critical store issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    There seems to be a rather big problem that may leave some new users feeling completely ripped off, and perhaps more negative steam reviews.
    The problem is that if you add a pack to the cart, and then add another pack to the cart with duplicate content, the discount is not applied there and then. Eg adding dtm 14 for 2500Vrp + Adac 14 for 2500vrP gives a total of 5000vRp. I went as far as checkout to test and saw there is definitely no discount applied.

In order to get your discount you need to buy the 1 pack and only then are discounts applied to the other packs. This itself is a problem as if you are paying cash, you won't be getting the bulk vRp discounts. the only way I managed to navigate myself towards getting the best possible value, was a 2 page thread where community members patiently steered me in the right direction. The other problem is that if I have bought stuff in the ingame store, on the steam page, the packs are all still full price with no discount possible.

yet another problem is that you can't buy vRp from the ingame store. you have to search the faq or google it to be taken to yet another page. All very confusing.

So my suggestions are:
    - when you add something to the cart, reload the page and apply discounts to other items there and then, so you can see for yourself the price dropping and experiment with different options to get the best combo for best price. ( a very nice thing to see)

- DLC on steam needs to somehow be linked to the ingame store, so any experience bought ingame, needs to somehow be reflected on steam and discounts applied there too. I suspect this is unlikely to be possible, in which case I would advertise the dlc, but no option to buy it from steam, instead a link taking you to the ingame store, or something like that.

-allow purchase of vRp from ingame store

My above suggestions might be unworkable, but I just wanted to raise the issue to the devs to avoid this fantastic game getting a bad reputation. Basically what I'm saying is there should be no way for a new user to pay more than what they need to. Word of mouth can be a very powerful thing, positive or negative.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agreed!! I saw on Steam Sale DTM 2014 50%Off around U$S 15 but as I owned DTM 2013 and hence most of the tracks and cars I enter the S3 Store thru the game but no sale for old customers. They still say I have -83% Off resulting in VRP 1400. So I have to pay U$S 15 app. I love this game but this is not the way to make it popular. Too expensive and no benefits for old supporters even considering one of the few games with the need to connect to the servers all the time for Single player mode.