Question CSW 2.5 profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rally-RacingIvysaur, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Dear reader,

I've problems with my CSW 2.5 wheel range working in R3E. The wheel range shows N/A. I do notice this is because there are no templates/profiles for the 2.5. yet. I've tried to copy a 2.0 profile and change the device ID, but it still doesn't work. Maybe I am overlooking something.

So my question is do any of you who own a CSW 2.5 too have a working template/profile with the wheel range working correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Ivy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I thinks you might have to wait until Sector3 add official support for CSW 2.5 in R3E.
    It's the same thing for every new wheel (CSW V2, CSL, etc ..)

Maybe some day the Fanatec drivers will allow the Fanatec SDK to work regardless of the wheel, and give some kind of "universal" support for Fanatec wheels... but until then devs needs to add manually new wheel base in their game.

BTW: wheel should work fine, you just wont have automatic wheel range.

3. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. It works fine, but the steering is awkward. Maybe no R3E for now for me. I can wait. Thank you for your reply.

4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Without automatic wheel range you need to set your wheel range (on the wheel itself) and the steering lock (in game) manually in regards of the car you drive.

I don't have the good values in mind but it's something like 540/20 for GTR3 car, 400/18 for Formula, 720/24 fur Gr5, etc ..

Otherwise the feeling will not be good, indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    modern GT3's is more 540/14 i think

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I will try this then. Thank you. Without automatic wheel range it's like I am racing Loeb Evo. The center is so huge, hehe.

7. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Thanks i think this answered My Question as well:D

I have My v2.5 on wheel DOR set to Auto i went from Gt3 Porsche to LMP1/Proto type and the steering seemed to work well but i didnt have the Steering Lock at EX: 540 the On screen drivers hands would stop and the Car Turns Nicely but i can continue turning My wheel because the DOR Lock is Not active :eek:

So if im Correct yor saying R3E sets the DOR and wheel DOR Lock Automaticly but its Not working because the V2.5 is Currently Not Officially Supported yet.

8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Yep :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Question... How is your FFB set up... This cn make a Huge Difference in Wheel center feeling Dead or Huge gap feeling you mentioned.

10. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It's really the wheel range and steering rack-stuff. If I use 630 in KTM and use 18 steering rack it's all kinda alright. but 13, as default, it 'starts' steering at 90 degrees left and right.

11. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Silently hoped that the V2.5 profile would be added today, but no. Hope it will be 'hotfixed'. Can't wait to try out my wheel in R3E. With proper feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I looked in the game file-->Controlor Profiles there is a profile for CSW v2.5 ....i opened it with Notepad++ all the settings are marked as true.... I have No idea why its Not Fully supported yet.

13. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Question what does the # behind the DOR do??? EX: DOR 540, 18<--???

14. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Where did you find csw v2.5 ? I looked in control set could not see v2.5 ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The 2nd number is the steering lock. (the first number being steering rotation. ie. how far your steering wheel turns)

The higher the steering lock, the more your car wheels will turn. However, the higher the number, the twitchier the car will be and the more difficult it will be to control.

This plays into 'steering ratio'. For instance 540/15 has the same ratio as 900/25. At full rotation, these 2 ratios should have the same turning circle.

A quick run down... Open wheel uses around 360/12, DTM is around 450/13, WTCC 16 is around 440/15, GT3 is around 540/15, GTO is around 600/15, G5 is around 600-720/15-20, DTM 92 is 900/30.

You can change these values in the car setup menu from the garage screen in the pits.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Could he of found this in my Documents and it's one he created? because there sure isn't on in the official profile folder.

17. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    You have to look in the Game controlor program Files... Not the in game wheel tuning Menu.

From what i feel the v2.5 is working as it should but there is No physical Wheel DOR Lock/Stop.... EX in game You will reach 540 max DOR but your Physical wheel in your hands will just keep turning even though in Game Max turning has already been reached.

I will Hook up My regular v2 this week end and test test to feel whats the difference between the v2 & v2.5 Playing R3E... That way i an get My DOR lock settings dialed in same settings should work v2 and v2.5

18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I hope they sort the profile soon as I want the wheel, but it seems R3E is the only one that doesn't have the profile yet.

19. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm interesing point... I will investigate....But i Named Mine GDog v2.5 but in the Folder i saw Fanatec CSW v2.5... But maybe the game is Reading and taking info from the wheel and Renaming the wheel Profile.

Did you open the Cotrollor profile with Notepad++???

20. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    None of the Games have it yet... Not Pcars, Dirt Rally sport, Iracing...Fanatec said they sent out the SDK so we are waiting for Game updates to get full in Game Native support for the wheel.

The Buttons can be Mapped to work but the Buttons and Rim Joy sticks wont Navigate the Menu screens or Execute selections.... I found a work around until its fully supported... I use the Emulate Mouse Feature in the fanatec properties page and that lets me Move the Mouse with the wheel Joy sticks and Set the Right Joy stick as a Hot key so when i push it in i can enter selections...EX: Choose cars, Enter/Exit Races. it works for Now.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017