Bug Connection Issues - Error 13

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by J.Simonds, Mar 18, 2021.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This is.. extremely frustrating.

It can take up to 5+ minutes for the game to load. If it eventually loads, it can then take 50+ seconds for the server menu to appear when clicked, and then it is just as apt to, a few minutes later, pop the Error 13 message. My ping to all associated R3 servers ( list below) is all very acceptable with times below 100ms and most at the 30-40ms times.

This morning, for about an hour after the update, the game would load almost instantly and the server list popped up in seven seconds.. but that didn't last.

I have no other issues connecting to any other Inet resources. I have removed command line switches, shut down all other programs and am not using any bandwidth while trying to load or connect. I am hard wired into my router and there are no connectivity issues anywhere in the world from here.

I have submitted two reports on this issue. I know others have as well.

From what I can tell from the outside, this is a server issue within R3. And it is not logical.

anyone have clue?

game.raceroom.com
    mwapp.raceroom.com
    protection1.raceroom.com
    prod.r3eassets.com
    static.137.73.9.5.clients.your-server.de
    static.85-10-209-250.clients.your-server.de

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  2. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ..nothing? Bueller? An ack from R3 ?

5 hours trying to connect yesterday... no other issues encountered, anywhere, but R3 would not connect......

3. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Update.. I can can get in this morning .. 5am GMT... my inability to connect seems to coincide with the EU prime time...

Why would the spike in EU activity lead to my inability to connect to the server w/o an Error 13?

IF R3 is aware of this situation, they have not acknowledged it. I ran an ISP.. I can help diagnose.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Cant tell you if thats what caused your problems but generally its not uncommon to have long loading times and a few errors on update days. Given that things seem to be back to normal for you now it mightve just been that

5. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This has been a constant issue. it comes and goes.. and it seems to be two time periods... Prime time EU and 1 am Sunday morning..

It is not an apparent network issue, but some sort of routing issues within R3 or a server overload issue of some sort.

Again.. others here in the US are have had to resort to using VPN software to get around the issue, which makes no sense.... why would a VPN get around this issue? What is happening and where, that periodically traffic for the US is unable to connect.. at all?

....and why is R3 not appearing to do anything about it, or acknowledge the issue exists. This also happens in the Asia/Aus/NZ region as well.

This is not a one time occurrence and it has been going on for a while. I have trouble-shot my end and I can find not even a hint of it being on me ... so it is either an issue within R3, perhaps their main router is getting overloaded???

Whatever the issue is, it needs to be at least acknowledged, and then maybe addressed.

My enthusiasm for this activity has .. well it has waned drastically..

HELP!!!!!

6. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
  7. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for a suggestion... I am a computer tech... I am, keenly aware of potential issue son my side of the connection, as I have repaired hundred of computers with various virus and malware. I owned and operated an ISP and a computer repair shop.

8. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

9. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Update... just now.. Game started fine, and server menu appeared 4 seconds after selecting it.

How can it work so well at one moment, and completely fail the next? Where is what falling down? What it is about the system that results in a situation where at one point it all works fine, and then, with nothing on the users end changing, it is a 5 hour nightmare of being unable to connect.

Another user also encountered issues connecting yesterday.

My desire to play the game is being severely tempered by the inconsistent ability to load or play it.

If was was a brand new user, this would put me off .. as a Free To Play.. imagine trying to play this game only to have it not connect.... for me.. I have had this issue on and off since I started driving two months ago, and others have also had this same issue, so it is not just me...

annnywho.. I am trying to stay positive here, but the frustration has been mounting...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had any issues like that and I live outside of Europe. I can send tracert logs if it can help.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    A good thing would be to add your full system specs , how you connect to internet , your isp provider ...

Some times bugs happen because an isp provider has issues and starts throttling connections

Andi

12. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi..

I build my own systems, and built and repaired computers for living for almost 20 years. I am an excellent bench tech and diagnostic tech. .. I was an ISP, very familiar with routers and the Internet. I have removed all firewalls and stripped down all system items that could affect my system or connection.

There is something very specific happening with my connection to Raceroom. I have zero issues with any other platform, service, streaming, downloading, movies, games, etc etc Only my connection to R3 gets hosed when this situation occurs.

There is something whacky going on inside R3 or just outside them with their ISP. This is a routing, or server issue, else wise why would it be something that pops up in San Diego and Auckland and gets resolved if one puts a VPN in place.

Traffic to your game servers is dying somewhere in the chain. Without additional help from R3, I cannot help them diagnose what is happening, and frankly, they do not seem at all interested in finding out what the problem is, let alone resolving it.

If this issue was specific to just me, it might be said it is something with my system, and even now.. show me how it could be mine.

i5-6500 GTX1060-3gb 16gb ram. Win10

... this is not an isolated issue, and it would be at least some comfort to have R3 ack that it is an issue and that they are seeking a solution to, be that out here or inside their ops... but as it stands, the response I am getting is .. "must be you" "have you tried unplugging and replugging?" I did tech support for 20+ years... I and/or others would be very happy to help resolve this issue, but it first needs to be acknowledged that it exists.

Andi, you are making excuses and stabbing blindly at a legitimate problem... it isn't helping.

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone. Around 18h CET today I had the same error and very long loading of the game and to get into multiplayer mode then to see the lobbies. It got better after 20h without me changing anything so I have a feeling it is server side.

Once in game, no issues with disconnects or FPS.

We´ve had that before when this time last year all content was free due to COVID and there was a spike in players

14. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    It is a known issue, but it is very difficult to pinpoint the exact issue.

Not all users are experiencing the problem, only a few. It happens from Argentina, Brazil, U.S. and Australia.

The problem has nothing to do with overload issues on RaceRoom side, because then nobody would be able to connect. It is a routing issue, which is noy easy to solve.

Please add the MWTransport log of attempts to load the game and error 13 shows up, along with the name of your ISP. What DNS servers are you using and have you tried switching to a different DNS, like 1.2.3.4 or 8.8.8.8?

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I am in Europe and the issue of very slow loading then Error 13 happened to me too yesterday as mentioned above. It even took longer than usual for the Nvidia activity panel to light up when it detected the game. Later on in the evening things were back to normal.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Still the same yesterday. I did a steam validation, deleted steam cache and nothing improved. Later I deleted the RRE cache files from my documents and loading to the main splash screen was still slow but the subsequent transition screens and loading times improved. I am not sure if it was related to the time of day I was playing - will test that today.

17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It will be very challenging to solve this from the inside. R3 has global network of IT techs out here, that could, help them solve the issue. But unless R3 works with us, there is nothing we can do to help... and we *want to help*. I'm not some punk kid whining about the game, I am an IT pro trying to help them resolve an issue that should not exist. It is a serious issue that I would think R3 would be very anxious to resolve, given the effect it has and the commotion it causes. so.. yeah..

18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

Welll ..... mmmmmm ....well

No...
    You may not be some punk ass kid , but for an IT pro , the information you are transmitting (beside your metaphors ) is very limited, or in fact non existant ...

So please using all lf the address's you have run a multiple ping , a traceroute and any other tests (as an it pro i dlnt need to explain which ones they are) you can and bundle the results up and post here , then we have actual info , please remember to mention all relevant information concerning your connection from the moment it comes out of your pc ...

Many thanks

Fluff and rainbows

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  19. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    yes .. well.. I *did* transmitt the "data" in the trouble report I submitted. Not here.

When someone from R3 wishes to contact myself or others that have made trouble reports, as directed, then we can move fwd.

Using the Forum to go over it with amateurs is not productive.

20. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I would like to note that I am trying to help resolve this issue, but the response I get is one of .. well that I am a pain in the ass, versus someone trying to help solve an issue... that's not the way to do it. I have done the proper thing of submitting a trouble report through the proper channels.