Problem Cockpit and screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Johan Reynvoet, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'm screwed then! :D
    Thankfully, the game runs fine in 1920x1080 or 5760x1080 for me. It's just the audio that is my issue. Extremely distorted after some type of update I received in preparation for the "forced" move to Win10. Haven't been able to fix it since. Just need to do a fresh install with a Win10 disk as opposed to the upgrade from win7.

2. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Johan, I was so surprised by that guy bashing you, I forgot to read the original post.

Issue 1) Yes, when starting the game and in the pits....the engine WILL REV TO REDLINE
    Once you touch a control of some type the revs return to normal. I am thinking this is normal. Perhaps to discourage people from starting the game and walking away and leaving it connected online? The noise certainly get's your attention. Even from my headphones. I actually experienced this in another racing sim too.

Issue 2) R3E crashing to desktop or game minimizing to desktop has happened a few times for me, but it wasn't a consistent thing. I experience it in other games as well, so I just chalk it up to a glitch somewhere (perhaps conflict with software - but not hardware related). I know, in my other game, it happened more frequently and was due to a memory leak. Even though that game developer (shooter game) supposedly fixed the issue, it still happens. Besides, who hasn't experienced "CTD" of their game (various games) at least a few times. o_O
    Not saying it's normal, but it seems to be a fact of life when dealing with pc games. As long as the frequency isn't more than once a month, I'm good with that. As long as it get's reported - as you did - and as the frequency increases or the number of notifications increase, I'm sure the devs will take a good look.

oh, I run the game in windowed mode. I'm on triple screens and I hate when a game minimizes if I click to another screen, if I'm multitasking. R3E still stops, if I click onto another screen. But it just goes to a menu.

Don't be afraid to ask some dumb questions. <<<< I've done it.... ask the beta testers :p. I've posted some doozies! and taken heat for it too. :D

BTW welcome to our "support forum" :D.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Triples now work fine with Win10 Pro, but not until trying out a lot of plausible 'fixes'. At first after the Anniversary update I had only one screen working...
    Same about the Audio (using a Logitech Z906 5.1 set). First only mono and only the rear speakers, then I got stereo through 4 speakers, no woofer, then I got them all working, but front/rear reversed, no matter what I tried in the Realtec soundblaster control panel. I have deleted and re-installed the drivers from the original site and others about a dozen times to no avail. Finally, I got my sound back as it was supposed to be, only to see the Z906 give up half an hour later.
    It was still under warranty, could not be fixed and I got a new set that is working fine now. Makes me wonder if some of my earlier issues were caused (at least partially) by a defective Logitech set ?

In the meantime I had an issue (only in R3E) with stuttering, really terrible. I started a topic here, got a lot of help (some of the devs seemed to suffer from the same issue) and in the end it turned out to be a broadcast setting in the Nvidia setup, that was forced ON by Win10 Pro (coming from Win7 Pro). When I disabled it, all was fine again.

From then on I have used a Win setting to postpone updates and not to install without warning, but that does not work as supposed either. Two times I had my PC rebooting after a forced Win update, without previous warning.

BTW: only using the PC for racing, all other stuff goes over a Mac, which I have been using for more than 10 years now, still doing fine, running fast and with NO issues at all, even after switching to new OS a few times...:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    2 click start or disable Win updates, create a batch file to start and stop the update services, it will only update when you allow it to run.
    To disable the three relevant services in win10 open notepad paste the following and save as whatever you want .bat
    sc stop wuauserv
    sc config wuauserv start=disabled
    sc stop UsoSvc
    sc config UsoSvc start=disabled
    sc stop BITS
    sc config BITS start=disabled

To start them, same again create a .bat file and paste
    sc config wuauserv start= auto
    sc start wuauserv
    sc config UsoSvc start= auto
    sc start UsoSvc
    sc config BITS start= auto
    sc start BITS
    0 updates without you starting WU, when complete you disable it till you are ready to update again.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will give that a go ;)

6. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Am also on windowed mode but still testing it, up untill now the screen has'nt gone back to the desktop yet :) so maby that issue has solved this way.... wiiii
    Well i do'nt consider my posts dumb but others may think so and i really do'nt care except when they come bashing... :)
    Thank you for the welcome, i've been on here for quite a while just had no serious issues untill now.

Greetings, Johan

7. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the advice about broadcast, i've looked into the nvidia program and it was indeed set to broadcast... have made the change not to. My screen has'nt returned yet to desktop now but still testing but untill now no issue anymore, let's hope it stays that way!
    Grtz, Johan

• Like Like x 1
  8. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So i've dissabled the updating within the program first to see if it helps, i've done the previous solutions from the other posters on this thread... Am in the progress of testing it all and untill now i've accomplished (i hope) the screen not to go back anymore!
    I do still have the isue of the revving but not each time anymore, still daily it does i'm afraid. But that will surely be some bug in the game. I do have some issues with my dedi but for that i'll setup a new thread specific for that issue :)
    Thank you for the help wich i'll sure be testing sometime in the upcomming week.
    Grtz, Johan

9. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If you dont want windows to run updates you can use this v simple program: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10. Works a treat. Can turn of telemetary and cortana too (why i use it). Although not installing updates can bring its own problems....

For the guy with audio problems. I had similar ( and I chose to update!). Installing the factory drivers for the board will not work. You will need to go to the audio vendor. I have an MSI board running realtek sound drivers. On the realtek website there is a new updated driver for win10 anniversey. I assume other audio vendors will do the same. Motherboard vendor will probably just have the stock drivers pre-update so it wont fix your problem. Hope that helps.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I just wonder how the heck can the moderators at this place tolerate something like this...
    Anarchy is not the way to freedom, dear Sector3 Team :sleeping:

11. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So here's an update from me,
    My issues have been solved so it seems, it was most probably due to an update of W10... 10 january 2017, KB3213986 (OS-build 14393.693). Microsoft is aware of this problem and on the site there's a solution for it! just follow the link below
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009938/windows-10-update-kb3213986
    it should have been solved now with a new update as you can see on the site!
    Let's play again :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stepy

Stepy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Glad this fixed your issue, if only i could get this update to install it gets to 40% and then i get this... (tried about 8-10 times already)

13. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I see they now have made a patch with new update (KB3216755). Have you tried this one, it could be possible that you're missing previous updates. Could be that if you try to install the specific update but have'nt done the previous you get this message. Make sure you have all updates installed before. I'll try to help out so iff you're not able still, please come back and we'll look further into it.
    greetings, JR

14. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see it's somewhat civil for now but please, any manner of threat is unacceptable. Remember the age old wisdom. Don't feed the trolls. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I did forget about the trolls, i'll keep that in mind next time.