Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Is that when it appears as Crew Chief is speaking, or when you activate all widgets to adjust their positions? If it's the latter, then it shows N Lauda for everybody. Wait until CC actually speaks, and see what name it shows then.

2. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Never mind, I realised that I did something wrong.

3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    N. Lauda is only shown when you have the "Show All Widgets Mode" enabled.
    As soon as you are happy with your Layout and disable the mode, it should show your correct Name

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Oh and a additional Info to v1.12

If you by accident, or on purpose, "pause" the UI and wondering why the HUD is not updating the data anymore,
    there is now a warning message shown that the UI is actually paused...

• Like Like x 7
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Mate, you know S3 are hiring right? I vote you apply for HUD Developer. If they'd had you from the start, maybe we wouldn't have had to wait all these years for a decent one! :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hey @OtterNas3

Tower for @Georg Ortner seems in a usable state (at last).

Code Changes

In app.tsx, add the new import
    Code:
    import TvTower from '../tvTower/tvTower';
    In app.tsx again, add the new widget settings reference:
    Code:
    tvTower: {
                id: 'tvTower',
                enabled: true,
                zoom: 1,
                name: __('TV Tower'),
                subSettings: {
                showLongNames: {
                    text: __('Long Driver Names'),
                    enabled: false
                }},
    New Widget Folder
    Attached is the widget folder (tvTower.zip) to add into /src/components/

New Image Assets
    Attached is the image assets (images.zip) to add into /src/img/

Let me know if you have any issues.

Scout.

Attached Files:

7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And a few other lines so it can be moved/sized and saved, i guess ;)

On it...
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
  8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    After some hassle with incompatiblity and bugs, i managed to get a version running with @Scout his TVTower Widget
    If you like to try it you can do with this start parameter:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otternas3.github.io/developing/

Keep in mind, that the design could change in this version until the next release candidate of the OtterHud.
    When this happens the developing version will get deleted!

Your Layouts you store in this developing version will not get transfered to the normal version, so they will be different!

Be aware of 2 new Hotkeys which are implemented in this version!

SHIFT + UPARROW
    This is a Hotkey which toggles the visibility of the Widgets, same like the "Eye" button on the left does.
    If you want to make screenshots as example, use the Hotkey to make the current Layout invisible, take your Picture, use Hotkey again to make your current Layout visible again.

SHIFT + DOWNARROW (CAUTION!)
    This Hotkey will reset your current Layout to default values

If you find any Bugs, or having ideas for design changes on the Tower, please let me or @Scout know.

It will be integrated into the next release of the OtterHud, this was just a quick developing version, so @Georg Ortner can use it on Sundays Race.

Enjoy,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
  9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Would this be present in the latest Crewchief version (I don't use Dash)? Also, can't seem to find a widget for the 'Current Lap /Laps remaining', is there one? I might be blind :O Though I see it in the car's HUD.

10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    This HUD is not a part of CrewChief.
    CrewChief only provides the additional function, to run the data feeder inside of CrewChief, so you dont have to run the dash.exe anymore.
    All Instructions are in the first post "How to use it?" spoiler

Current-Lap/Remaining-Laps is shown on the left side under the Postion-Bar, as long as the Race is Round based.
    If it is Time based there is a additional "Completed Laps" info box you could enable for the Position-Bar, but there is no such thing like a "Laps remaining" on time based Races, as this would change on a lot of variables.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I was referring to the TV Tower Widget above, if it would be available already in the latest version w/o using Dash.

Missed that, should have been obvious (my Position Bar size was bit too big, it put the Current Lap off-screen). Upon testing, I found it appears on the 'extreme right' side under the Position Bar (the Current Position' is the one on the left). Is it possible to eventually be able to move this 'Current-Lap/Remaining-Laps' (and 'Current Position') separately? Not urgent, just a preference. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    If u use the developing version of the HUD, yes CrewChief can handle it like the normal version.

I not planned to make them seperately moveable, as this would require to put each in a seperate Widget.

Moo,
    Otter

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I found anything on how to use the developing version in the OP, but so to use the TV Tower other than through the dev version, I'll need to run Dash?

If not separate, a way to make these two placed more inwards, as I need to increase the size of the Position Bar, but doing so moves these two widgets off-screen already. This is in VR only, BTW, where the HUD window is quite restricted. Or perhaps, is there a way to stretch the HUD (left/right/up/down) window?

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...additional-features.13152/page-14#post-181705

You just need to change the startup parameter, to use the developing version.

Why you need to increase the size? Increasing size would make the position bar left/right ends also go off-screen.
    Can you provide a screenshot maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    To be able to read it in VR. R3E's hud in VR is just a 16:9 "window" hanging in front of you, and reading the text can be very difficult. One workaround is to move the HUD "away" in virtual space which make it bigger but ends up covering too much area. Another workaround is to over-size the widgets that use text individually, allowing you to read it though obviously losing some info off the side of the "window".

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Right, it would cause the ends of the Pos.Bar to go off-screen. I think it's the HUD window's dimensions that I'd need to be increased. Don't know if this is possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It would be great to be able to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    To clarify, how would you do this... with the 'VR centering button', with the HMD forward?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So the biggest problem is the size/readability of the position Bar?

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For me, quite. If only I can increase the size a bit while keeping the 2 widgets at the extreme sides still within the screen. (Suggestion, maybe just put those at the extreme sides beside each other... or perhaps with some space between them, if they can’t be separated). It would be fine even to cut some drivers at the extremes of the Pos.Bar since I tend to look anyway only at those close to my car, like within 3 to 5 max cars. Thinking maybe the Pos Bar may not even be necessary as I think the Relative table would be enough, although the other widgets would still be nice (ie. Current Pos, Lap, Total Laps, Session Time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.