Clutch behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rockyv, Dec 11, 2017.

1. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible that the auto clutch feature is always on acidentally since the last update. I've always switched it off in the settings but now it feels like "someone" is clutching for me... o_O It is not possible to start with little rpm (<3000), because my clutch will not engange, more rpm is needed and then I think/feel the "auto clutch feature" takes over to get the car rolling...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    This is correct for cars with sequential gearboxes.
    Cars with manual gearboxes let their clutch work as it should be.
    One thing, both GTR1 cars now seem to have a manual gearbox, I have to use my h-shifter. The controller profile has both shift up/down and gear 1-7 assigned.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can't understand this behaviour... :confused:o_O

Why does a car with a sequential gearbox always use the auto clutch feature? Most of theses cars have a normal clutch pedal installed irl, some older ones need on top of that the clutch and a blip while downshifting and when the auto clutch function is disabled in the settings, I want to use my own clutch pedal. It is nearly impossible to turn theses cars on a narrow track in case of an accident (i.e. Nordschleife) and you're facing in the wrong direction. Too little rpm --> nothing moves, too much rpm --> the superduper auto clutch suddenly bites and you're in the guardrail on the other side... :mad:

4. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    When driving a car with H-Shifter, everythings is perfect... bite point is "4" here and clutch works just like irl...
    Just tested with the DTM 1992... :) :cool: :D

5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    In real life, you have to use the clutch to set off when using a sequential gearbox. But they do not use the clutch when changing gears.
    But I (and a lot of people) complain about the autoclutch behavior when getting of the line (it's really annoying).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately this is not quite right, there are many racecars with a semi-sequential gearbox, some of the older GT3R's, the 997 GT3R i.e.. The Skippy doesn't need the clutch while downshifting when adapting the revs properly, but every racedriver irl is using the clutch and heel/toe in the skippy while downshifting to minimize wear and damage. In iRacing this is also the preferred methos to downshift.

R3E offers the worst clutch behaviour of all sims, when it comes to getting off the line with a sequential- or paddle-shifted car...:mad: But when using the H-Shifter, the clutch is working right on spot, absolutely perfect :)!

BTW: In iRacing you get a time penalty each lap when using auto clutch :eek: or even auto blip :confused: :rolleyes:. I'm driving (or let me say I try to drive) the cars just like irl, because this is not arcade racing, this is sim racing. So I think this is the correct way to handle this problem. Someone who is using auto clutch or even auto blip is not comparable to someone who is doing heel and toe and is taking great pains to do it correctly...

There is sth. wrong with the forum I cannot post links:
    "For this Forum, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements
    Minimum Requirements
    The number of posts you have created must exceed: 1 (Yours: 18)"

Take a look at this (add com and bring it together with /):
    autometricsmotorsports tech 2012 12 sequential-transmissions-throttle-blippers-and-paddle-shift

Search for this video on Youtube:
    Fjlm9BoaiZg

7. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the interesting article.
    And what with the 991 Cup? Do you also need to heel&toe?

8. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, this lady :rolleyes: is paddle-shifted with auto blip... she needs the clutch indeed only to get off the line...

Hope to drive her next week with a better R3E clutch... ;)

9. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I understand that modern GT3 cars might have an automatic clutch, however it makes perfect starts impossible. The best starts are made with high revs and slipping the clutch, which is not possible now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the "interesting" clutch behaviour for cars without H-pattern is still implemented without any changes... o_O
    It is no fun to get off the line like a 18 year old boy just got his driving licence sitting in a 650S...:confused:

I will drive the GT3 CUP in iRacing until a normal clutch is finally available... Sorry :(