Bug Crash, sort of.....

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Apr 21, 2019.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    RR just stopped working, sounds, cars driving by but I was unable to do anything other than enter task manager and end process. I'm running Fanatec V3 pedals and both vibrators were on speed, as they were going haywire.Was just running some laps in the 964 at Zanvoort, happened when I hit escape to return to garage. Crash dump supplied.

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I've had this problem a couple of times as well, we haven't been able to find any cause yet. Do you use a Logitech K400+ keyboard by any chance? It popped up for the first time for me after i got mine.

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget the Windows Event Viewer.
    It can be a handy little tool in identifying the culprit.
    MS making something useful....Who knew? :D

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Not sure ive had something exactly like this but ive certainly had something very similar. Dont use said keyboard..

5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    In my case what seems to happen is that the game still fully functions, so everything on track is still happening. But instead of going back to the garage menu, it just puts the car in the pits without the menu showing up. So you end up not being able to do anything, my V3 pedals also keep vibrating when it happens. The funny thing is i can alt-tab out of the game, then right-click close the game and an ‘are you sure you want to quit’ message box will appear in game, with the normal menu being present behind, but that dissappears again if I click no.. really hope we can get to the bottom of it soon :D

6. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Tiz an old issue that I'd hoped was sorted in the recent update, I can't drop out of RR any other way than by using task manager. I did think it was my previous keyboard so changed it a while back, not gonna fall for that one again. ;)
    Hope it does get sorted, as I only feel fit enough to drive so rarely these days that when it crashes I lose just a little bit more of my soul! :eek:
    Anyone know why RR is down for maintenance? Have not heard diddly squat through social media and I'm sure I would have seen an April Developers Update News thread jobby. That or did something break overnight?

7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I was contemplating this very phenomenon myself.
    Could just be a 'house-keeping' patch to make way for a future DLC/feature.

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Under the veil of secrecy and without an explanation, so; who wants to start the first rumour?

9. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know this is an old thread, but I just started having this problem as well. Game is still running, cars are still driving, but nothing works when returning to the garage... Seemed to only happen in qualifying, not practice oddly enough. I also just started using a Logitech K400+ as well, so maybe there is something there.

Interested if anyone is still having issues or if anyone found out a cause. Thanks.