Close to an update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Kenney, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Awfully quiet, understandable, but just curious.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Or at least a devstream? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    J-F's quote in other thread.

"Missing features (save car setup, fuel and tyre wear)"

That's all stuff we're about to deliver, fyi :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Green hell...

5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Weird that the NSU has remained locked for too long.Probably it will be used as a bridge between the previous and the next update,which I think will take a few weeks (2-3).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    I thought I would get that as a christmas present!.. . . :eek::(:sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I so hope for a release on friday, anything. I have 1 week off of work then, and I really want some new stuff to play with.

Nurburgring for example! D:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Same here.
    I have some extra time this weekend, would love to take the NSU and the Imsa class out on track, and hopefully with some new features. :)

9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    First they should solve all problems with errors, bugs and crashing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Link that specifically said this is coming in the next update?

Fuel usage is being worked on now, but Im not sure how far along it is. Tire wear is already in the game (I think). Thought it was released with the GTR3 update last fall. I cant recall if it's released actually :( If not, that is being further tested now, and seems pretty promising so far. Definitely notice a grip fall-off after "X" amount of laps. Saved setups, not sure how soon they will implement that, but I know it is on the radar soon.

There is a fix for the crashing when switching sessions in MP that is being tested now. Not many of the beta-testers have this issue though, so as you can imagine, it is tough to test out a presumed fix. Feedback seems promising so far. Fingers crossed for that. :)

Im quite certain the devs are planning one. It has been a while since they had the physics showcases with Kelvin van der Linde, Joonas Lappalainen, and the others. Not sure when this is supposed to happen... just dont expect one next week :p

Testing for this car has gone well. The car, as far as I am aware, is finished. Im not sure why it hasnt been released yet, but there may have been an issue with authorizing a release date for it. Licensing is a tricky beast, so it seems. You cant just release something the moment it is finished. The license holder or whoever the devs deal with want to have some authority on timing... which is why things like DTM/WTCC/ADAC get worked on and released certain times of the year in conjunction with their seasons for instance (ideally).

Let me just say though... The NSU may not seem like much. It is a historic car from the 70's I believe, or at least made with specs from that era. It's not too incredibly fast. However... In some testing, the beta-testers have done some races together, and I must say... This is probably the single BEST car to race with in R3E. It's fairly challenging since there is a lot of weight transfer (and driving on 2 wheels is a thing over big sausage kerbs :D ), but our field of testers remained incredibly close together over the duration of a race. Like, a 5 second spread from 1st to last (only about 6 guys) in 15 min races. Small grids dont feel small because there is always something going on around you. This is impressive to me because other classes like GT3 can see massive differences between as few as 2-3 players on the first lap even. The side by side action in the NSU is incredible. Defending positions, attacking, it really is a blast and tough to put into words without experiencing it.

Definitely looking forward for this to release and get some races in with some big grids.

Yeah, it has been quiet lately. :( You can be assured though that the devs have been working on a number of pesky bugs that were plaguing R3E and the beta-testers version. A handful have been caught before the game has been updated, so hopefully you wont experience many issues. I suppose it is tough to comment on things that are being tested, since Im not sure what will be released, or when it will be released.

I do know the driving continues to improve class by class. ;)

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    What's NSU?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, thanks Nate.

• Like Like x 1
  14. VIT

VIT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    per car FFB ???

15. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Some Audi guys might wanna have a play with it first?

16. Jll02

Jll02 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps they are waiting for the Nord to be done, and then release everything at once?

Off Topic: Just realised the post above this one is the 20,000th of this subforum...

17. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully something will be done with the login, as I am having problems logging in since December.

Bought quite a lot of content, cant play the content. :(

18. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah the whole sim front is quite at the moment, wonder if s3 will awake first the anxious crowd lol

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Check the screenshots thread. :)

20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    in gamer muscle stream with jf in chat he said march for ffb update

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1