Problem Crash / hang on launch - Logitech G-Hub

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Joe Pascal, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Joe Pascal

Joe Pascal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    G-Hub is crashing Raceroom.

It causes the game to crash on launch - and if I run the game in 32bit mode it does launch, but crashes when I click "Drive" in the garage.

I have a feeling this is a problem I've picked up since the "big update" recently, but can't be certain.

So I uninstall G-Hub and the game runs fine - except I now have no FFB on my G29.

I went to Logitech to download a previous version of G-Hub, but I realise after installing and uninstalling what I thought were 4 or 5 different versions, that no matter which date and version you scroll down to and choose on their site, it always installs the latest version... Nice work Logitech :unamused:

All my other sims work just fine with G-Hub.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone Joe, I am pretty sure the last GHub update has cocked things up (again!). I can get Raceroom to run some of the time but others it does not respond & hangs. I also play the old GT Legends sim & I cannot get that to run at all after the GHub update on Tuesday. Blame Logitech for their crap software.

Seriously considering ditching my G29 & investing in some Fanatec hardware.

PS: Just remembered, in the last GHub update Raceroom is now a supported game. So if you go to the profiles page of GHub & click on scan, GHub should find the Raceroom exe & provide you with a new profile for your setup. You can then redo any setting changes that you require & try running Raceroom again. I seem to remember mine would not run until I had scanned for it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    The Bus and Fernbus Simulator has the same problem while using this program. So is it not an RRRE Special problem unfortunately.

4. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    Uninstall ghub and install lgs, in most cases this solves the problems instantly

5. Zackmchack

Zackmchack New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I got the same problem. At first launch it crashes and after deleting the task in the task manager and starting again it works.

6. Woodcote

Woodcote New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    this is interesting my RR3 stopped since the GHub update... troubleshoot compatibility on the RR3.exe file lets RR3 open and run so i close it and then save the setup in the troubleshooter ...this seems to solve but i have to do that everytime i start RR3
    Certainly going to try re-try installing Ghub which i have to do as its a G923, LGS does not see this wheel... just found a lghub_installer.exe file i saved back in Feb when i got the wheel ill try installing that and see if runs and then switch off updates.....
    UPDATE
    Installed what i think is an older verison of GHub
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsvCwGJ97JrOjGaL6-LsKT88mL0K?e=ooRMsi
    ...so far RR3 has opened first time

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  7. Zackmchack

Zackmchack New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It is definitely G-Hub that causes my crash.
    When i close G-Hub and start Raceroom for the first time, it won't crash.

8. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
  9. Joe Pascal

Joe Pascal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For me at least the game runs without crashing now - but still no FFB.

10. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I gather from posts here that the latest update has cured the crashing problem some people were experiencing. But in case anyone is still having issues & wishes to go back to an older version of GHub, go to Logitech site & download version 2021.3.5164 of GHub. Unlike some of the other older downloads which just give you the latest version, this one actually is an older version, so should get you up & running again. Worked for me on GT Legends. Don't forget to disable auto-updates in the settings menu.

11. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    can i say that i didn't face this problem?:nomouth: