HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Added Tyre-Pressure to the Tires widget.
    You can toggle between kPa (kilo Pascal) or PSI (Pound-force per square inch) in the settings for the Tire widget.
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Someone requested to show Miles per Hour (MPH) instead of Kilometers per Hour (KMH)
    Added a MoTec option to enable/disable the use of MPH.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much!

I have a suggestion myself. Is it possible to have the "Relative" app show the distance as a time difference, instead of the actual distance in meters?

4. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi OtterNas3,
    I am excited about the changes in the Oveerlay.
    What I would still like to see is the brake temperature still displayed. I also find it better to display the time intervals in the relative distance display than to display the distance in meters

5. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    But the time difference you already see in the position bar. Also it would make no sense to display the distance to lapped cars in seconds.

6. fatporkkid

fatporkkid New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I installed and everything is working but it seems to be causing my game to alt tab or something. Game is still running, car is still driving on track but it goes to desktop. Also can't seem to join races on Sim Racing System with the steam launch option populated. It launches the game but doesn't launch the room to race. It does work when I delete the line from the launch option and not run the the dash.exe.

7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It is actually really hard to show "correct" distances in seconds to Cars ahead/behind, cause it all depends on speed and laptimes they/you can do, especially in Multi-Class, with different speeds and such.
    But i will have look in to it, no promises!
    For the Brake temperatures in numbers, it is possible, but would make the Tire-Widget even bigger as it already is.
    I could try out how it looks, and make it a option in the widget to turn on/off maybe.

The WebHud itself should not lead to Alt-Tab out of the game, and for SRS you could add the launch pramaters in your launch options on the SRS page itself. As noted in the HowTo of SRS you can't have any launch options in steam itself.
    Add them here on the SRS page:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moo,
    Otter

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't always have the position bar active because I find it a bit obtrusive. Also, unless I'm mistaken (which I might be actually), the Relative app shows your distance to the cars around you regardless of what lap they are on. So if you're 10m ahead of a lapped driver it will show 10m, not 10m + distance of a whole lap. I'll have to check that. :confused:

Showing the gap in meters is what makes little sense because physical distance is somewhat meaningless in racing. I want to know how my relative distance to other cars is changing, which is impossible to tell with physical distance since it changes dramatically every time we brake/accelerate.

Indeed, if implemented then please make it an option. The tyre app is big enough, and I personally don't need to know the exact temp of my brakes in numbers.

9. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Exactly!
    The Position Bar shows the gap to the Driver ahead/behind of you depending on actual Position in the Standings.
    The Relative app shows the gap to the Driver ahead/behind of you depending to the Position on the Track.

• Like Like x 1
  10. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Nice. Thank you.

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    New version 1.04
    See changelog on first Post at the bottom

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate, great job!

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This HUD is great, thank you for your work and for sharing.

As VR user it is a bit hard to read the speed below the gear, as it is coloured in dark grey. Would it be possible to take a brighter colour like light grey, light blue etc. for it?

14. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much! Is it possible to include also invalid laps for the delta time calculation? I´m asking this because sometimes for a bad "driver" like me it takes some time until a valid lap is recorded to compare to.
    Also nice to have would be a sector time table, altough i´m not sure if it would be readable:
    ............ S1 S2 S3
    Session Best
    Player Best
    Current Lap

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    For some reason never read the beginning of this thread or maybe did in the very early stages but cant remember it :D
    Either way theres quite a few things in here that make this worth giving it a go so i will tomorrow. Ill let you know if i notice improved performance

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The trouble with this is that you could quite easily cut the track badly and end up with a comparison time that is literally impossible to beat with a clean, valid lap. That would render the delta app pretty useless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I understand. But maybe it is possible to use the best opponent (AI or human) as the delta reference as long as there is no player lap available?

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but you only need one clean lap to start the delta working. Just take it easy for one lap, then work on pushing to better your time. For me personally, the delta being my own best lap time is important because that's what helps me see where I need to improve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Got to try it today already and looks and works great if only it wouldnt hurt performance :D its a little better than the sector3 sample but not good enough to keep using it unfortunately. Tried the first lap with 19 ai around motegi without any webhud, with sector3s and with yours. Without any i had ~50fps throughout the lap, with sector3s ~35fps with a couple drops far below that and with yours ~40fps in case you can do anything with that information.
    Other than that nice job and if i had a more high end pc id quite enjoy your version :)

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I still have performance issues same as the original release, when using AI on track as well fps takes a large hit, on average 20/30fps also it doesn't run smooth as silk, it's not stuttering but you can see it's not smooth.