Problem Cockpit and screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Johan Reynvoet, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Recently i come upon an issue when coming out of garage or starting in race (standing start)
    The car starts revving up and then i either have to give some throttle or turn on wheel
    another thing, sometimes in race or on track the screen goes back to my desktop, this since the new update (witch is other then my issues great btw)
    Does anyone have the same issue or a solution

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Can you provide your computer specs and racing hardware

3. Stepy

Stepy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This happens to me as well
    PC Specs :
    | CPU: Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-4930K (3.4GHz @ max 4.4GHz) | GPU: Geforce GTX 970 G1 | MOBO: Asus Rampage iv Extreme: Intel X79, Socket 2011, R.O.G| RAM: 32GB Kingston Hyperx beast Quad-ddr3 2400MHz X.M.P | PSU: Corsair 850W Enthusiast Series Modular TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) | WHEEL: T300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara| MONITOR: Sony Bravia 49"

4. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    Windows: 8.1 Pro 64-bit (now since 2-2-17 W10 Pro 64-bit)
    Graphic card: GeForce GTX 760 (192 bit)
    Screen: 27" resolution 2560 x 1440, 59Hz
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS with the pedals and the shifter
    had no trouble before the recent update!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  5. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So i was in my local computershop and bought W10 Pro, i've installed it yesterday and now i even have more issues... WTF, i've paid 252€ for W10 Pro and the game takes longer to startup, sometimes i get an error message saying that there was a connection time-out. Due to the new installation my ip changed so my servers in mp got no respond from server, for the mp i've to setup everything with the new ip but have'nt done that yet so no comment on that... yet
    Today i heard from a friend that W10 is not compatible for the game, strange since the W10 exist now for more then a year. If this is really the case... why is'nt it fixed yet for W10 users?
    My conclusion now is that i've paid lot of money to upgrade my pc but the game (i have also everything available from the store, so my game is not so free anymore) i love to play is having more issues with that version of windows.
    Why does Simbin and Sector3 leaves his paying customers standing in the rain, sort of speaking? What am i going to do now after all these expensive costs i've made just to be able to play RaceRoom, while it's not working as it should? Do the developers still work on old computers with old windowssystem, cant believe that? Help us out here, please!

6. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Using R3E with Win10 for nearly a year now - runs smooth as fuck.
    Don't blame others for your inability to create a running system!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, R3E runs on W10.
    But the Anniversary update (that was forced upon me) messed up my whole system and it took me two full days to get all running again as it was supposed to. Issues not only in R3E, but also for the other sims and hardware (Fanatec set was not recognized, button box did not work, shifter refused to work, only one of the triple screens worked, 5.1 system was only stereo - and I can go on for a while).
    Now I managed to fix everything on my own in the end, but while the system was running fine under Win7Pro (for all sims) Win10 Pro (+ anniversary) was another story.
    So stating it is peoples inability to blame, is a bit far fetched and not very friendly either imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    And "... Why does Simbin and Sector3 leaves his paying customers standing in the rain..." is friendly? It is not sector3's fault #period

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I never said anything about it being their fault, just considered your answer as unfriendly, that's all...

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Well it's clear what your ability is... You know what my ability is? Face to face, i would have fucked your face up to stupidity. If you can not help or have the same problem why do you even take the time to post, you read it, you laugh with it because you have no problem and then you call us stupid. My last post was more a cry for help and you find that to be not friendly? I did'nt cal anyone from simbin or sector3 a fucker or anything, i'm just a customer with complains and if they can't live with a remark on their adress then they should'nt develop anything. So if you have nothing to say that can help i suggest you play on on your "supercomputer" and let the space be for decent people with the same problem, that's how we users help eachother and you are no help at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    well i can play it with 10 pro only have some bugs to in the proces, that's why i come here to seek others with this problem and some help. At least your answer helps out in the way that i can be sure the game should work under W10 even pro... That's being helpfull, thank you for that :)
    Now i now to search for the real problem and it's not my W10 pro system ;)

13. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for standing up to guys like SvD, he can't help it though he thinks he's the god of technology i guess :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think this was reported quite a long time ago. I just made a note in our bug tracker so the devs can be made aware this is still happening and hopefully be able to take a look at it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Did you just threaten him with real life violence? Over a computer game?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    no it was'nt although it may look like it for you and probably others(i was just standing up for myself, do you like it when they make fun of you while all you seek is help?), wait untill someones comes to laugh with you when you have a problem with the game, but i prefer to call it simracing... so much more than a game! Simracing is a life upon itself!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    @Johan Reynvoet
    This IS a "Community SUPPORT forum" - where we come to seek help (not Hate) for various issues impacting the operation/enjoyment of R3E.

Although, it's nice to learn ;) I can't build a pc system to work with win10 because R3E worked great in Win7 until Win10 updates.

Hang in there.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your comment and support, me too am no wizzard of computer technology but over the years you pick up some tips here and there and when you're stuck we turn to seek help to the variuos forums available, and yes sometimes we're frustrated about it espacially when people make fun of your problem. I have no hate to anyone included developers of raceroom, i do understand it's not always possible to give an instant solution (just wanted to state that it is not my goal to bring down the developers for the game is my number one in simracing). I will hang in there, i have hope :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried running in windowed mode?
    Horrible 'solution' even if it works....but it might work as a stop gap. I believe some people had a similar issue with iRacing recently, and a lot of it was down to some other program trying to send to the screen, sort of hijacking it.
    And windows 10? - just be glad you don't run triples!

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear and I agree with you that standing up for yourself and your opinions are never wrong, and out of frustration one can say the most horrible things.
    I hope you get your problems sorted, I have haven't had your issues and I might state the obvious already tested, but did you try reset your router? Happened more than twice for me that everything would work, except that certain game I exactly now need to play.
    And I hate pc, network and other hardware problems. Not that I cant solve them, they are just incredibly dull and sometimes stupid.
    Wish you best of luck

• Like Like x 2