Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    What wheel do you have, a DFGT? Anthony is using a CSW V2 and it can put out some pretty strong forces without clipping. I know there isn't a clipping meter for R3E but AC has one and I got to know where my T300 was clipping just by feel, now that I have a CSW V2 I can have settings that are significantly heavier than my T300 was and it's not even close to clipping. His settings look slightly on the heavy side to me but nothing outrageous (in fact they're very close to the default settings).

2. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    DFGT ... just like that guy ... CSW is different level ..

3. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Talking about clipping, without a meter how do I know if I'm clipping or not? Anything specific I should look for other than drowning out feeling in the wheel?

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    That's just it - I've always had the damper and spring in the profiler set to 0 as per general recommendations. So these new settings came as a surprise. My DFGT doesn't clip in iRacing but I'm happy to learn from everyone here. I will experiment with your settings tonight. Should be fun!

5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Oops, I thought you were quoting Anthony who posted CSW settings. Disregard my comments.

6. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    in AC, iR and i think rf/gsc with plugin you have visual representation of FFB and you can see it ... I R3E I`m just guessing knowing that wheel and seeing those values he has ..

7. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But how I know/think I'm clipping. I go around a heavy loaded corner and the ffb feels quite heavy, I try find/go wide onto grass or kerb and see if I get the ffb back from that. If it flatlines then I'm near clipping. Saying that RRe seems to do well with high loads ivenot had it clip even with the default (heavy) settings. I just don't like the weighty feel.

8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    well if under heavy load you don`t feel nuances like surface, rear end, front tyres etc you are clipping way too much, if you are not sure if you can feel them, you are just clipping ;)
    or you are shadowing important forces with canned effects and your wheel is not capable to handle it all

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Ouvert, I tried your settings but the wheel felt too light and disconnected - but that's only my opinion. :) You will be pleased to hear that I have reverted to the usual Logitech profiler settings of 100/0/0. The wheel feels more sensitive to road bumps, while still retaining some weight, with the following levels:

FFI 70 (down from 100 in an attempt to avoid clipping)
    Smooth 25
    FFS 10
    SFI 120-140 (I can't decide)
    U 50
    VL 100
    LF 140
    SF 100
    BV 30
    KV 20
    SE 75
    Everything else is set to zero. No doubt I shall continue fiddling with the FFB. The BMW Z4 GT3 from the ADAC GT Masters 2014 pack feels almost non-existent compared with the much more satisfying Aquila. :hushed:

10. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    whatever works for you is the right setting :) mine DFGT already feels heavy enough (too heavy sometimes) so I`m fine with what I have ... also my FFB feels pretty consistent across all GT3 cars/aquila/M1 .... too heavy and dull for FR2 and not enough info on front tyres for WTCC (but I`m wainting for new physics/FFB anyway so no worries there), I don`t play old content till updated so can`t comment on those ...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  11. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a good setup for the G27, The issue am having is i play with the Old Classics like Ford Capri, M3 E30 and the GT3s. for the classics its waay too light and for the GT3s it feels heavy. Any Tips would be highly appreciated and if there is a way to take out the Center Deadzone

12. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Obviously each setting has an impact on the other but Vertical load has the biggest impact on the weight feel.

Increase setting to increase weight.

13. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I know what each setting does, i just can get a good universal settings for the G27
    either too light for old cars and too heavy for GT3s

14. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    There is no universal setting tbh.

I've just spent the last few hours tweaking the DTM 92 and Group 5 cars - and between the physic differences alone, thats two profiles I've had to create. The GT3 cars have newer and different physics again.

15. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    thats the dumb part i have two create profiles to play one game....

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ffb modifiers have been discussed and are planned. not sure about progress maybe @Christian Göpfert can tell us if they have turned up in the beta build yet.

17. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    that is just an result of continuously updated physics for different classes .. hopefully soon we`ll get all cars updated and this will be sorted with some per car modifiers (old cars vs new cars, etc)

18. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback

1. Control Panel Settings

Overall Strength: Default

Constant: 100% (Default)
    Periodic: 100% (Default)
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%

Auto-Center: By the game (Default)

Padels: Separate (Default)
    Rotation Angle: 900 (Default)

2. In Game Settings

FFB: on
    Invert: off
    Rumble: off
    Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 25%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Friction: 0%

Steering intensity: 50%
    Understeer: 70%
    Verical Load: 100%
    Lateral Force: 80%
    Rack: 0%

Engine: 0%
    Brakes: 0%
    Curbs: 0%
    Gear Shift: 0%

3. Make rotation angle controllable in game

Navigate to the file:

<Game Directory>\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml

and add the following lines in SteeringsWheels section:

<key type="uint32">3061253199</key> <!-- Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback Wheel -->
    <value>
    <supportsWheelRange type="bool">true</supportsWheelRange>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">140</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    </value>

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  19. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My New G27 settings
    Hey fellas. Ive been having issues lately with my G27. Main issues being the floating feel, center deadzone, lots of rattle and just way too twitchy to be be fast. I've tried every profile setting out there and wasnt happy with any of them so I started from scratch. Although the numbers look odd - it really helped me - pretty much can run personal bests in every track/car combination. It wont be everyones cup of tea but I love it. you can adjust the damper setting to taste.
    Profiler settings (global)
    [​IMG]
    in game settings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Have borrowed a t300 for a few days . What settings are the latest recommended? Will only drive vehicles with "updated physics".