Problem CrewChief Issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bindaree Racing, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    EDIT.....I was wrong. After more testing seems to be an OtterHud/Webhud issue. Turn the webhud off and it works fine. Maybe @OtterNas3 could help.

I'm hoping for some help please. Or if @mr_belowski could help, that would be fantastic.

I run R3E with Crewchief and OtterHud. I have been getting the following bug from CC which freezes the game at start of session.

"
    19:15:30.605 : Initialising...
    19:16:31.241 : Initialised raceroom shared memory
    19:27:49.742 : Unable to serialize game data: Index was outside the bounds of the array., at CrewChiefV4.RaceRoom.R3ESerializer.writeByteArray(JsonWriter writer, String property, Byte[] rawData, HashSet`1 disabledProperties) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\R3E\R3ESerializer.cs:line 554
    at CrewChiefV4.RaceRoom.R3ESerializer.addDriverData(JsonWriter writer, DriverData driverData, HashSet`1 disabledProperties) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\R3E\R3ESerializer.cs:line 480
    at CrewChiefV4.RaceRoom.R3ESerializer.Serialize(Object gameData, String disabledPropertyList) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\R3E\R3ESerializer.cs:line 452
    ++++++++++++ Skipped 1679 copies of previous message. Please report this error to the CC dev team ++++++++++++
    "

I have no idea what it means. Any help appriciated.

Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried reinstalling? Always worth a try in the first instance.

3. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The Hud, CC, or R3E?

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not sure why this is happening now and not always, but the cc code isn't handling zero length byte arrays (or byte arrays with only null bytes) properly. I don't know why you're seeing data like this but I've fixed the app so it won't fall in a heap when it encounters such data:

https://gitlab.com/mr_belowski/CrewChiefV4/issues/419

Will be included in the next release

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

Just tested. All back to normal. Thanks for the quick response.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i've not released the fix yet :)

I think this is an issue caused by specific data coming from the game - perhaps something happens when players disconnect or something that causes a player name to be all nulls. I don't think it happens very often but it certainly shouldn't be crashing Crew Chief. The bug is definitely in the Crew Chief code and is definitely fixed in the next release

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, should of said, used your temp fix from gitlab, I'll remove the resolved button.