Resolved CSP V3 Pedals random throttle malfunction (no RRE Bug)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by n01sname, Apr 29, 2022.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    At certain tracks (Most, Laguna and Brands GP so far), mostly at slight elevations or dips my CSL Elite Wheelbase resp. my CSP V3 Pedals all of a sudden don't respond at all or get stuck in full throttle mode (like at the beginning when joining a race or practice - common issue still not fixed actually). Its totally random and I get it only with RRE. Thing is it feels exactly like getting a Slowdown Penalty (without activating penalties, neither at SP nor on our League Servers) - after about 5 Secs it all goes back to normal.

Totally strange :eek:

I also did a loooooong practice session with ACC to countercheck immediately- no issues at all !
    Anyone with similar issues or can in any way relate to that ?

Thx ;)

2. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well for now I deleted my old controller profile (might be conflicting), creating a new one (latest drivers are on) even changed the USB Slot for my WB and it seems to do the trick...for now.

3. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No, it doesn't...just wishful thinking..
    Got me again - during a very promising championship run at my community...:rolleyes:
    I did a long test run with ACC right after ...and again :
    Nothing unusual to report.

It must be a strange, rare bug that is definitively connected to RRE ...as last resort I might contact Fanatec support to send them latest logfiles to check if there's anything helpful to see..

PS: I already forgot that it appeared 1st time about a year ago but as I took a break from MP racing that time (except for casual SP sessions) it wasn't much of a problem due to the infrequent appearance of that........thing !

Sucks, cause no online competitions with RRE for now....

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Can you check your windows power settings , just incase it is caused by a usb time out , so power settings / advanced and its in there somewhere

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Good thought but no, Andi (thx), power settings are on default (balanced) and I don't use the PC standby function (Monitor only)...a mystery :) but hopefully Fana Support might find something...

6. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ok just for the record/update news :

After hours and hours with ACC I've got that pedal failure again (just one time for about 5 Secs) but thats enough to sort out RRE causing it (just seems to be more sensitive).
    Well still waiting for Fanatec Support, but changing the sensor in case isn't Rocket Science ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I had strange behaviour with fanatec csw2 and pedals v3 after I hadn't shut down the wheelbase before I pulled the plug.
    Annoyed me fore some time. Finally I deleted fanatec completely from my pc. There also had been some lost installs. Deleting these made the trick.
    Maybe it's worth a trial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah true, a previous, somehow corrupted installation ( last FW before 439) was already there but not causing that special problem. Though after I did a clean install "by the book" re-calibrating and all, the wheel feels much better. Even the tuning menu was a bit off before.
    So: As the Fanatec Support didn't react so far I started investigating that V3 pedal failure myself. There are a lot of posts and threads about flickering input a.s.o. (mostly about CSL Elite LC) that point to faulty or contaminated Hall Sensors/Load Cells while mine were working properly all the time except for that full throttle spikes or sudden loss of input for a few secs and mainly with RRE (see thread history above). Obviously a more software related problem on the first glance...(?)
    Eventually (after a few evenings of checking , testing, trial & error) I found a post at Fanatec Forums by a V3 owner reporting about very erratic behaviour of his V3 Pedals (throttle) making it impossible to drive. The problem was caused by that little magnetic bolt that stuck out too far below the Hall Sensor plate right at the side of the throttle pedal, causing the malfunction.
    Okay that brought me back on track again as there were several notes about dust and particles sticking between magnet and sensor causing problems already...
    So I unscrewed the Hall Sensor to take a look at and there was indeed fine residue around the edges - nothing special you may find - so after blowing out and cleaning the whole thing (magnet & sensor) I didn't expect much tbh.

But what can I say: After another night of endless testing :rolleyes: particularly on RRE tracks that seem prone to that malfunction all works like charm so far, however, I'm still a bit anxious about....but... well....this time it really seems to do the trick ! o_O

On the bright side I also learned a lot about CSP V3 Pedals en detail this week, about assembly, Hall Sensors, Load Cells and whatnot...so fingers crossed.

This review is a very informative one if you have to set hands to your CSP pedals btw. (or to simply understand how they work anyway) .

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Nice, now you're an expert, I know who to ask.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well the spikes came back (a little less frequent and just for 1 second) so it might be time for a new Hallsensor (as a collegue with similar probs also confirmed). Finally the Fanatec Support woke up as well, so fingers crossed it's just a matter of days now ;)

11. FGP

FGP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Fairman, I have the same problems here (throttle sticks at 100%, or no throttle-response ("time penalty"). Unfortunatly I dont have a solution, but some more input to it: I changed my setup, but the problem stayed the same; first setup: CSW 2.5, CSL-pedals (connected via RJ to WB) - i thought the padel might be damaged, so i changed to CSW 2.5 with CS-Pedals V3 (also connected via RJ to WB) -> no significant change to the problem. Hence, the problem is not directly connected to V3-pedals. Hopefully, we find a solution for it; if I should have some news, i let you know.