Custom Ingame-Overlay WebHud - With additional features - v 1.04

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Just a "small" addition to the Ingame-Overlay WebHud, which was implemented by Sector3

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Performance improved alot! CPU usage went down to ~2% from 9+%
      I think the updateRate tick wasn't really actually used, so the original Version was updating the WebHud as fast as possible, which caused alot of performance loss.
      I rewrote the Task handling for updates to make it solid 30 updates/s.
      Would love to get feedback if that helped the Drivers which had problems with the first official release!

• Added Inner and Outer Tire Temps and Tire-Wear to the Tires Widget
      (Always ON)
    • Added Tyre-Pressure to the Tires widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between kPa (kilo Pascal) or PSI (Pound-force per square inch)
      (Default is PSI)
    • Added a Auto-Hide function to the Radar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      If enabled, the Radar will hide automatically when no Car is close.

• Added Pit-Limiter notification to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      If enabled this will let your MoTec blink Blue/Red when your Pit-Limiter is active
      For all the Oldie Lovers & Hoodie Cam Drivers out there

• Added Speed Display option to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between MPH (Miles per Hour) or KMH (Kilometers per Hour)
      (Default is KMH)

• Added a "Show Gaps in secoonds" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      This will show the Gaps in time instead of distance.
      Friendly Note: This isn't accurate at a beginning of a Race as there is no Laptime or average speed to deal/calculate with.
      It will then calculate with a default average speed of 40m/s which is around 144KMH.
      As soon as there is a time set it prioritizes/calculates in this order:
      Best Laptime Leader Class -> Best Laptime Leader -> Best Laptime Self
      I will try to grep the Leaderbord data for each Class in the Race for calculations until a round is set, soon...

• Added a "Show Sectors as time" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      Instead of having just small bars to show if y sector was quick, it now shows you the "Individual" Sector time for each Sector as a number
      The Background comes in 4 different colors
      Gray (Normal Time) / Green (Personal Best) / Purple (Best of all Drivers on Server)
      As a gimme i added a 4th color possibility: ClassColor (Best In Class) the time will have the background of the Class your currently running in, which is the same color as in the Relative Widget and the Position Bar for your Class
      The Sectors will stay visible for 400m after you crossed the Finish Line so you can actually see if your last Round was good
      The Widget will resize automatic to fit, when ON/OFF

• Added a "Last Lap" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      This will enable the Display of your Last Lap, it also comes in 4 different colors
      Gray (Normal) / Green (Personal Best) / Purple (Best of all Drivers on Server) and of course the ClassColor (Best In Class)
      The Lap Time will also stay visible for 400m after you crossed the Finish Line
    • Added a "Show in all Sessions" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is ON)
      This enables the Relative Widget in all Sessions (Practice/Qualy/Race) instead of Race only
      In Practice/Qualy it will not show Drivers in the Pits.
      Also in Practice/Qualy it will Show the names in 3 different colors:
      White (On outlap) / Green (On valid Lap) / Red (On Invalid Lap)
      The Playername itself stays same Color
      This should make it easier to be aware if the Drivers around you are on a HotLap, or not, and you/him should let pass safely so you/him can finish his lap without interference.
      In Race Session the Colors are as usual

• Added a "Show Car Names" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is OFF)
      When enabled it will show the Car Names for all Drivers in the Widget and the Names of the Drivers will be shorter with Initials to fit the Car name and dont make the Relative Widget insane big

• Added a "Show Pit-Status in Race" function to the Relatie Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is OFF)
      This will add a column on the right side of the Relative Widget, only in Race Session.
      It shows the Status of the Driver in 2 colors and a number of already done Pit-Stops
      Gray (On track) / Red (In Pits)

• Added a new "Clock" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
      (Default is OFF)
      It is just a small Clock to show your local Real-Life time
      It was requested somewhere in the original Thread if i remeber correctly

• Changed behaviour of the Starting Lights
      The Starting Lights will now turn Green again when the Race starts and will automatic hide 3 seconds later, instead of disappearing without showing Green, for better immersion

• Added the ability to Move/Resize to more Widgets
      Yes still not all Widgets can be "previewed" so you need to trigger them actually, so you can Move/Resize them, but almost all Widgets are now customizeable, enjoy

• Settings Menu layout changed
      It got a bit high so i decided to make it wider to fit all the new options into it.
      Also rearranged the the Order of the Widgets, more important Widgets are now on the top, looks a lot better this way Imo
    1. You will need to run the Dash.exe which is basically a data feeder for the WebHud.
    There are 2 options to do so:
    • Option 1: Download the dash.zip from the repository, extract and run the dash.exe yourself. Which you have to manually execute everytime you launch the Game https://github.com/OtterNas3/otternas3.github.io/blob/master/r3ewebhud/dash.zip
    • Option 2: If you run the latest CrewChief version (http://thecrewchief.org/) you can enable a feature, in the CrewChief settings, so CrewChief runs the Dash for you. No need to download/run the additional dash.exe anymore
      1. Click on "Properties" in the main Crew-Chief window
      [​IMG]
      2. In the Properties Window, there is a search box in the top-right corner, type "hud" in there and you will see the option on the left side called "Enable Web-Hud integration (R3E only) (boolean)"
      [​IMG]
    2. You need to change the startup Parameter for RaceRoom in the Steam launcher
    • Right-Click RaceRoom entry in your Steam Game Library and select "Properties"[​IMG]

• Press on the "Set Launch Options..." Button[​IMG]

If you have other launch parameters set already, like triple screen or such just go to the end of your entry leave a blank space and insert.

And that's it!
    Launch your game and Drive safely!

Ideas? Suggestions? Lemme know!

Moo,
    Otter

Changelog
    Code:
    ----------
    Release

----------
    - Added Pit-Limiter notification to the MoTec-Widget options (Enabled by default)

----------
    - Added Tyre pressure to the Tire-Widget options, kPa (kilo Pascal) or PSI (Pound-force per square inch) selectable in the options (PSI by default)

----------
    - Added Speed display option to the MoTec-Widget, MPH (Miles per Hour) or KMH (Kilometers per Hour) selectable in the options (KMH by default)

----------
    - Performance improved alot! CPU usage went down to ~2% from 9+%
    I think the updateRate tick wasn't really actually used, so the original Version was updating the WebHud as fast as possible, which caused alot of performance loss.
    I rewrote the Task handling for updates to make it solid 30 updates/s.
    Would love to get feedback if that helped the Drivers which had problems with the first official release!

- Added a "Show Gaps in secoonds" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
    This will show the Gaps in time instead of distance.
    Friendly Note: This isn't accurate at a beginning of a Race as there is no Laptime or average speed to deal/calculate with.
    It will then calculate with a default average speed of 40m/s which is around 144KMH.
    As soon as there is a time set it prioritizes/calculates in this order:
    Best Laptime Leader Class -> Best Laptime Leader -> Best Laptime Self
    I will try to grep the Leaderbord data for each Class in the Race for calculations until a round is set, soon...

- Added a "Show in all Sessions" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
    This enables the Relative Widget in all Sessions (Practice/Qualy/Race) instead of Race only
    In Practice/Qualy it will not show Drivers in the Pits.
    Also in Practice/Qualy it will Show the names in 3 different colors:
    White (On outlap) / Green (On valid Lap) / Red (On Invalid Lap)
    The Playername itself stays same Color
    This should make it easier to be aware if the Drivers around you are on a HotLap, or not, and you/him should let pass safely so you/him can finish his lap without interference.
    In Race Session the Colors are as usual

- Added a new "Clock" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
    It is just a small Clock to show your local Real-Life time
    It was requested somewhere in the original Thread if i remeber correctly

----------
    - Added a "Show Sectors as time" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
    Instead of having just small bars to show if your sector was quick, it now shows you the "Individual" Sector time for each Sector as a number
    The Background comes in 4 different colors
    Gray (Normal Time) / Green (Personal Best) / Purple (Best of all Drivers on Server)
    As a gimme i added a 4th color possibility: ClassColor (Best In Class) the time will have the background of the Class your currently running in, which is the same color as in the Relative Widget and the Position Bar for your Class
    The Sectors will stay visible for 400m after you crossed the Finish Line so you can actually see if your last Round was good

- Added a "Last Lap" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
    This will enable the Display of your Last Lap, it also comes in 4 different colors
    Gray (Normal) / Green (Personal Best) / Purple (Best of all Drivers on Server) and of course the ClassColor (Best In Class)
    The Lap Time will also stay visible for 400m after you crossed the Finish Line

- Added a "Show Car Names" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
    When enabled it will show the Car Names for all Drivers in the Widget and the Names of the Drivers will be shorter with Initials to fit the Car name and dont make the Relative Widget insane big

- Added a "Show Pit-Status in Race" function to the Relatie Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
    This will add a column on the right side of the Relative Widget, only in Race Session.
    It shows the Status of the Driver in 2 colors and a number of already done Pit-Stops
    Gray (On track) / Red (In Pits)

- Changed behaviour of the Starting Lights
    The Starting Lights will now turn Green again when the Race starts and will automatic hide 3 seconds later, instead of disappearing without showing Green, for better immersion

- Added the ability to Move/Resize to more Widgets
    Yes still not all Widgets can be "previewed" so you need to trigger them actually, so you can Move/Resize them, but almost all Widgets are now customizeable, enjoy
    Settings Menu layout changed
    It got a bit high so i decided to make it wider to fit all the new options into it.
    Also rearranged the the Order of the Widgets, more important Widgets are now on the top, looks a lot better this way Imo

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    Last edited: May 22, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  2. Zziggy

Zziggy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Great, thank you! I hope this will work as Simhub (beta) and Zeroforce Hud are not working for me.I will test it in the evening!

3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 0
    I just have to past the URL in de properties from raceroom in steam?
    I've githud already installen ofcourse

4. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Possible to get it working locally, instead of relying on an internet-page which may be deprecated in the future?

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 0
    I copy this in the properties of raceroom in steam
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otternas3.github.io/r3ewebhud
    Starting the dash before raceroom and the overlay is in the game

6. Zziggy

Zziggy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Working very well, thanks again!

7. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    You misunderstand me. :)
    I meant, some sort of, like this:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://localhost/r3ewebhud

(accessing the webhud locally on your computer instead of the internet).
    I do not want to risk the website being down when starting a big race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 0
    Is it possible to create a blinking (or something) pit limiter, when it's on?

9. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    It should not be a problem to download and use it local or on a webhoster of your choice, all needed files are available on GitHub.
    If you need the source files i could upload them ofcourse.

Exactly!

If you use CrewChief aswell, the new update has the dash.exe included, you can enable the option to run it in the settings of CrewChief. If you do so, no need to run the dash.exe anymore.

Normally the cockpit's do show a pitlimiter indicator, i guess your running Hood-Cam or something?
    What kind of blinking, just a box or one of the existing widgets?

10. Goffik

Goffik Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I believe he means some kind of notification that you have your pit limiter turned on. Right now, you see the pit speed warning and your current speed, but no indication of whether your limiter is actually enabled or not. This would be useful, since any mistake pressing the button results in a drive-through penalty which can really ruin your race.

Edit: Thanks for adding all the tyre temps, by the way. Much needed feature! :)

11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    In most cars (or most of the modern ones anyways, dont really drive the old stuff except for group c) you do have an indication when running in cockpit view. If the limiter is on the shift lights are blinking, if its off theyre not.

12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    I'm by no means good with these TypeScript and stylesheet stuff but i look if i can implement a Pitlimiter notification somehow in the next days. It will be done but could take some time ^^

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Goffik

Goffik Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Yes I know that, but there is no HUD notification. That is what the poster is asking for. I've seen it asked for elsewhere too, so we're not the only ones that would like this feature. I'd love to do it myself but have no idea how and simply don't have the time to learn right now.

14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I know the two things are not the same.
    But with you stating there is no indication whatsoever and me not knowing whether you and jos know about this possibility i thought id throw it out there.
    And while still not a notification you can find the option to see it in the hud settings so its a hud something at least ;)

15. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Hey guys,

i modified the MoTec display to show current Pit-Limiter status.
    You can enable/disable this function in the settings of the MoTec widget.
    You can see it in action in the Video from the first Post [NO-CLICKBAIT]

Hope this helps,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  16. Zziggy

Zziggy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Works great, only a "black box" appears on the left side in the middle, with a fine red line and a fine yellow line in it. I don´t know if you know this issue, but I can make a screenshot when I´m at home. Don´t know how to make this disappear. Just a small issue.

17. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    I guess you activated the FFB-Meter somehow.
    If so, this has nothing todo with the WebHud itself, it is a RaceRoom option for a long time.
    Have a look in the Options of RaceRoom Keybindings, there is a key for the FFB-Meter, which shows you the actual Force Feedback strength in a graph. I dont know the default key bind for it. Just hit that key once and it should disappear :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zziggy

Zziggy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I thought so! ;) I remember I once tried to get the system to show me the frame rates, so maybe I activated the wrong thing! Thanks!

19. Zziggy

Zziggy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Please forgive me for being such a dummy, but where is the "current lap" displayed (apart from the steering wheel)? I see it is chosen on your video but I can´s seem to see it!:(

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    The actual current lap time or lap count?
    Lap time (if valid) is shown left side below the position bar, in my video there is a -:--.--- as i wasn't on a valid lap at that point
    A driven laps counter is not displayed at all in the WebHud.
    If you are in a Race which is Time based, the actual remaining time is shown on the right side below the position bar.
    It will show Lap-Count, 3/30 as example, if the Race is a Round based one.

• Like Like x 1