Problem connection problems

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 247, Apr 6, 2015.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    hi everyone...i unfortunately continue to have connection problems online...today i tryied getting into 2 races with 15/20 players already in but with no luck...waited pratically till the start of the races when the game (still in loading screen) returned back to server lobby...then i tryied entering a 5 players race and after 3 or 4 minutes (such a long time anyway) i was in...unfortunately games always hang up when someone is entering online and after a few seconds 3 players entered at the same time...as a result game completely freezed and i had to close it by the task manager...any help to solve this situation?all the servers was from eu (i am from italy) and i had low ping with all races...

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Track Level of Detail on Low, shortens load times. Everything still looks good, there's just less stuff (no crowd)

This maybe help to find out if your attempt to connect is timing out.

Good luck.

3. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Actually everything is set to low except for shaders which are on high , rear view that is on high (but only used in cockpit mode) and car textures wich is set to medium...everything else is on low or even minimium with shadows off...so I don't think that's the problem unfortunately...

4. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Oh maaaaan... Urmmmm... Not sure what else I can suggest.... Other than I hope you find a way soon. I'm not knowledgeable in this area. Good luck.

5. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Oh don't worry...you tryied ;) i hope anyway someone could help me as i posted a similar topic 1 or 2 months ago but no one helped me...and this is getting quite frustrating since last year didn't had any problem at all with online sessions...

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Good effort buddy, solid advice.

Have you tried putting your router in DMZ mode? I've had success with connections on the PS3 in the past, may work for you here?
    How to guide - Please be aware that this leaves your computer vulnerable and is not recommended for anything other than a last resort.

You could also try clearing your internet cache and resetting your router to clear that too. Good luck, keep us posted. :)

7. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    i can't...my router doesn't have any setting to disable dmz...the only thing i can do is disable my router firewall but there is stated that anyway even when disabling firewall dmz will still be on...will try to disable firewall anyway...

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Which version of Windows are you using? If your using Windows7, you could maybe try THESE, no harm in trying. :)

9. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    at the moment i'm on Windows 10 techincal preview latest build...anyway I've disabled firewall and tryied your suggestions...don't know which one helped me bu i've just entered in a US server with 17 people already in and with 320 ping in less than a minute (I'm from italy)...so while I should do some others test these days I thank you for your suggestions ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No problem mate, just pleased to have been able to help. :)

11. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday evening I've entered in a 20 people already in race in less than a minute...i should try to re-enable router's firewall to see if is that that helped me or your ipconfig advice :)

12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @247 yes, I wouldn't disable the firewall for any longer than needed, if that is the reason you had connection problems, you could try port forwarding to get around it, unfortunately I don't know the ports used by R3E at the moment though.
    However, I cleared the system and router cache myself before posting the advice to you and went online last night, my loading times were significantly quicker then they had been in recent weeks too so hopefully, the firewall isn't the issue. :)