Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Firstly, I couldn´t decide which one. And then I saw that I could save more than 50% (54 to be exact) by buying the liveries seperately so I couldn´t resist (against better knowing).

• Like Like x 1
  2. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I buy all liveries so that I can run a full grid of the same class in single player races.

3. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In singleplayer, AI cars can race with liveries you don't own. Only you can't have not owned livery on your car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    But isn´t there an issue that you can only challenge for leaderboards if you own the livery the person-you-want-to-challenge drove?

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Reasons...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Well, b%&$£y h£$% I didn't know that LOL.

Still, I've got a nice collection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt neccessarily apply to the rsr as there the liveries really are very similar but in general i like to have at least a few different liveries. Especially with stuff like gt3 it just feels wrong to drive around bathurst with a nürburgring livery and so on for all kinds of series. On top of that i just feel that aesthetically some liveries fit some circuits better than others so its nice to have a few to choose from

• Like Like x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Okay well i actually posted about this at the start of the year so if its only really been looked into mid June well at least there is now hope :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    It has already been 2 months after the launch of the Daytona track, unfortunately there are very few people willing to race on this track. I watched different Leagues, and there were very few races and pilots there.
    As I understand it, the Oval configuration is just a bonus. Can Oval make Free for everyone?
    I am sure there will be a lot of people who want to go to publics, and it will be easier to recruit pilots for the race. More pilots are needed for the oval ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    This is the normal case for newer tracks. There are many people who don't buy new stuff at release. And there is also summer now. So many people prefer to do outside activities, or are on holiday. Wait for autumn and the player numbers will rise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BRC19

BRC19 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The US Raceroom group has a Daytona race scheduled August 11 21:00 EDT (August 12 01:00 UTC). Multiclass P2/GTR3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Also Rennsimulanten will hold a Race @ Daytona on Friday August 14th 20.00 MEST:[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I truly love the Daytona track and its inclusion in R3E but there is one glaring discrepancy with the track layout that I am curious about. Why is there no grass area between the pits and the main "straight"? I have been there many times and do not remember a time where it was concrete or tarmac all the way from the pit wall to the stands. The photo a couple post above shows the Daytona I know with the grass and the name. Is there a reason why the track in game is so different visually?

EDIT: I have been assured that I am mistaken. I am not sure what I have been seeing that brought me to this conclusion but I will really pay attention the next time I can log in.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Either i dont quite get what exactly you mean or our versions of daytona look different :D
    This is how it looks to me in game and how id expect it to look based on what i usually see on tv watching the 24h

Attached Files:

17. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Yea looks like everything is there...

RaceRoom Racing Experience 13.08.2020 18_13_45.png

What does it look like for you/what do you mean exactly ? @RampageRacing

18. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm that is weird. I am going to have to take another look. From what I remember of the track when I am exiting the pits on the Oval there is only pavement to the right side of the car. The Oval is what I have run recently. Maybe that is an Oval only thing and they just did not bother to finish it or I am seeing it totally wrong. I apologize for the confusion either way.

19. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Ah oval... My pic is from the road layout btw...

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    The big area with grass is there on the oval as well
    But if you talk about the pit exit as in end of the pitlane (oval pit lane thatd be) then there is a stretch where theres only asphalt between pitlane(exit) and race track but thats the same in real life as well (see photo from last years 24h)

Attached Files: