Bug Crash Report - Clients on dedicated server crashing at the end of the event

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pink_Stripes, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Pink_Stripes

Pink_Stripes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I usually race with a group of friends on a dedicated server and we've been having an issue for a while where many clients crash at the end of the second race.

We usually set our events to have two races. What typically happens is that, whenever someone presses ESC to go back to the menu at the end of race 2, the game crashes for multiple people at the same time. We are typically a group of 10 to 15 people racing. Last night, the crash happened to maybe 7 or 8 out of the 15 people. The dedicated server runs on a separate computer of one of the drivers on the server. The client of the person running the server typically does not crash. There is also one person who usually logs in with a second computer in spectator mode to stream the race. The spectator sometimes gets disconnected at the end of race 1, but it does not crash. Also, the clients that crash do not save a replay file of race 2. I believe most people are using otterhud but not everyone who uses it crashes. Everyone on the server is either in the US or Canada and we don't have any connection or ping issues.

The crash screen says the error code is 0xE06D7363.
    I'm attaching the dump file indicated in the crash message.

Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid this? Otherwise, I hope the dump file helps.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    We are currently running a series that has 2 races, towards the end of the 1st race, we observe multiple participants crashing to desktop, simultaneously with the following error:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/255313744442163200/947254831695925289/unknown.png

For myself, I was on the last lap of the race, with the race counter at zero.
    Since it was a 2 race format, it was then impossible to rejoin and all participants that remained had to wait the full race count-down as if they was awaiting me to finish and ready up (since I still showed in the lobby).
    Sadly, I don't appear to have a crashdump, but we are running the same format for a few weeks, so no doubt some will surface.

This has been an ongoing thing for quite some time.
    Previously, our race format would include 5 short races with different circuits and between each race, the majority would be disconnected, including spectators. This hadn't always been the case. For years, everything was perfect.

3. Pink_Stripes

Pink_Stripes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I continue to have this issue with my group and I've also experienced it on a dedicated server run by a completely different person. I have only experienced the issue at the end of the last race in an event, though. This means if you have an event set up to have two races, the game will only crash at the end of the second race, not the first one. The crash does happen at the end of the first (and only) race if the event has a single race. The most frustrating part of it (besides the fact that the game should not crash to desktop is that it does not save a replay of that race. A couple of things we tested:
    • If you just keep driving around after the last race in the event ends, the game crashes on the instant you cross the start/finish line again (i.e. the moment you complete a full lap after the checkered flag).
    • If you park your car after the checkered flag and do nothing, the crash still occurs when the time allowed after a race finish expires.
    I'm adding two crash dumps:
    • The one ending in 232 is from someone else's server, in an event that had only one race.
    • The one ending in 645 is from the same host as the first one I posted and in this one the game crashed after I completed a lap post checkered flag.

Attached Files: