Dashboard/Telemetry on 4th monitor?

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by ElNino, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Is there any app for windows that will display car telemetry data, similar to how dashmeterpro does for android devices but not over wifi, rather all within the same PC?

example - I have 3 monitors in an eyefinity group, and a 4th monitor as 2nd desktop that sits under the 3 monitors. I want to run this hypothetical app on the 4th monitor, showing dashboard type data, and have R3E on the eyefinity triple monitors. Does any such windows app exist that supports R3E?

I am now using the 4th monitor for ETS2 dashboard, so if I could put it to use for R3E, that would be great.

2. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Have you tried http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php?id=dashboard? I've only used it once or twice myself, but it seems to work fairly well. I've used it via wifi on my tablet, but according to the developer it should work on the same desktop on a second (or 3rd or 4th) monitor as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Tiago i will check that out!

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    worked! now to setup a more useful dashboard page....BY the way to get the app working on a local monitor, just start the app on the monitor, then just click on the URL that shows in the app screen and a browser will open where you select your dash. Very simple, no setup required.
    [​IMG]

and here's the ETS2 setup (native app, no 3rd party telemetry)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    There's also this: http://www.z1simwheel.com/dashboard/index.cfm

I tried the demo some time ago but I went with DashMeterPro for my needs.

FYI, your mileage may vary but when using a 4th Windows monitor I had various GUI problems in pCARS, AC, and R3E - various elements not opening on the center screen (nVidia surround 5860x1080) or incorrectly scaled objects. I don't bother with the 4th screen anymore, using an Android tablet for DMP works best for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Glad I could help :)

7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Reviving this one as I am interested in adding some form of tachometer/shift light/gear indicator.

I originally wanted the SRH Monsta, but then thought it might clash with older cars. This lead me to a basic digital gear indicator. However, many seem to be recommending the Z1. I like the idea of being able to adjust the look of the tach based on the type of car and could see mapping a steering wheel button to toggle this.

Does anyone have any further comments or experience with the Z1? Does R3E export enough data for it to function properly?