Question cockpit vs chase cam movement

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by BrianBosch, Mar 26, 2018.

1. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to R3E so forgive me if my question is too simple to answer :oops: Could not find it via the search function.

As far as I remember until yesterday you could select in the secondary keybinding screen buttons to <in cockpit movement cam> both increase and decrease. Now I can only see <chase cam movement>. In cockpit it does not do anythig anymore. I liked that function in combination with my VR and NLR motion sim.
    Is this user doing something wrong (probably...). Can you manually change it back to in cockpit movement cam?

Thanks for helping me a step further with this great simracer.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Indeed the option got renamed to chase camera movement (no idea why really, doesn't make much sense to me right now. Only thing I can think of is that they intended to rename another option, the one called cam spring tension, cause that actually influences the chase cam movement).
    But as far as I can tell it still works the same as before, also in cockpit camera. When I tune it down to 0 % the head movement in cockpit view is locked and when I set it to 100 % the head cam will bob quite excessively when accelerating/braking.
    Give it another try maybe and set extreme values.
    If it still doesn't do anything let me know which car you're using. I tried the new Audi R8.

3. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yes it was this user doing it wrong. Too many changes at the same time and overlooked that at the end the key binding did not correspond with the button on my Fanatec wheel...noob :D. But thanks to your support you guided me in the right direction.
    By the way: Also the Audi R8 is amazingly fun to drive

• Like Like x 1