Problem Controller Logitech F310 throttle and brake wrong stroke

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by bakla89, Feb 28, 2015.

1. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'm experiencing problems with my logitech F310 Gamepad.
    Previously I had no problems at all, but today (I haven't played for a long time), I noticed in the controller test zone, that the throttle and brake bars go to 100% when I'm pressing just half of the trig.
    What can I do?
    All the other games are working well (ex. Assetto Corsa)

2. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here with F510.... Only in RRRE.

3. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any help?

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

Just checked on the F510 we have in the office, and found a small switch on the back/underside of the controller.

Make sure that this switch is set to "X" instead of "D". If it is set to "D" the output from the controller is digital.

5. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Hannes, thank you for your reply.
    Yes, I know about the switch under the controller that switches between the Xinput mode and the Directinput mode.

That's not the Gordian knot:
    I noticed that the first time I open the game with the controller attached to the USB, also the (left) steering analog joystick is "over gained" and at the half of the joystick stroke I've the full steering on both directions, BUT after that the game understand that the calibration is wrong and adapt it automatically so if I retry to steer I can see that the joystick is correctly mapped.

With the LT and RT this is not happening, the game is not remapping the stroke of the trig into the stroke of the "virtual pedal"... can you understand why?

This is happening just since one of the update (I'm sorry but I don't know which), before that update also the LT and RT mapping was working correctly.

I hope you can help me/us because I don't really know what to do...

6. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 to bakla89, Same problem here. I'm also in X mode.

7. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any help?

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    go in game ..; get the controllers options /primary; now click on the throttle and press throttle , repeat this action do the same for brake and clutch

does this make any differance ; if not .... same process but once you get ingame ; unplug the wheel(usb cable) replug it in ...wait for the device connected message and rebind as above

Andi

9. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still not working. Hannes Wallstedt, Can we do some debug? Any log or something. I really want this to be fixed. Please help.

Just to be clear. My gamepad is fully working. And I can prove it if you want.

10. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I've just poked around with it some more. Tried uninstalling the Logitech Gaming software and running without that. Still works for me.

If you go into the game controllers window in Windows, how does the controller appear?
    As for logs, you could send us a game.log file from one of the start ups where you have these problems. I'm not sure we actually log all that much about the controllers, but I can at least take a look.

11. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See the attachments. I deleted all logs before these. My gamepad is in the X mode (the switch on the back).

Attached Files:

12. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Looking in your logs I can see that the game doesn't seem to detect your controller.
    The space where it should appear is empty.

I will ask some of my colleagues to see if we can figure out why this is happening.

Edit: You can take down the files if you wish.

13. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes this is correct. I remember on earlier builds the game auto detected my controler. This is before The experience packs appeared. It worked out of the box. But in december or november (2014) I had to set manualy everything for the controller. Buttons, sensitivity, profile name everything. Whenever i selected a xbox 360 profile I always had a device missing notification.

14. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    any update on this issue?

15. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw that now you have added the "Brake upper deadzone".
    Our issue is exactly like if we have a wrong brake upper deadzone mapped:
    I clearly have 100% in the settings right now, but it seems that the game is behaving like if I had set 50%.
    If I set 50% the game is behaving like if I had set 25%

16. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    any update on this issue?
    Did I helped you to find out the problem with the "Brake upper deadzone" explanation?

I also tried to complete delete the local content from my harddrive and then reinstall raceroom but this is not solving any issue

17. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi veryone,
    I updated my machine with windows10 and the problem persist.
    Any news on that?
    Please, let me know, the controller still works on any other game.
    Years have passed, maybe new ideas came up?

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You could try setting the deadzone to 200% in the .rcs file in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet.

19. bakla89

bakla89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it's not working.

As soon as I enter the game the file is overeritten with the value bigger than 1.0 saturated at 1.0 (aka 100%)

I tried the following with both 32 and 64bit game versions:
    Axis [00, 06] Dead Zone="0.0"
    Axis [00, 06] Sensitivity="0.50"
    Axis [00, 06] Range="1.00"
    FFB Joy[00] Axis[06] Spring Saturation Pos="1.0" // DirectInput Saturation to use for spring
    FFB Joy[00] Axis[06] Spring Saturation Neg="1.0" // DirectInput Saturation to use for spring

I tried to put this values to 2.0, but the game will not accept that.
    I also tried with 1.1 but it doesn't accept it neither.

Other ideas?
    Why just a few people with the F310 are experiencing this?

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you do screen shots of your ingame settings , and post you rcs file please ; also a short video on the advanced settings
    Also can you do a google search for Diview , download it and check your inputs please

Andi