Question CSW 2.5 profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rally-RacingIvysaur, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Well. It was supposed to be in the patch. But since last patch was smooth, as a rule of the universe this one could not be. Best case we will have a shorter(ish) maintenance today to add some stuff that was meant for yesterday.

2. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your reply. Lemme hope it works today / tomorrow.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @kitsune, lets hope so, mistakes happen, but when the patch notes are released you would think what is written is doubled checked when the patch is uploaded to make sure is all good (quality control) to me someone isn't doing their job correctly..

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Well. Support was added. We've confirmed it works with all the Fanatec wheel bases. The wheel range didn't get pushed though. That's what's coming this patch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm it works now! Thank you!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So much easier to have wheel range working again thanks guys, just in interest though, not that it seems to matter, there isn't a actual profile for the 2.5??

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that's lil annoying is that the range doesn't reset back to 900.

8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sorry what do you mean?

9. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If you drive a car, lets say with a rotation of 540, and you end the game it stays at 540 when you exit the game. In the software for the base.

If you click Fanatec Wheel Property Page and go to your 2.5 base settings you will see it will not reset back to 900. So when you play another game you have to exit it first and reset the wheel rotation in the Fanatec Software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ah right understand now, shouldn't worry it doesn't effect anything, it just remembers the last one you drove, I had a T500 before this and the same thing use to happen with TM's software but again it had no adverse effect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Oh, it does affect something allright. Before I was aware of this, I had serious difficulties driving in AMS and RF2, did not know what was wrong or what happened; thought I just had a bad day.
    Resetting to 900 and no dampening in the Fanatec Property Page did the trick.
    Never had that changed by a sim until now, which is why I never suspected finding the issue there...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Seb loeb rally used to do same thing I think

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It changes the DOR of the next game you play, unless its one of them shallow titles like AMS or RF2 where DOR has no effect on driver input or skill level............................

Bwahahahaaaa, sorry Fana, not bin here for a while just catching up n all that ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    IMO CSW v2.5--->R3E Auto DOR is Screwed up... I dont know how they set it up but you loose Steering resolution---> Yes your wheel is supposed to lock at EX: 540 but its also Reducing Steering input Resolution because the Cars become very Skittish while turning---> Its almost Impossible to make a turn without Major Tire Scrub!!! if this was done Right you should Not Loose Steering Resolution because you change the DOR.<--- Yes you loose any Steering input, Steering Resolution above EX: 540 but the Steering Resolution/Points of Movement below 540 should Not get Condensed/Reduced----> The Auto DOR seems to be Reducing Steering resolution also.... It just feels all wrong.

15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    See I don't see or feel that, the only time I find steering becoming skittish is if I reduce the fov, I either use 450/540 or 360 DOR and find them fine, the only thing that ever bother's me while steering is that 90% of the cars still don't have correct rotation of the virtual wheel.

16. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I havent any problems with my csw 2.5. FFB feels perfect.

17. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Question--> Do your Joy sticks work to Navigate Game Menus??? Mine will Not maybe something went wrong with My update???

Other than the Auto DOR feeling wacked out My v2.5 wheel Feels Great---> I like My Steering as Close to 1 to 1 as i can get it---> I set on wheel DOR Aut--> in car Steering Ratio 900 and then adjust the in car Steering Gain to taste and it feels sooo Much smoother than using Auto DOR and My Lap times are Much Better---> Auto DOR i Get Major Tire Scrub while turning<--- Which Kills lap times---> Also im using Stock Car suspension while testing this so i can get a pure Narural Feel before i make any changes.

Even with in car DOR set to 900 I Never Have to turn My wheel beyond Hand over Hand or beyond the point of what feels to be a Normal/Natural turning Radius for a Given car in a Particular turn---> I test on Laguna Seca and even though all Cars in Car DOR set to 900 all Cars turn and feel Natural --> Ex: Some car still Require More Steering input than others---> Also i find this brings the on screen wheel movement much closer to matching My Real Hands/v2.5 wheel Movements.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm like you I like my wheel to match the virtual wheel and it does 100% apart from the cars that stop rotating at 90° I use auto on my wheel auto in game and adjust wheel rotation in the setup screen. But I thought I'd try GrimeyDog's method to see if there is a difference..hmm yes there is, it's alot smoother, I said in a earlier post of mine I felt AC was smoother, and using Grimey's method this feels even better, the only down side is that I don't want to drive all the cars at 900° rotation, even more so because as said before the lack of rotation on the virtual wheel's as so many are still restricted still, god knows why, anyway @Tarik Userli it might be good if you test this as well, there is something wrong/different when using the auto dor in game.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Would that be a v2.5 exclusive ?
    On my v2 that never worked. At best the indicator could be moved VERY slowly in (sometimes!) the four directions, but that's about it.

20. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I can assign them in the controller menu's, but they don't work outside of that.

• Agree Agree x 1