Question Crossing the finish line... a pause?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Teddie, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Teddie

Teddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys,
    Is it normal behavior for the game to pause for 3 or so seconds when you hit the finish line at the end of a race?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it generally does this because you have the race set to record , after you finish the game saves the vcr file which can then be watched ingame

Andi

3. Teddie

Teddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I tried with the replay recording disabled. Still pauses at the finish line at the end of the race. Not a big deal, but it does sort of mess with my immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mittens

Mittens New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'd like to pick this topic up again if I may. For me the game is also pausing at the end of each race - but for at least a minute. I have already disabled recording and double checked that Raceroom really does not create a recording file. Happens after every race against AI.
    Any further ideas what may cause this or how to fix it?
    Alex

5. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Get a faster internet connection, to the racroom servers. ;)
    After every race the data which was collected through race gets uploaded to the game.raceroom.com servers.

Let's say its comparable to the steam savegame sync, after you finish the game steam aploads the safegame to their servers, this takes a few seconds, or a minute or more

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Mittens

Mittens New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi keanos,
    I have a 40Mbit upload, so that cannot be it. And it actually wasn't. I just figured it out, thanks to your input. So thank you. :)
    I opened task manager (don't know why I did not think of doing this earlier...) to check what my LAN connection was doing and saw in the processes that Boxcryptor was fighting Raceroom for the highest CPU load. I sync my personal files via OneDrive to my other devices and therefore use Boxcryptor to encrypt these files. Although the Raceroom files themselves are not encrypted Boxcryptor for some reason still wants to have a word apparently.
    So I just took Boxcryptor out of the loop and now there's the one or two second delay than can be expected for syncing data with the server.
    I finally do not have to dread finishing races anymore! ;)
    Cheers,
    Alex

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020