Confusion about track limits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arcson, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hello racers,

There's a thing that confuses me lately. To keep it simple a really quick questions: How, generally, is the track limited? Crossing which parts is allowed and which forbidden?

As far as I know, at least 2 tyres of different axes of a car need to be on track ("inside" white lines) not to count it as a cut. But what happens when it comes to kerb, astroturf etc?

Just look at these scenarios:

Isn't it obviously cutting the track? And most of them were driving like this like the entire race!

@Edit
    I'm not sure if the videos are properly set for you guys (the parts I wanted to show you). For me it's not really. Just in case: look at 23:00 and 34:00.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    If you keep at least 2 tyres within kerbs you are good in RaceRoom. Astroturf is not considered part of the track. There are of course some exceptions to this rule in some tracks where you can go further out and not receive a penalty.

3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    So, according to what you say, the kerb zone is considered as an extension of the white lines?

4. Sosruko

Sosruko Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Precisely. Very strange lines through some corner because of this too so take advantage of it.