Mistral straight chicane and also a few races on the WTCC course.

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    It's like it was made for the Audi 90 Quattro :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    crazy penalties here....surely need a look at...

14. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Really? I've found the penalties to be very lenient almost all the way around the track. The amount of kerb and off-track area you're allowed to use without getting a penalty is extremely generous.

15. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    When you do though...

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I disagree mate, I spent a LOT of time (too much probably) testing all the variants before it was released, never had a problem with the penalties and actually found it difficult to get one at all.
    Best thing to do is just not get a penalty, nothing to worry about then. :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Must confirm at this point @machwebb.
    It's so frustrating if you got e.g. a 3 seconds slow-down for a little off track that cost you more than it's an advantage. The problem is that the game can't know if you're able to avoid it but anyway you got a hard penalty.
    But on the other hand side it's okay because if you know the track limit you'll have to adapt your speed in this case.
    Generally I think it's more a question about the slow downs than some specific track limits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Exactly that, it's not so much the limits, it the harshness of the penalty.

19. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Right, but what I was saying (and I believe by extension Ronin_GTDave) was that the limits on when and where you get a penalty are so far outside the track limits and kerbing that it should be extremely rare for you to get one in the first place. Realistically if you find somewhere to get a penalty around Paul Ricard you likely cut a huge portion of the track somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Some of the trackside cameras in replay (cycling thorugb by clicking the camera symbol) really got my attention, some of them have awesome perspectives, and the general visual impression of a replay benefits for not always having the camera running up and down at the sideline, but being static. More of that for the other tracks as well, please!

• Agree Agree x 3