Resolved Clutch is not recognized

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by HolmesSlyce, Mar 29, 2019.

1. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Just started into this sim. I have a accuforce 2 and HE Sim Pedals.

I cannot get RaceRoom to recognize my clutch pedal. Gas and break pedal are fine. Clutch works fine the the Heuskinveld calibrator, Asseto Corsa, iRacing. Oddly, I have this same issue with PC2 where it won't recognize the clutch.

Any help appreciated.
    DH

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have you:

- Tried assigning the pedal manually?
    - Calibrated using Diview?
    - Checked USB connection/plugged pedals into different port?

3. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @HolmesSlyce In case you have the Ultimate or the old Pro pedals you can try to plug the cables into diffenrent sockets on the HE Controller. If you swap gas and clutch, does RaceRoom recognize the clutch pedal?

• Like Like x 2
  4. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - but yes, I have done all of theses.

5. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Will give this a go and report back.... Thing is they clutch works fine and is recognized by AC and iRacing.

6. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK - switched brake and clutch on HE Controller. Re-assigned them in Heusinkveld desktop app.... AND.... Same thing. Recognizes the brake, but no clutch.

7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    And what happens if you swap the brake and clutch plugs while being in RaceRoom without reassigning them in the Heusinkveld app? Theoretically the game should recognize the clutch now but not the brake. Could you give that a try?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oddly, it is the same result... It only detects the break... It does not respond to the clutch input.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    if it registers in diview as an input the game should be able to bind it manually
    r3e ,
    then in game options /controllers / double click the clutch and press the pedal to bind it

Andi

10. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is the issue I am trying to resolve. I press the clutch and R3E does not recognize the input. Again, it works in iRacing and AC... It does not register in R3E and PC2.

11. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @HolmesSlyce Does the game recognize any input as clutch? For example, press the brake or gas pedal or any button on the steering wheel when assigning the clutch. If that works the clutch pedal is the culprit.

Could you try to calibrate the clutch with DIView (direct download from Leo Bodnar) and post a screenshot when it's done? I know you used another tool to calibrate it but I think it's worth a try. :) Here's a video from Niels where he explains how to use DIView:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. HolmesSlyce

HolmesSlyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU!! This has solved my issue for both R3E and PC2... Heuskinveld created its own program to deal with the pedals and either it isn't working or I wasn't using it right and they took off DIview from the web-site.. And I didn't know it was available elsewhere...

Anyways - thank you again - greatly appreciated!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Eherm... ^^

Glad you figured it out eventually. ;)

Please change the thread flag to resolved, so others with the same issue can find this solution easier. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    definately a velcro thread

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    ok, just in case it could help ...
    On my old computer, I had diview for my HE Pro, and when it's been available the beta calibration tool v0.2L, so I uninstalled diview. Everything worked fine for months.
    I've just build a new computer, only installed the calibration tool v0.2L, then I had no clutch in RaceRoom (or rf2). Reading this thread, I've installed diview and the clutch in now detected.
    So diview is really mandatory for the HE Pro or Ultimate, the calibration tool is not enough for axis detection (but much simplier, so you can still use it for calibration).