Problem Crash during MP race (RaceDepartment) - file

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jop@, Apr 16, 2019.

1. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Game crashed midle race
    :(

Attached Files:

• CEF.log
      File size:
      691.2 KB
      Views:
  2. groink19

groink19 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it legit to reply with the same problem? My game crashed yesterday as well after around 90 min of multiplayer racing.

Attached Files:

3. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If of interest, the related programs I had on at time of crash were:
    TeamSpeak; CrewChief; Fanatec driver for CSW v2 wheel and dash.exe (the telemetry overlay that came w/ last update)
    I was on a MP race online at RaceDepartment Club race.
    Thanks

4. groink19

groink19 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I will keep providing crash dumps.

The first one happened while exiting the game via the quit button. The second one while driving multiclass in multiplayer lobby.

EDIT:

My newest accomplishment is a crash in single player practice with AI cars. It even crashed my windows! Bluescreen talked about BAD_POOL_CALLER. I do also upload the minidump by Windows.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  5. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Happened again... RaceDepartment/MP Race, just after Qualy, it was Warm-up time, went to windows to shut down this app, TS Notifier and as soon as I touch the mouse to kill it, R3E, that was running in the background connected to the RD/server, just CRASHED...And, as it is not possible to re-join the server when at Warm-up (please Sector3, adress this issue if at all possible...), it meant GAME OVER for me tonight... :( :( :(
    Well, love the game, but two crashes in the last 3 MP/races with your buddies, is frustating.

Attached Files:

6. Calv Killmore

Calv Killmore Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I see that you posted on Thursday and I also see another posting with a similar issue on the April 19th. I don't believe members of the community can do anything to help or fix the issue. But not having a response from sector 3 studios is something I wouldn't class as support considering there has been no reply from any of the posts in this thread at all.
    The only thing I can suggest is to stop using the app that's causing the problem. Sector 3 studios probably considers it a problem of the app, not of their own. But it is a little enhancement to the sim, so one would think they would have a look and have an opinion on a fix. No matter how small that enhancement.

And I also feel if you can enter the server during qualifying after a crash or during practice . Why cannot be done during a warm-up period? At one time or another the sim crashes. As much as I'd like to see these crashes non-existent and more done about them I don't see 100-percent cooperation with third party apps it's probably just not possible to get everything working as they should 100% of the time. Needless to say I feel sector 3 studios should give drivers that have crashed the opportunity to rejoin at virtually any stage. Even 30 seconds after the races has started but may be in the pits. As they do in real life when cars cannot make it to the grid.
    So sector 3 studios just to let you know there's nothing worse than practicing for hours for an event to have the game crash multiple times for reasons and not know why, most of the time. This is extremely frustrating as I'm sure you're aware. Restrictions on server settings are unnecessary in this area. There should be an option so drivers can rejoin a server, virtually anytime after a game crash and otherwise.
    So please consider having these options available. It will compensate in a little way of things not working right with other apps, mods etc. I'm sure it's very difficult to get things to work such as TS notifier to work 100% of the time. And I'm sure it's very disappointing when it doesn't. But not able to rejoin the server is even more disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  7. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Calv for your insight and helpful considerations.
    I only use the mandatory third-party apps now, CrewChief and TS.
    Eventually SimHub or dash.exe if the dashboard in the particular car in-game doesnt show gears in my monitor/fov setings...
    (and cross my fingers really hard ehehe...)
    Cheers mate