Problem Current Performance Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by EcosseRacer, Oct 16, 2020.

1. EcosseRacer

EcosseRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All of a sudden I'm struggling to start any race or practice session without a performance issue.

9 times out of 10 when click "Go Race" after setting up the parameters of the session, it never loads any loading screen, remains almost frozen then eventually I get a generic splash screen of a Merc with a "Click to continue" in a really generic font (nothing like the correct game text font).

From then on my FPS tanks down to about 15 and stutters like crazy, and is unplayable. I have to then quit out of entire game and restart, but its a lottery whether or not it fixes it.

On the occasion it does works I get the proper loading screen and the text "Click any key to continue" in the correct font and my FPS are back to normal.(Run triples at solid 60fps)

I think its something to do with the online portion of the game not working when its trying to load the online data, as it makes no difference to the size of grid, car choice or track choice. Plus when it works the game is totally fine.

Anyone else experience anything like this as its only really happened in the last few months or so.?

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You could try deleting the browser cache of the game in the following folder: "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache"

3. EcosseRacer

EcosseRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion, still no joy however. Im still getting the same thing happen. Any other ideas as its become totally unplayable now, as i dont have time or will power to attempt to load a race 7 or 8 times every time just to get the one time it does work.

4. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You can try deleting graphics_options.xml with the UserData folder (its also in the SimBin folder). Otherwise you could delete (or at least move) the MyGames folder completely but then you have to make your keybindings again. Alternatively you can let Steam scan for corrupt files. You may also could have a problem with fonts. If nothing of the above helps create an new user, login with it and try running RR as other user for testing purposes.

5. EcosseRacer

EcosseRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still think this issue is around how Raceroom loads part of the sim from server side and the rest from client side and this is where its failing. The fact that its hit and miss and not something specific that seems to be causing it, seems to me that there is an issue or a delay in loading the required data to allow the sim to start properly. Sometimes it gets everything loaded quick enough and there is no problem.

Whenever it happens i dont get the normal loading screens which implies that its not connecting correctly to the servers to get the right ones and im left with this generic one:[​IMG]

My internet is fast enough, so there must be a way of stopping this from happening. Its only really started doing it in the last 6 months, so im guessing there was an update around that point that has started this.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020