C'mon RaceRoom you are making us buy the Bentley twice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Davies, Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you think there should be a GTR3 pack? (even if it gets updated later)

Poll closed Apr 29, 2016.
  1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So I love Sector3's content so i usually try and buy it all when it comes out (im not wealthy I just put what little money I have aside for buying content, its my favourite game!). Unfortunately RaceRoom have decided that still dont want to offer a GTR3 pack and for some reason I have to buy the Bentley twice!

I bought the new Gt Masters pack, and when I went to the GTR3 cars after I noticed that I still didnt own that Bentley. They want to charge me for another Bentley AND they only want me to pick one Livery. Then what, another 300-400 Vrp for the other liveries? Why cant I just buy the car in GTR3 and get all the liveries?? This is minimal money for RaceRoom and is very frustrating as a consumer. Not only am I spending what feels like a lot of money compared to just buying a pack, I have to go and click the buy button on each and every livery which can get annoying. I want less time spent in the store, more time on the track!

So RaceRoom PLEASE offer a GTR3 pack, or at least make it so when we buy a GTR3 car we get all the liveries. I understand the GT3 pack isnt done yet, but at least offer a package that can be added to alter.

AS far as a single car goes, I dont even care if you charge more for the car, There is just no need for us to pick and choose liveries when we want them all! I get it if some one wants to spends very little money, get the car and one livery. Maybe offer a buy all button for a deal then?? Have both options. Anyways rant over. I love you guys Sector3, just hoping RaceRoom will change some things to make this Sim better.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Also if you want to buy a GTR3 car with all its liveries, you have to buy the car first and go back and add extra liveries on a new transaction. This means we dont get the bundle discount with the car!

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    so the poll question and the title question are different....confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    sorry i dont know why i put that poll. Just if there was a GTR3 pack it would be nice. And also if they didnt make us buy the Bentley twice it would be nice too.

Im just mainly curious what other people think about this. Are there reason that I dont know for why they make the pricing model like this? I am hoping RaceRoom sees this complaint (if other people are on board) and maybe they will change it so new members arent scared away by the pricing model.

Currently RaceRoom has a Mixed review on steam which is ridiculous! This game is amazing and all the bad reviews complain about the pricing model. Maybe if it is fixed more people will play this amazing sim and we will have bigger online leagues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Do I think there should be a GTR3 pack? Yes, definitely. With so many cars and liveries available, the potential saving offered by a GTR3 pack would be considerable.

Why isn't there a GTR3 pack? Probably because this class has been in a state of flux for a long time now. What started as a six car class has now grown to beyond double that, with a number of new GT3 models still to come. At what point do they consider it 'done' and call it a pack?

The liveries situation? Personally I hate being asked to pay for liveries, more so when the community cannot create their own so it just feels like a money-spinner rather than an integral part of the business model.

Buying the Bentley twice? As far as I'm aware, you don't buy the car twice, just the livery that comes with the car in the different class. You can't use the ADAC'15 Bentley in the GTR3 class and vice-versa so you have to effectively own a livery in each class.

In the absence of a GTR3 pack I simply take advantage of the 50% off sales that occur every few months. I don't mind paying full price for cars but I refuse to pay full price for liveries so they get scooped up in the sales. The ADAC'15 pack will be a sales purchase because it's basically a new skin pack for a bunch of cars I already own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    If you bought a car once in GTR3 section or ADACs, you will get a huge discount (almost the same cost as liverie) for next purchase of the same car, why arguing about? I think - it's very fair deal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to pay twice. If you buy ADAC, you should be able to pay 75 for the GTR3 version. I just did.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Let me get this straight: I need to buy the ADAC pack, and then get the Bentley for the general GT3 when buying it at a reduced cost a second time!? Do i at least then get the additonal liveries for the GT3 pack, which are more than the ADAC Bentley only three, or do I need to buy these separately nevertheless?

I am so sick and tired of these dubious ways of handling the business, and this intrransparency. Do they really not care for alienating not only established customers, but also potential new ones?

Do things straight, not in these twisted ways and turnings. Talk clear. Mean clear deal. Be transparent. the business model is by far the most criticised aspect of Raceroom the game. BY FAR.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Buy it, Don't buy it....your choice :D Personally I think it's a fair deal (as always) as they discount hugely.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    You pay for the car once, then you have to buy each skin...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Again, where is the problem?
    Create servers like : ADAC 13+14+15+GTR3
    Buy any single car from those and be happy!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I am genuinely trying to understand your point but I just can't. How do you feel the payment model is not transparent? There really is no good way to show on each version of the Bentley that "If you buy this car the other Bentley in X category is much cheaper" while browsing the store. In addition, the main reason the ADAC categories exist is for people who would like to race with just the cars available at that time for that ADAC season. Realistically if all you want is the car itself, you're much better off going for the GT3 category first instead of any of the ADAC cars.

So, I'm asking this seriously, what do you actually find to be not transparent about the buying process, store page, and/or pricing?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    What Im getting at is when you have to buy the car again it ends up being another 500 vrp because you have to buy all the liveries with it too. If you want all the content that is. I like having all the liveries, so it would be nice if when I bought the bentley I got all the liveries with it. Also It would be nice if when you buy the adac pack it unlocks it in GTR3 too, but whatever if they want to make us buy it twice, at least make the second purchase with all the liveries.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  14. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    ya i did that too, only get one livery though.

15. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    For me the part that is flawed is the having a ADAC and GTR3 section(that isnt even a pack yet). Soon they are going to do multiclass support, and at that point you dont need to buy the adac pack, you can just make your own adac series from GTR3. They should just have all the different race rules as an option like it was in old simbin games. Im sure Sector3 would rather have it that way, but RaceRoom productions wants to set up weird pay schemes for more money.

They should just have one GTR3 series, and continue to add cars to it. Each car you buy costs like $3-5 and you get all the liveries. Then add multiclass support that is already available in servers and add a dropdown for different league rules. Even if they did this and made all the cars $10 i would prefer it so much more!! Hell even $20. Then its not so damn confusing for new people, much better beginner experience, they may even make more money, and the car selection page isnt a mess of a bunch different series'. IT SHOULD BE: Click GT, Click car brand, Click the year, Click the livery, choose race time/laps, set of rules, and Go.

Anyways this is just my two cents, because I remember what it was like a year and a half ago when I got this game, and how confusing it was to someone who nothing about GT cars, series' and so on

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Are they all balanced?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    They all use identical physics, so yes.

18. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    True. I think it would be good for S3S to freeze it at some point (now?) and put these cars for sale as a GTR3 "1" package. Or even split it and make couple of packs out of it. New models and later cars could be sold separatately at first and perhaps at some point bundled as a GTR3 "3" package. I'm not bothered at all paying 75vRP for Bentley in GTR3 class after purchasing ADAC15 for 512vRP to get one skin for GTR3 class, but I'm not also enthusiastically purchasing single skins for for any of the GTR3 cars as it is stands now. So, my suggestion is to bundle them and make several packages. Rinse and repeat in the future if more cars are released.

If doing this it would of course be important important that all packages appear as single GTR3 class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I'm not about the money - I could easily afford it, its pennies and nothing to me.

Its the weird stubborness to alienate many potential customers and keeping them away with these easily misleading, easily misunderstood and in parts dubious business practices. In my eyes it simply is "unseriƶs", non serious. And paying twice for the same car, just because it gets listed in two different in-game classes, does not help to heal the bad impression. You understand that or not - it doe snot matter, the impression the business model gives to the outside, is devastating for very many people. And it takes Flak, Flak and more Flak, time and again. And rightfully so.

Will buy this in the distant future, as single car in a sale. I do not support these ways anymore. When doing deal, i demand transparency, and straightness, not this egg dancing back and forth and left and right and calculations done at every corner.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  20. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    You're not paying twice though.
    You either purchase the Bentley via either the GT3 class or Bentley manufacturer, choosing one livery. Or you purchase the full ADAC pack, which includes the Bentley, plus some ADAC specific liveries for it, and then if you want to race the Bentley in GT3 you simply purchase a GT3 livery for it. Either way, ADAC and GT3 supporters and lovers are catered for.

• Agree Agree x 2