Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. norbie

norbie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I had strange behavior with the G25 too, until I created a profile for each and every simulator / driving game I own.
    It would give me headaches, every time I would load a different game and the steering would be, who knows where.
    After creating profiles, everything seemed to be fine.
    I believe, the "key" is the 900° steering. By default the profiler is using 200° which is making it very difficult to drive since you would have to turn the wheel several times to achieve some movement or v.s.
    Wait....
    With 200 it would be very touchy since the game setting would relate to 200.
    I have set, for every driving game, the rotation to 900°. Then you can adjust within the game and hopefully achieve a setting that suits your style.
    Unfortunately, most people are only able to give a start point, since each individual drives differently.
    I would set the controller to one of the many, lets call them, templates and work your setting towards your liking.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. norbie

norbie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The G27 is very similar as the G25. Settings from the G27 can probably be used with the G25.
    The difference between the G27 and G25, is basically the gearing, so I have learned.
    The G27 has a problem with slag in center position, e.g. weaving, that is related to the different type of gears.
    The G25 is a lot tighter in this regard, but may have setbacks in other areas.
    There is a small application available (i am not allowed to put links in, yet) called WheelCheck. Google it and get it.
    It will let you, measure a ton of parameters from your wheel.
    The "spring force" drop down lets you select a "min force" measurement. At the bottom it does show a percentage that should be compensated for within the game. Most games have such option, but have different names. So, you'll have to play a little detective.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hi norbie, thanks for your reply. I might use your suggestion, but RR mysteriously decided to sort itself out after a week, go figure. In any case, I'm enjoying some even more detailed car feel now.

4. norbie

norbie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nigel,
    I did use the Logitech profiler to create all profiles for all relevant games.
    So far, no problems. All profiles stay put and I get consistent in game results.
    Otherwise, I found, the profiler is acting weird or at least I didn't understand what the thing was up to. Actually, I simply lost the overview and had no idea what settings would be used in what context.
    It can be confusing regarding to, what it is doing and what has the priority over what etc.
    The Logitech profiler, in my case, is always pretty much default.
    All the springs are at ZERO.
    The "Have Game Override checkbox" is checked
    The wheel rotation, which I found is better to have at 900 in the profiler and manipulate it within a game.
    If for example the profiler has the default 200 deg and RRE has a rotation of 540 which is the default, the 540 is now referenced to 200. It probably would be too touchy and has no relationship to the actual wheel turns.
    I would give you some screen shots here, but I have different computer with different OS's and this one here is LINUX so I don't have RRE on that. I like to keep games and working computer apart. Aside, there are already some settings posted, that can be used. Also, I might be just too lazy, hi, hi, to fire up the Windows machine and use the network to get it here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    my driving force gt settings tuned for gt2 and group a.
    1. Profiler: Global Device Settings
    Overall: 100% }
    Spring: 100% } these will be ajusted in game so leave them defult
    Damper: 100% }

Center Spring: 9% } If you want
    Report Combined pedals: Off
    Wheel Degrees: 900
    Allow game to adjust: Ticked !importaint​

2.In Game

FFB: on
    Invert: on
    Rumble: off
    intensity: 90%
    Smoothing: 25%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Friction: 20%

Steering intensity: 100%
    Understeer: 100%
    Verical Load: 100%
    Lateral Force: 80%
    Rack: 0%​

all four canned effects 0%

@Jayanta

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Nice...works well with my DFGT......light feel, but good feedback. Thanks for sharing......

7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    np try with the gt2's they are less light

8. Jayanta

Jayanta New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you...

• Like Like x 1
  9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    hey if you decide to change anything please tell me cause if anything helps with improving ffb settings it's getting feedback from others.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Working great with ADAC 2014's.....will pull out the RUF and have a go.

11. Pimpam

Pimpam Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Is it possible to have a profile for Xbox One controller ? The Xbox 360's doesn't work...

We can create a custom profile and playing with, yes but we can't have FFB... Also, with FFB, it could be very nice to use triggers rumble (something like Forza games).

12. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    My G27 is working good with the game now. I'll have to start racing with you guys again. I'd like to tweak it more but I'm scared. :eek:LOL

13. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Any advice for a Thrustmaster rgt clutch ed? I know is an old one! It feels ok with the standard setup, without any modifications, but, maybe, there are way to improve it?!

14. Wikke

Wikke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hellow,
    i am new to the fanatec V2 base and the V3 pedals.
    can some one help me out with good settings after the last updates...
    so settings on the wheel, in game and also for the FFB.
    BIG THX!!!
    Wim

15. SlaSh

SlaSh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great setting for my Logitech pad ~ Thanks alot ~

16. Laurent Resende

Laurent Resende New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    raceroom apres une semaine de test !!:::

graphisme super , voiture géniales , circuits magnifiques ,par contre gestion du volant ( t500rs ,addons ferrari F1 et 458 ) une véritable catastrophe !!!! latence , précision , presque pire que ... un certain project car !!!!!! ,au moins une seconde au tour de pénalisation !! (et en toutes modestie je suis dans les hot lap dans le top 5 classement ,avec quelques P1 selon les voitures sur les circuits ou j'ai tourné) à revoir totalem...ent ; la précision du volant , sa latence (il faut pratiquement tourner le volant 50 metres avant son entrée en virage pour entrer ou l'ont veut ,et faire un "bras croisés "sur les GT ,meme sur Spa
    !!! notamment en virage rapide !!! vraiment dommage car le simu est extra !!! là , meme si les différents effets, ce font bien ressentir (freinage ,montée -descente, transfert des masses ,bosses ,etc etc ...........ce qui est essentiel dans un simu c'est avant tout la précision du volant ;en vue interne !!!pas en vue capot ou libres réservées aux "rigolos"
    j'ai acheté presque tous les circuits et les packs auto ,sans trop de regrets , mais je préfère de loin A.C ,qui lorsque l'ont tourne son volant !! bah il tourne et ce ,immédiatement ,d'autant plus que le dernier soft de thrustmaster passe en 500 mhz pour ses T500. beaucoups d'excellents simus à la base devraient se pencher sur ce problème , a ma modeste connaisance et pratique du simu auto ,pour le moment , seul netkar pro Assetto Corsa , LFS ,world Racing Serie , DiRT,remplissent les performances presques idéales ! et je possede quasiment tous les simus auto du marché actuel !
    RaceRoom after a testing week !! :::

_Great graphics, awesome car, beautiful circuits, for driving against management (T500RS, addons and Ferrari F1 458) a disaster !!!! latency, precision, almost worse than ... a certain project because !!!!!! at least a second a lap penalty !! (and in all modesty I'm in the hot lap in the top 5 ranking, with some P1 according cars on circuits or I shot) to review totalem ... ent; the accuracy of the steering wheel, its latency (you have to turn the steering wheel almost 50 meters before the turn input to enter or wants to have, and make a "arms crossed" on GT, even on Spa

!!! particularly in fast corner !!! shame because the simulation is awesome !!! there, even if the different effects, are felt well (braking, -descente climb, mass transfer, bumps, etc etc ........... what is essential in a simulation is all about the accuracy of the steering wheel; internally view !!! not cover for free or reserved for "funny"

I bought almost all the circuits and auto packs without much regret, but I much prefer AC, who were running when the wheel !! bah it turns and it immediately, especially since the last soft Thrustmaster switches to 500 mhz for its T500. alot excellent simus at the base should address this problem, to my modest KNOWLEDGE simulation and practice of self, for the moment, only netKar pro Assetto Corsa, LFS World Series Racing, DiRT, meet the ideal performance presques! and I almost possesses all simus auto market today!

17. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  18. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Must be register to see your link and downloads

Can you do somethings or reup it on sharefile site ?

19. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    direct link for the T300 Test-Profiles - here

• Like Like x 2
  20. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone some different settings for the CSW V2 Base? Someone asked for help so I guess I just post my settings, its quite hard and stiff but still not enough compared to the real thing ;)
    Settings On Wheel:
    For WTCC SEN Automatic
    For GT Masters SEN 580
    The Rest is the same for all cars
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS OFF
    LIN OFF
    DEA OFF
    DRI OFF
    FOR 100
    SPR OFF
    DPR 60
    For in game settings see my attached Screenshots

Id be happy about some feedback on these settings, I really dont know how other people find them.

Greetings from Germany

Luca

Attached Files: