CSP v3 Brake Pedal Signal Erratic bouncing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NorCal, Mar 27, 2019.

1. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When caIibrating my CSP V3 pedals the brake pedal blue signal indicator bar moves erratically (bounces up & down) from min. to max travel positions when calibrating. Gas & Clutch signal indicator bars move smoothly. Brake pedal physical movement is smooth. Latest PC Driver version: 328 / Firmware version: 1.30.

The pedals are being calibrated when connected directly to pc by usb (and not connected to CSWB v2 at same time). I also tried calibrating when connected to CSWB v2 (and not connected to pc usb at same time) with same results. Auto Calibration Box is not checked.

Any ideas why the brake pedal signal indicator bar behaves this way?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    download diview , if its doing that in diview its a pedal issue, bad connection lose wire , broken loadcell

Andi

3. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tried it - same results. Thanks for the info.

4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Mine has started doing it on the low end...and have had to adjust the lower dead zone up twice now...i was getting slow lap times that made me notice the issue...not sure what driver version I'm on

5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    And the verdict was ???????

6. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec tech replied & said it was probably the brake Load Cell but before I am able to order it they want a video. They sent me a funky video that showed how to R&R the load cell.

Does anyone have a video or pics changing out the load cell?

7. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    $40 later a new load cell is on the truck headed my way (hopefully). Fingers crossed I hope this does it. So far Fanatec Support has responded w/in 24-48 hrs to my email inquiries regarding this problem although pickin up the phone would be a lot easier. Their system probably weeds out the whiners.

All of their instructions have been easy to follow with the exception of out of focus pics changing out the load cell. FYI - you want to get their attention - they really like troubleshooting vids. I’m no pc whiz kid - my vids were sent via cell ph.

8. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear