Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Here are my settings for DD / SimuCUBE but working with other wheels, too.
    In german the description.
    [​IMG]

For DD-wheel-User, please set the second FFB multiplier (Steering Force Intensity) to 15-30, it should be okay.
    All another can use the 100%.

Hope you have fun with it.

FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
    FFB Gain="1.0" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
    FFB Min Force="0.0" // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
    FFB Min Force Linear Percentage="0.01" // Minumum force linear percentage
    FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    FFB stationary friction="0.0" // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
    FFB stationary friction speed="2.7780001" // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
    FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
    FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
    FFB steer force input max="11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
    FFB steer force output max="0.2" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
    FFB steer force grip weight="1.0" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
    FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.03" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
    FFB steer force rear grip exponent="0.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
    FFB steer damper coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    FFB steer damper saturation="0.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
    FFB steer load multiplier="0.44" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer lateral multiplier="1.22" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer rack factor="1.0" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer load change exponent="1.0" // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer load change breakpoint="1.0" // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer spring coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.0" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.0" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.0" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift effect duration="0.0" // Duration of shift effect in seconds
    FFB slip effect="0.0" // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
    ffb slip freq multiplier="1.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
    ffb slip wave type="0" // Slip effect wave type
    FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
    FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
    FFB pedal throttle slip vibe="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
    FFB pedal brake slip vibe="0.0" // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
    FFB pedal brake vibe slope="0.0" // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %
    spring based range lock enabled="1" // Spring based range lock on/off
    spring based range lock strength="1.0" // Strength of the spring based range lock
    spring based range lock max rotation="1080" // Max wheel rotation, used when setting up spring based range lock

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please tell me how is the file that saves the FFB settings in the menu called? I can see audio, etc xml files, but not that one. I would like to save separate files for different cars' FFB. I found something in ControlSet folder, but that doesn't look like it
    Thank you!

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    C:\Users\peter\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Open with notepad

Attached Files:

4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. So it is that. Interesting. A whole lot more options than in the menu. Might have a tinker with that.

5. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i see some running DD wheels with MMos 900 or even 1080 degrees for R3E, how do you have it set automatic DOR in game then? i thought we as DD whee users have to set in MMos to 540, as R3E can't set DOR correctly with DD wheels...am i completely wrong here?

6. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hi @Kickstart - do you have in game screenshots of settings also? or does that apply through editing the RCS files?

7. Manuel Staedel

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    All settings will be ingame, if you take it from here.
    I just set it in last Time for the most racing car to 360, althrough that is not the real best setting, but i like it more.
    I think, if you set it in MMOs to 360 and ingame, too. That should be synchronized.

8. Dabullfrog91

Dabullfrog91 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anything in here for an old Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel and pedals?

9. Dabullfrog91

Dabullfrog91 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also, I have no idea whether or not I should invert my FFB effects? I tried it both ways yesterday and just could not seem to tell which way it should be.

10. Manuel Staedel

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    You can try my settings and only have to adjust the FFB power.
    And, look after you minforce, what your wheel has got.
    You can test it with wheel check 1.72

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  12. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    CSW v2.5
    These settings will work with other wheels but you will have to adjust Steering force intensity and Minimum FFB settings.

CSW 2.5 on wheel settings
    Sen Aut
    FF 50%
    SHo 100%
    ABS 100% set according to how you like
    LIn Off
    dEA Off
    drI off
    For 100
    SPr 100
    dPr 100
    brF 100 set according to how you like

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Thanks for sharing this info. What minimum force do you use with CSW 2.5 and why? Also, what is the difference between changing FF force in base settings, in game per car multiplier and in game master FFB intensity setting change?

14. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I use 0% Minimum Force.

Minimum Force is for wheels that will Not pick up Very Low FFB signals--> Ex: G29 will not pick up very Subtle FFB signals making the wheel center Feel Flat or as if there is a huge Dead zone when at TDC---> CSW v2/ v2.5 will pick up very subtle FFB Feel that will fill the wheel center/ wheel will Not feel dead or Lifeless when at TDC---> keep in mind that this is very dependent on Wheel used and individual FFB taste---> I like My wheel center Free with minimum resistance unless there is FFB action going on.

On wheel FFB will +/- the total FFB at the wheel Only---> Not really alot to do with in game settings just on the wheel FFB strength adjustment---> This should be set to personal taste for the desired at the wheel FFB strength that best fits users personal taste.

FFB Master intensity adjust the Global FFB strength for all cars---->In car FFB multiplier adjust the FFB intensity for that one particular car only--> it is best to adjust the GM FFB intensity to a level that leaves Room for you to adjust the individual in car FFB multipliers with Head room to spare so you can avoid clipping if you Need to raise the FFB Multiplier for certain cars.

FFB Master intensity can also be used to fine tune the FFB Strength for different wheels---> EX the CSW v2/ v2.5 is All metal and can take Higher settings vs a G29, T150, Tx458/T300 that are mostly made of plastic and may Rumble Clank or even Break under constant Strong FFB inputs--> this setting can be used to reduce the Overall FFB intensity--> FFB feel stays the same just at a lower volume level is the best way to describe it.

Pcars FFB Feels ok but it is very car dependent---> with these settings R3E feels like what Pcars should have felt like!!! Even the WTCC front wheel Drive cars feel Good!!!

Keep in Mind that these settings were made using the Stock/Default suspension... If you have a suspension tune it maybe better to test the settings with the stock/Default suspension then retune if needed....I always tweek the FFB First then tune because you get a pure feel for the car as it is naturally--> Only then can you get a pure suspension tune because you can feel what the car Needs undistorted by changes that may cover handling flaws.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  15. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

FFB settings test across Different Car Classes... all Cars using its Default Car FFB Multplier with Stock untuned suspension--->Only Fuel adjusted to 8 lap.

Note the FFB Graph...that even though all cars are Different Classes and use Diff FFB Multipliers there is No Clipping... FFB Graph only rises above Red Line o Very Harsh bumps or when Off Road but will Not Flat Line against the too of the Graph Box.

This particular set up was adjusted for the CSW v2.5 but can be adjusted to fit other wheels by adjusting FFB intensity setting and Minimum FFB setting.

• Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  16. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great thread and great replys guys, cheers, just got a dfgt, do i have to chose reverse feedback for the logi dfgt(i think i do) also, if i set 900 in logi profile software, in game will cars all use 900, or is there a setting where the cars chouse the degrees, thx

17. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    With your settings i havent a good feeling...

18. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    What wheel are you using???

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    When are we getting a profile for the CSW 2.5??

20. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Seems the v2.5 wheel profile has been updated with the New SDK...the Steering wheel Lock Bump stop Now works... This Means that the in car Garrage Steering lock settings per car has changed and Must be adjusted accordingly to personal taste