Resolved Connection Lost issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Slythe, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    With Dezember 2015 out of the sudden I had troubles joining a server (until this date R3E went fine online), I got many times the 'connection lost' errors...sometimes I couldn't join a server, sometime I was able to join a server and got the error when entering the track, but a reconnect to the server solved the problem.
    But with the NOS-patch I can't even join a server, no matter which track....see my log on page 1 in the 'big-server-test' thread.
    What i have done so far:
    - complete new Windows 7 install
    - running the steam integrity check
    Today I did the following:
    - Packetlostcheck -> 0% lost
    - MTU settings checked and optimized following this guide and the Speedguide Optimizer
    - reverted my o/c'ed CPU to the default settings just for test purpose
    - rerunning the packetlostcheck -> 0% lost
    - running the speed and IPV6 test here..
    both IPV4 and IPV6 are supported
    - Firewall is allowed for R3E
    No success....still getting the 'connection lost' error
    My system:
    AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 940@3400 MHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GTX960 4GB Videocard, BeQuiet Straight Power 10 Power Supply, ISP: Unitymedia with 100mbit, Router is a Technicolor TC7200 I got from my ISP Unitymedia to my disposal and connected via a cable direct to my PC.
    You'll find the log from 04.04.2016 again as an attachment
    This is my last try getting R3E running again for online-races. I am running out of ideas and think about giving up R3E

Attached Files:

• Log.rar
      File size:
      89.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Here are the logs of my todays unsuccessful attempts to drive online

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  3. Local Hero

Local Hero New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have exact the same problem since the last update. Especially trying to join a Nordschleife Race in Multiplayer always results in a lost connection. This is really a very annoying issue.

Attached Files:

4. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lost connection here too on Red Bull Ring a few minutes ago (~ 22:15 german summer time).
    After end of qualy 22 drivers waited about 3 minutes for the start of the race. But after a short black screen I (and assuming all others too) ended up back on the MP-Server-List.. :(

5. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    A fellow simracer had the same massive issues with the 'connection lost' error. His ISP is Kabel Deutschland and his conection was IPV6 and changing it to real IPV4 solved his 'connection lost' issues!. It seems that R3E has massive problems with this form of broadband connection..I am using Unitymedia Broadband via Cable as written in my OP and they are also using IPV6 Tunneling.
    Pls, Sector3..have a look at this big issue as I don't want to change my connection as all other tittles I am using are running fine with IPV6 (LFS, iRacing, AC, Blizzard stuff) so you guys from S3 should be able to fix this problem as well ;-)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  6. Crabby Crab

Crabby Crab New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue after a fresh install of windows, got a new pc, went to rock some raceroom, cant connect to many servers, get 'connection lost' i can occasionally connect, i get 30 seconds into a lap and get booted back to lobby with 'connection lost' error

HEEEEELP lol.. pc is a fx9370, 16gb ram, radeon HD6970, would love to solve this quickly.

7. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    je ne peux plus jouer en multi depuis une semaine erreur :
    ' pas de réponse serveurs '
    ca commence sérieusement a me fatiguer touts ses erreurs :mad:

8. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After more than 6 months and after yesterdays patch i was able to drive my 1st online race with S3 again...it seems that this patch fixed the 'connection lost' error...