Problem CSL Elite PS4/PC not recognized in game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Corné Borchers, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Corné Borchers

Corné Borchers New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

I'm new to the forum and the PC world an in desperate need off help. I can't get my wheel to work no matter what i try. The wheel does get recognized in the driver menu from Fanatec, all functions work. It shows up (sometimes) as ID1 & ID2 under active devices but i can't seem to do anything. I managed to make a custom profile but I'm unable to assign the different functions. Also deleted the game and files on my computer.

Somehow the keyboard stays active as main controller. When i use that the rev lights and speed indicator on my wheel is activated and lights up. Please advise on what to do because at the moment I don't know what to do.

Thx, Corné

Attached Files:

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, have you tried to unplug your wheel an plugged it in again while you are in game?

3. Corné Borchers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes i did, doesn't make a difference. Also uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and firmware for the wheel. I see under active devices but can't seem to change the default mouse and keyboard settings.

Attached Files:

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, doesn't look to bad to be honest - you see the FFB-Settings active. That Menu-Button would be grey if your Wheel wouldn't be recognized. If you go in the Advanced Settings and try to move the wheel, do you see any movement?

That the Keyboard is active together with the Wheel is normal. It is just used so you can assign some keyboard-buttons for functions for which you don't have any buttons on your wheel left...

5. Corné Borchers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got it to work, don't know exactly how. Somehow the keybinding worked after i deleted the games files in my documents. Now the only thing to figure out is how to get the SQ shifter working. Seems to react to paddle or H Patern separately so now i have two different profiles. Ons for the help.

6. VelocityBraker

VelocityBraker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Evening Corné Borchers, m.bohlken.
    I have recently mirrored and invested in similar gaming activities and paripherals as yourself. It would also appear your initial problem is exactly the one I'm experiencing. I wonder if you, or anyone reading this can be my guide in trying to resolve this problem. Damned frustrating as the wheel and Pedals are recognised by AC. I have half the issue with AutoMob where the controller is configurable for the pedals and other functions but the steering input is not recognised.

7. Corné Borchers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When the wheel is showing in the menu got have to configure all functions manually. When assifning the wheel turn it all the way too the right and left, otherwise it won't register.

8. VelocityBraker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow great and very swift response Corné. Thank you.

I did as you said and indeed it did work. Feel a bit silly now as all it was for me to go the full rotation one way then the next. Ah well, we love and learn.
    Only problem now is when I go to track I can't drive the car, none of the inputs work and all I can do is exit with the keyboard back to the menu page. Any ideas? Probably another something silly again that I'm not doing. :(

9. Corné Borchers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure the right controller profile is active when in game? I think you can select it in options.

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    And be sure to configure the Buttons/Pedals/Wheel in the Controller-Profile...

11. VelocityBraker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm, tried selecting it but no joy. Deleted and restarted the game from steam, nothing. It keeps seeing the wheel then losing it. The wheel also switch he's over to he other compatible modes too. It doesn't when using with PCars or AutoMob... Only thing left to do is a total restart.

12. VelocityBraker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, what totally pointless day today. thought I'd be enjoying the Raceroom vr but nothing.
    Tried uninstalling reinstalling, selecting and unselecting, auto, all sorts. There seems to be an issue that only raceroom can detect because in trying to assign buttons and paddles the 'Assign a Button' notice was flashing on and off and disappearing before I could make said selection. I was convinced it was the new mini mouse/keyboard was either at fault or had a flat battery. it wasn't, as the tried and tested one I have been using in the hse for years met the same issues when introduced. There must be a fault in one of the leads then!?! I pulled out the Sq shifter and great, no more disappearing options. Make my selections go to track only to find I can't select any gears. I'm stuck in the pits in neutral watching all these lovely Audis drive past me making pretty noises to go with their pretty paint jobs. Exit again figuring to set the paddles as shifters in the event I've forgotten to do so. Nope. Go again noticing now that I was never able to use the gas or the brake. Nothing after that change either. I also notice now that the car's not idling... gotta be the starter/ignition thing (not that I know much about this element). Map them, use them the car starts going into over rev like a mother (you know what). Esc! try a couple more times, nothing. I put auto back on to find Mr Driver can only drive in reverse or put it back in neautral (he must be special if he's competitive with only those two selectables). All the time I'm having to reboot and start again having steam hang on me a half dozen times at the very least. In between all this the Mrs is poorly and I'm in the kitchen. However it turns out dinners gonna be the best part of this day for sure.
    Anyway, just thought I'd vent soemewhere. Thanks for your pointers they did help.

13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. First point is that the engine revving to the redline on start up is a known issue and being investigated. Press any button on the wheel or tap the throttle and it will drop back to idle.
    I have the CSL Elite, the first version, and it works fine for me. There is another Betatester has the same version as you and has no problems.
    First thing to do is to verify the game cache. In steam "right click" on Raceroom racing experience, select properties at the bottom of the drop down, Select "local files" tab then select "verify games cache. This will check and replace any files that are corrupt or missing. Once you have done that please try to create the profile for your wheel again.
    Let us know how that goes.

14. VelocityBraker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Paul, thanks for the heads up.

I'll look into them the moment I get to be in the hse on my own. Timing and priorities dictate no rig fun time till mid week so... Soon as I've done this I'll report back. For now though I can tell you it was a new install as of last week, not that it makes much diff to corrupted files but hey...lol

Thank you again for chiming in.

15. VelocityBraker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Paul, took a few moments last night to go though your directions. I fired up the RR vr and presto worko, I was in. Great tip there sir! Cleaning up those files did the trick. Went strait into the TT package at Nurburgring Sprint and admired the scenery and the sounds. Thank you.
    There really is a lot to learn within the game and the computer system coming from the consol as I am. I'll put this, and maybe a little more in the intro section I avoided posting in in my desperation to get to the bottom of this none starting issue. For now though I'm off to get me some of the Bentley at Brands Hatch. vroom vroom.
    Thanks again guys.

16. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Great news. Enjoy.

17. Chrisel81

Chrisel81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MY steering isn´t correctly in R3E. What could it be?

18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Can you specify what is not correct with your steering?

19. Chrisel81

Chrisel81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I drive I make a 3/4 Spin on the Wheel and the Wheel in Game make a 1/4 spin.

20. Chrisel81

Chrisel81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I Have the Base Setup Sen in Aut.