Controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mistery42, May 10, 2018.

1. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new in this game and I want to play it with my generic usb joystick, but it dont works.
    The controller is in the list of active devices, but i cant choose him.
    So can i play with this controller and if yes, how?
    thank you

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    is the controller showing correctly in Windows' device list?
    Do you have a driver for that controller installed (if there is one)? If so, have you tried without the driver?
    Usually when you start the game for the first time you should be prompted to create a controller profile, that didn't happen?

You can also create custom profiles. To do that select the default keyboard profile, then go to primary functions, double click on a function you want to assign (f.e. throttle) and press the button you want that functions assigned to. This should create a new custom profile and you can then continue assigning the fucntions you need to the buttons/sticks you want.

3. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thank you it works,
    but so i have the problem that the handling with the joystick of the controller is directly, like the click on a button on the keyboard and not smooth. I think the game things that i control with the keyboard.
    At the first start of the game it maybe promoted to create a controller profile, to be honest i dont know. I connected the controller later. Can i change this or did it help if i reinstal the game?
    Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand me.
    and no i have no driver for the controller

4. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thank you it works,
    but so i have the problem that the handling with the joystick of the controller is directly, like the click on a button on the keyboard and not smooth. I think the game things that i control with the keyboard.
    At the first start of the game it maybe promoted to create a controller profile, to be honest i dont know. I connected the controller later. Can i change this or did it help if i reinstal the game?
    Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand me.
    and no i have no driver for the controller
    are you german too?

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. You should have the controller plugged in before launching the game. You could try to delete this folder: ...Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience. This is where all your profiles etc. are stored and deleting this should "reset" the game. If you start the game after doing so (with the controller plugged in ;) ) it should follow the normal routine and ask you to create a profile.

Regarding the digital working of the sticks, it does indeed sound like the sticks are not recognised as analogue axis'... This might be a driver problem, but it could also have other causes. Which controller exactly are you using?

6. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I try to delete the folder, but it dont help. I dont think that it reset the profile, because i stay logged in and he dont ask to create a new profile.
    I use the 00062860/hama-usb-gamepad-black-force
    I know that it is old ;):(
    Should i try to reinstall the game?
    Maybe it help.
    And if you think the controller dont works, which device i should buy to play this game, maybe a steering wheel.
    But i dont have a big buget :(;)
    Thank you for the help

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well in theory it doesn't matter how old a device is. My Logitech Rumblepad 2 is also very old but it works perfectly fine.
    However, does your controller work in other games, especially the analogue sticks? I'm asking because I had a look at Hama's site and there it doesn't mention Windows 10 compatibility... Which Windows version are you using?
    Do you have the driver from their site installed? (https://www.hama.com/00062860/hama-usb-gamepad-black-force#downloads)
    Again, make sure the controller shows in Windows' device list and that it's calibrated correctly.

If you want to buy some other controller I think you can't go wrong with the xbox gamepads as they work on Windows PCs out of the box. I prefer the Rumblepad 2, but you will only be able to buy used ones these days and it doesn't feature analogue shoulder buttons. The new Logitech gamepads (F 310/510/710) should work just as well.
    If you're looking for an affordable wheel I guess a Driving Force GT is a good entry level wheel, but I'm not sure you get new ones anymore. Next in line would probably be the G29 or Thrustmaster TX150, but I have no hands-on experience with either, so sb else should be better suited to recommend a good beginner wheel.

8. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use windows 10 and i already looked for a driver and there is no one for windows 10, but the controller is correctly in the windows device list. Who i can check if it is calibrated correctly ?

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Mal kurz auf deutsch. ;)

Bei "Geräte" unter "Verwandte Einstellungen" "Geräte und Drucker" auswählen. In dem neuen Fenster Rechtsklick auf den Controller und "Gamecontrollereinstellungen" anklicken. Noch ein Fenster sollte aufgehen, dort auf "Eigenschaften" klicken und ein weiteres Fenster geht auf, mit zwei Tabs, "Einstellungen" und "Testen". Im Tab Einstellungen gibt die Möglichkeit zu kalibrieren.

10. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, ich habe den PC jetzt nochmal neu gestartet und es funktioniert!
    Es ist zwar noch nicht wirklich smooth aber ich denke das liegt an den Ingame-Einstellungen zum Controller, da muss ich mich einfach mal durchprobieren oder hast du noch irgendeinen wichtigen tipp oder jetzt auf anhieb eine idee an welchem regler ich schieben muss um das noch etwas smoother hinzubekommen? Auch generelle spieltipps sind sehr willkommen;)
    Naja, auf jedenfall tausend Dank für deine Hilfe und deine Gedult!

11. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Hallo @Mistery42,

ich spiele selber mit einem Xbox One Wireless GamePad.

Ich hänge dir mal Screenshots von meinen Steuerungs-Optionen in den Erweiterten Einstellungen.

Außerdem kann ich zum Tuning noch die CURBX Stoßdämpfer empfehlen ... dazu hab ich ein kleine Bewertung bei uns im Forum geschrieben, vielleicht hilft dir dass ja auch weiter.

Link zur Bewertung: Klick Mich

Link zu CURBX (Amazon): Klick (Probier Set mit verschiedenen stärken) ;)

Setup 1.PNG Setup 2.PNG

12. Mistery42

Mistery42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, danke.
    Ich habe die Einstellungen durchprobiert und auch deine mal übernommen.
    Aber ich bekomme es nicht gefixt das ich beim Lenken einen relativ großen Spielraum mit dem stick habe bevor er Ingame anfängt zu lenken und ich Ingame am anschlag bin weit bevor ich mit dem stick am anschlag bin. Dieser geringe Spielraum in dem ich lenke macht es sehr schwer nicht immer voll oder garnicht zu lenken, wodurch ein leichtes einlenken quasi unmöglich ist. Welche Einstellungen muss ich anpassen?

13. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Was für nen Controller hast du denn?

Habe vorher auch einen von speedlink gehabt, wo ich ähnliche Probleme hatte erst durch dass XboxOne Pad welches über nen Adapter auch unter Windows 10 funktioniert ist dies besser geworden.

Wenn du auf der Strecke bist, geh mal in die Einstellung deines Autos und stelle den lenkeinschlag mal zwischen 8-12 ein je nach Strecke (Norisring zb 12-13) meistens kommt man aber mit 8-10 aus.

Wird bei dir ggf. Standard mäßig auf 20 stehen.

20180510172529_1.jpg 20180510172427_1.jpg

Ggf. ist dein Pad aber auch schon ausgenudelt ... dann solltest dir generell mal nen neues holen! ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  14. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0