Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. jamuddin

jamuddin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This update should be called December headache there is no controller profile for simucube 1 osw wheels and the ffb feels like you are floating no road texture cant even feel curbs what's all this fake hype about? Can you give good settings to simucube user? and make a controller profile for simucube user to !!!

2. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Did you delete your old controller profile? I can definitely feel the curbs. I would love to see actual profiles for our wheels though.

3. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    He did a live youtube video today, showing/explaining the settings he is using for the new update. Just skip though the video you will find the settings. There is a link to the video below.

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    This update is on a whole new level.The physics and FFB feels spot on. Wow!

• Like Like x 2
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Just keep hitting the escape key. That will take you back to the race,,,, eventually:rolleyes:

6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Incredible stuff. I think it's not understated to say this is a big step forward for raceroom in total. This great feeling for the car and how the load is balancing back and forth and sidewards. Very very very good!

All issues I had are gone now. I believe the problem was the server as so many people have been in-game when the update was released.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Amazing update; I can’t believe the ffb feeling when you lock up a front wheel and the weight transfer feeling is now perfect with my Fanatec 2.5 base

The ai is a huge step forward and with a bit more tweaking it will without doubt be the best in the market..... actually it already is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    After playing with the new patch yesterday I must say that I really love the new tyres sound, especially the squek when tyres breaks traction. Pulling out of pits at full throttle never felt soo good. I think R3E is the first sim that got this sound right. :)

I also had my first experience with the flatspot simulation, and I love it. For me it feels real and done just right. I was racing DTM 2016 and had lock-up when trying to overtake an opponent, the typical kind you see in these kind of situations even IRL.
    After that I could feel a mild flat spot, small vibrations, but nothing intrusive.. I just a needed to be mindfull during braking to not lock that tyre any more and make the situation worse.
    In some sims I have the feeling that once you develop even the tiniest of flatspot, your stint is pretty much done.

Also looking at tyres condition I have the feeling that the tyre life is much more dynamic that it was before.

I also love that in the setup screen you can see highest tyres temps and pressures for particual laps. I find this super usefull, and every sim should have it. Having to open telemetry to get such basic information is super annoying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. swigaffu

swigaffu New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely great update. I'm very stunned.
    So much news without notice.
    Others have been talking about a new UI for months, R3E brings it to the Sim as a surprise.
    I love such things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    For years ;), but thats another story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    in some categories (wtcr dtm16) setups are not saved, they are in the folder but are not seen in the game menu

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  13. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I have to second that - a also own a Cayman and drove the GT4 and the 911 GT3 RS on Track days. before the update weight transfer and stiffness of the suspension felt way to soft. Now we got a huge step closer to the real deal.

It has to be kept in mind when discussing a the classification of the FFB update as a progression or regression of the FFB that what we got is way more realistic and gets you closer to what you feel through the wheel an the pedals in the real cars. With some FFB-tweaking - esp. with the "Steering Force Intensity" and the "Understeer" settings - you get the GT4 really close to the way the chassis and the suspension feels in the real car, which is quite an achievement.

It has to be kept in mind that this is a Simulation and therefor aims to be realistic. Of course FFB is a highly subjective matter, but what we've got now is - with the right settings - imho way closer to reality than rfactor 2. Rf2 might be very sophisticated in the way it distributes information to the user, but that doesn't mean, that it's realistic.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    26:50
    Think you might wanna have a look at this :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Already being investigated, but looks like some kind of diving glitch.

17. RicardoBR

RicardoBR New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The Devs did a wonderful job! I could finally test the new update yesterday and I got amazed by how the car feels. I tried the F-Junior and LOVED the new damage model (I've ruined the suspension by going off the track - and found it amazing!)

Congratulations to everyone! This update is HUGE step forward.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I just have started to be able to move again after I got completely stunned by this update that brings terminology like "revolutionary" and " "glorious" to my mind. Whether it be the new physics, the new damage model (love that suspension...), the superb and most excellent FFB (that worked out of the box for me without needing to change anything), the touring cars physicsa beign updated finally, the new cars and track, or the unexpected progression of dynamic daylight - its a lifting of Raceroom onto a new level, imo. Who still argues that Raceroom is more game than sim and is not really on same eye level with AC, AMS, rF2 and the likes, simply does not know it well enough. This is definitely one of the most serious heavy-hitters on the market now, I say, and the AI is a blast, the refrence in sim racing.

I almost do not recognise the driving experience anymore with the new FFB and physics. I love it.

Things have gone a long mile for Raceroom. I would not have expected that in early 2015, when I discovered it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    me trying new update

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member