Resolved CSR Elite Pedals - Throttle input needs to be inverted, but can't see how

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Metalogic, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hi - I've just got a Thrustmaster T300 wheelbase, TM Leather 28 GT rim, and a set of Fanatec CSR Elite pedals. The pedals are connected directly to my PC via USB. I have the latest Thrustmaster drivers and firmware installed and also the latest (beta) Fanatec drivers. All inputs from both the both the wheel and the pedals register in their respective control panels.

I have no problem assigning the throttle, brake and clutch controls to the pedals, and the steering inputs and other controls to the T300/28 GT. In R3E, though, for some reason the throttle input from my CSR Elite Pedals is inverted - so when not depressed acceleration is at 100% and when fully depressed is at 0%, but I can't see anyway in R3E to invert the inputs, unlike in AC or AMS, where they work fine. Any suggestions?

2. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hmm thats weird, however I remember having read some people with same problem on Elites with differents sim games. IIRC one thing to try is to press and hold down the pedal when launching the game. The brake works differently because of the load cell so this is only for clutch and accel.
    Have you tried DXTweak ? Maybe can help.

Hope you can solve this issue, those pedals are amazing. ;)

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I'll give that a go. I also had problems getting R3E to recognise any inputs from the pedals initially, but seem to have sorted that out somehow, it's just the inversion issue that's the problem now. How come there's no manual inversion option in R3E unlike in other sims? Is it just meant to handle this automatically?

Not yet, I wasn't quite sure what this program was for, but I've now downloaded it from the link give here:
    http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals---dxtweak.html

Is this the correct link to use?

Thanks, they looked like the cheapest way to get a loadcell - I managed to pick up a good condition secondhand set for £80 on eBay. They seem to work fine in AMS and AC, though I did order a replacement loadcell and PU foam insert from Fanatec in case it turns out these need replacing.

4. Jazz Forsberg

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thats the little program yes :)
    Having spare load cells is a great thing, as they will die over time.

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Aha! I've got it working somehow, not sure what I did exactly, but it's now registering the inputs from all my pedals the correct way round now, hurrah!

Just took the Canhard R51 for a practice drive around the Nurburgring and all seems to work, though I think the wheel settings need quite a bit of tweaking! Will have a look at some other user's settings for the T300. BTW what steering lock do you need to use with most cars (18?) and what degree of rotation of the wheel - 900 or much less? First time I've ever used a wheel in R3E!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Jazz Forsberg

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Glad you've sorted it out. Don't ask how, just play :D
    Steering lock and degrees of rotation are paired with each car. If you find hard to turn you might want a higher steering lock, or a lower degree of rotation. It's somehow linked to your taste. Like FFB intensity.
    What I had to do with DXTweak was to calibrate the brake pedal. As it works with a load cell it never reached 100% braking force at stock. With R3E we have an upper limit which solves the problem. But I noticed that after used it for AMS (it has no upper limit setting) there were no more need for the upper limit either on R3E.

Just get some races. You might want to get used to your new wheel first, rest will come. Thumbs up Metalogic ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Sure, but I've no idea what settings to start with! Currently am trying with steering lock 18 and 900 degrees of rotation, but not sure if that's sensible at all or not!

The braking input seems fine, as I don't have a dedicated sim rig (though do have a T300 Wheelstand Pro incoming, with extra fittings with the CSR Elite pedals) I've just set the loadcell dial on the pedals to about 7 to 8, which allows me to get 100% braking force without an insane amount of pressure.

the throttle pedals seems to have a little notch just before the end of travel which I have to press through to reach full travel, is this normal, or is there a way to fix this? the clutch pedal doesn't have this, just moves smoothly all the way to the end of its travel. If it's not hardware fixable, should I change the deadzone (in DXTweak?) so that I can get 100% input registered before the notch?

8. Jazz Forsberg

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    DXTweak can be used to get some info about your pedals input. It can give you an idea on whats going on by looking the sliders.
    To isolate the problem make sure you don't use combined pedals. Disable that feature in fanatec panel control and everywhere you see it. And connect it to another USB port just in case.
    I would take a look to the pedal itself, as it can have dust. Clean it if dirty, and take a look to the screws and spring, make sure everythings ok.
    Use the fanatec control panel to calibrate and map. As for steering lock/degrees of rotation try to use default ones to start with.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
  10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
  11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, he did say it MAY be of use. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My vote count on imgur is in the negative so I deleted. But here it is.
    I rewrote it here, but deleted that when i seen my vote count fall to the negative.

http://imgur.com/a/mcy6X