Resolved convenient start batch or what?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by BRing, Apr 10, 2021.

1. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I am now with Raceroom and sim racing in general for three happy days. I learned in the meantime that the app "Second Monitor" is a must have for me and also started with the "dash.exe", a simple to use dashboard.
    Both to be find here in the forum.

I am also new to VR. I started using it with Racerroom :)

It is a WMR headset, HP reverb G2, and I learned in these last days that I do not need Cliffhouse nor the "SteamVR" house but I need SteamVR itsself running in order to start Racerroom Vr.

At least, at the moment and I wonder if there is a convenient way to start all apps before Racerroom and this then finally.
    I know about batch but I wonder if there is also an app out you might use or if it is possible via Steam or any addon for VR?
    Especially for VR since it is a bit sturdy to switch bewtween mouse and mouse emu via thumbstick on my Fanatex wheel and I also do not want to take of my headset :)

What I know now is, I can use the Steam app "OVR toolkit" to get the "Second Monitor" window into the VR while Raceroom is running. Pretty decent but I have to grab the WMR controllers since I habe not found a way to bind the necessary button to the Fanatec wheel (Formula V1).

Thanks

2. BRing

BRing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I now use pretty successfully:
    https://github.com/BOLL7708/OpenVRStartup/releases
    and the program called "Crew Commander"

OpenVRStartup starts with SteamVR and via OpenVRStartup I call Crew Commander, since it is easier for me to make changes to all the companion apps I like.