HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like something went wrong there.
    If your > 400m into a new round, the bars (or background for the text version) of the sectors should go black, and then only show a background color for each sector you completed calculated by the actual time you did.
    There is no "estimated sector time" or such implemented.

I will have a look at it! Was it only in Race session or in Practice/Qualy aswell?

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Definitely in practice and qualy, but I don't know about the race as I have the delta hidden in that session.

3. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I observed now again the behaviour of the delta bar during SP races: if I have all Delta Bar option checked exept hide in race, I get the difference to my own best laptime displayed, only with reversed plus and minus than usual, and not the time to the next. I hope you can replicate this!

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I will be home again on Friday and will have a look at it then.
    Not Schduled Work in another City, sorry for the delay

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
  5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.06
    See changelog on the bottom of the first post for more information

Finally Home and so done, but still, need to fix dat!
    Was working on more stuff which has to wait until the next release then

Just the finished stuff made it into this one and some small fixes for the Delta Widget (Sector colors & Delta +- voodoo ^^)
    For the trouble i added a gimme: New Radar design, think you will like it, see Spoiler on the top of the first post ;)

Sneak stuff for the next release:
    • Low-Performance mode, which can be toggled in the settings on the fly so you can lower the usage if you need to.
    • SimHub Widget integration, not the clonky style with fullscreen blyat, you will be able to resize and move them to your liking (3 Widgets for the start, settings page gets full :D)
    • A "Show all Widgets" option to enable the preview of all Widgets so you can Move/Size them to your liking and no more "In the heat suprises, damn i cant see where he.... *eeeeeek-smash* thanks Widget..."
    • Race Info Widget will get a overhaul to display "needed" stuff instead of double-trouble messages which you cant disable from the ingame Hud (This has no preference for now)
    And some other stuff again.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  6. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ummmm... the link in the OP seems to be broken...

And thanks for this - cant wait to try it out !!!

7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed it now, a bit late but...
    Something went wrong on the GitHub commit, it did upload the files and then seems it deleted them again, why? No f.. clue!

BTW depending that topic, i just had some more tests and the problem is the data loss when you hit ESC to pause the game or to go to your pits.
    Everytime you do that, the Game closes the webpage completely and destroys all stored data in memory, thats why the Delta is goin crazy all the time :(

Nothing much i can do there other then making a file based system somehow.

I dont really get the point why they need to close it instead of hiding it.
    Hiding would have the benefit that the loading also would be a lot faster when you hit "Drive"
    And the Data would still be there...

So if it happens, i'm sorry but nothin much for me to do there atm.
    I will try to figure something out, but would be painful :/

Time to send the devs a message ^^

Moo,
    Otter

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think i found a workaround for the Delta Widget, lemme know if the issue still occurs!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Ah, now that would indeed explain it. It's an odd way of working things, especially since most of the delta widget's functions were in S3's own version of the WebHUD. Strange that they would add a feature they know won't work unless you sit on the track for the entire session! o_O

Thanks for looking into it mate, though if it does turn out to be a lot of work then please don't worry about it. It's not that important really. I probably wouldn't have even noticed the issue if I hadn't been on a track I know I was terrible at! I've got another race tomorrow so will see if your workaround is working then.

Loving your work so far!

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The low performance mode in the next release, what is it actually doing?

11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hi Otter, works wonderfully! :) Just two tiny remarks for improvements:
    On long tracks it would make more sense it the sector times are displayed with m:ss,000. So better 3:06 then 186, it´s easier readable I think.
    The other thing, when you after the outlap you have an invalid lap, then on the third lap after the start/finish line the black bar for sector times appears with nothing in it, which makes no sense. Better display this one only when there is something to display or only together with the delta bar.
    Thanks again!

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Probably lowering the rate at which the's game's data is being polled/updated, which means it will use less resources.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3, any time you have an update we have to do nothing?
    The link wil be the same?

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Correct. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    S3's version work on present data, Sector Times only are your "best" if the laptime was your fastest.
    While mine stores the data for longer period so you can catch the individual sector also for laps that wasn't the users fastest laptime all together.
    As long as you dont collect data to make the comparison a bit more efficient it is fine.

Thats why you would not be able to make a list of LapTime combined with Fuel usage to show really detailed information about it, as soon as you jump into the Car, everytime you press ESC in SP or going to the Menu - *poof* ^^
    You can see that behaviour for the average fuel, in the Cars dashboard, everytime you leave and rejoin the track it resets to the default value and the data you collected from driving is only displayed as long as your in the car

For now i'm using stored Sector times as long as they are available and fallback to the present ones if the array gets cleared.
    Better then nothn

Exactly it will reduce the updaterate, but not all together, this would make the look and feel of the Pedal/Wheel or the motec display look clunky, instead it will reduce the update rate for specific tasks, like relative or the position bar and other stuff that dont need to be smooth and updated that often

Yeah will do that, specially on track like Nordschleife your right, the distances can get quite 'painful' ^^
    For the Delta, yeah will do that in the next, was working on it but did not find a good way to get it reliable detecting failed laps.
    Specially in races without penaltys, you wont have any.

Yes Sir! I can change the link everytime i do a update if your boored? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. BasicBlaq

BasicBlaq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My webhud doesn't look like this do I have to uninstall /reinstall the webhud for me to get the current version. Is there a way for me to confirm the version I currently have installed

17. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    That pic is from a older version of mine, the Dash on the top left was not part of this hud at all ;)
    Look at the first post on the top is a SPOILER button, actual images inside there.
    The Install instructions are also in the first post.
    If you use my webhud url you dont have to reinstall anything when i make a update.
    It will load it straight away next time you fire your engine up!

18. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 doing a great job. Thanks for all the hard effort it's coming along nicely :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Yes, @OtterNas3 great work.

Any chance to make all the numbers in the tyre app individual options, so we can choose which data to display?
    Personally i find it to be a bit overkill atm.

Or alternatively a more minimalistic tyre app, similar to the one in the RR mini hud.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Already did that in the next version, so you can select for each option what to enable/disable

Pit-Timer is done btw, it shows remaining time now and i made the Pit-Window box a option aswell, as i found it quite annoying to have it visible 2 times.

Mouse-Hover zone for visibility and settings icons will be the next thing i'm looking into.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 4