Question Data Displays Questions, Suggestions, Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So today's patch came with a huge update to the data displays. Now nearly every car has a working new multi-page data display. (Click here for a brief introduction to the multi-page feature.)

As mentioned in the patch notes, some cars will not feature a 3D display on the dashboard itself but only in the HUD full data display (hotkey "7" to cycle through the HUD display modes). This mainly applies to some classic cars which didn't have such displays in real life.

This thread is intended as a place to collect any questions that arise regarding the functionality of the new displays. Feel free to post any question related to the new data displays and we'll try to answer them to the best of our knowledge.

There are still a few minor issues with some displays that we are aware of and have reported. Those will of course be fixed asap. Nevertheless, you are also invited to post any issues, errors or inconsistencies you encounter with the new displays in this thread too, ideally with a screenshot of the issue attached.

Have fun with the new displays, which I think are brilliant and a huge step in the right direction.

Best regards

Christian

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I have weird square in middle of a screen that changes colors in onboard cam in FR3 (the one above driver's head on Home button), at least in replay. Will check if this happens with other cars later, can post screenshot if you need.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's one of the things one of my fellow testers found very briefly before the update. For us it only affects one action camera tho, the one that sits above the drivers head, is it the same for you?
    Like this:
    Unbenannt.JPG
    We've forwarded that and it's being investigated as we speak, but it looks like it is indeed related to the new data display.
    Nice find tho, keep em coming.

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yup, exactly that one

• Like Like x 1
  5. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I looked the new Data Displays on all my cars and found some mistakes.

20170601222624_1.jpg
    635csi two colors and behind the display a blue surface.

20170601195021_1.jpg
    RUF & Radical 2x lap time

20170601193913_1.jpg 20170601193917_1.jpg
    TT RS VLN on 2 pages the remaining time doesn't change to the real time or remaining laps

Two suggestions:

• Please let us move the displays on the right side, e.g. in the center and we can toggle up and down so we can focus on the street
    • The displays are a little to small, e.g. you can't read the display of KTM
    20170601194536_1.jpg

Off Topic:

Add an option for switching off the low fuel and cut track indications or remove them from the virtuell mirror - that's such a game breaker! You can see the cut track warning on the left side that's enough and the fuel warning in the displays. I don't understand why the fuel warning was added to the screen.
    20170601193227_1.jpg

But overall, you make a great job! Love the game!

Regards
    Seb

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nice, thanks for your report and suggestions, Seb.
    You did find some things that we hadn't till now and I will add them to our bugtracker.
    Those messages were added before they introduced the data displays and the flag icons. I agree they are now kinda redundant and could be removed or made optional. I'll forward that request.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Don't know if it is related to the update, but I just noticed that the rev meter (digital bar) in the McLaren Mercedes SLR (German Nationals) is not working (any more ?)
    I don't use the car that often, so I'm not sure it has ever worked.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Finally.
    I had that feeling that something was missing on my list, but I couldn't pin it down...now I know. :D
    Indeed, the SLRs displays are a bit of a mess atm it seems.
    Thanks for for the hint.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there's more to this...

It seems something went wrong in todays hotfix which broke all MoTec CDL3 displays. :/
    Sorry for this guys, will get sorted asap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    After today's update, many data display with errors.
    the gear light led lamps always on. So you can not really drive why is not tested before?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    See above, that's the MoTec CDL3 display I was talking about. Sadly it is used in quite a number of cars.

I feel a bit guilty here, cause I submitted some minor bug regarding the CDL3 this morning, which they tried to hotfix right away.
    Apparently that didn't go well... :oops:

11. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Hello Christian,
    sorry did not read your info above, hope the error is fixed quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, hope so too. Maybe they can revert it to the previous version for the time being...
    I've forwarded this new issue, that's all I can do for now. Just bad timing for sth like this to happen, weekend and all that...

13. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    only that I understand correctly this display also has a bug or ?
    tire temperature / tire wear does not work

Attached Files:

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh my...
    Yea, that's the '2D BigDash' display and that one's broken too.
    Something went awefully wrong with these today.
    Thanks for letting me know, I will forward your report. If you find any more, don't hesitate posting them here.

Sorry again guys. (At least with this one I don't have to feel guilty, didn't report anything related to it.)

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    If you need more beta testers take him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    He seems like a thorough guy, so if you can tell me where he lives I'll send the black van that'll take him to our tester dungeon immediately. ;)

Jokes aside, everybody has to decide for themselves if they want to become a tester. People interested in that have to be aware that it does involve giving up a fair share of your free time to test the things that need testing. And most of the time that's pretty boring, repetitive business, except for when we have MP sessions with the devs and kick their butts. ^^

@ sbXII, if you would like to become a tester and are willing and able to sacrifice some time on a regular basis, feel free to send a short application to Sonat Ozturk.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    The third data display also has a bug, only for information

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, just found that one too, but thanks for reporting anyway. ;)
    Seems something about those temperature and wear readings doesn't work the way it should anymore. I'm a bit stumped by this to be honest, yesterday those were all ok (except some really minor things).

The same applies for you, Christoph.

19. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Probably track related but on the Nordschleife I do not see a delta time outside the GP track. Tested with the M6.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Was about to try and reproduce that. Which layout did you try, 24h or VLN?
    Have you tried the Nordschleife only layout already? Does it show a delta there or none at all?

EDIT: Just tried the Nordschleife only layout, that one works. So it has to do with the switch from GP to Nords....

Sorry guys, can't repro this one, it worked on the 24h layout for me as well:
    2017-06-02 2359 0001.jpg

So if there's any specific conditions that have to be met (like a certain game mode or alike), let us know so we know what to look for.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017