Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Also in this stream, he gets some white screens which only goes away with pressing ESC...i also got this yesterday one single time, while doing a Nordschleife Session with 100 cars (after the stream i wanted to see, if it is specific to just his system, or maybe something in general).

Motion Blur was off, using WebHUD, everything else is cranked up.
    Another one was reporting a black screen, just with standard HUD visible, when standing in the pits.

Specs:
    Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 8 Gb RAM Crucial Ballistix, B350 Chipset, Win 10, Nvidia Driver 441.41, Fanatec CSL Elite, 144Hz Monitor, Vsync off, Gsync through Freesync on, was using the GT2 CS car, i think 3x time acceleration.

EDIT: After a small 58 MB update, the time of day selection is Dawn, Noon etc. again instead of times, is this intentional?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is really exciting end of the year from r3e, this patch is massive overhauling of the sim. Lets to tip what will be next - I bet on day - night transition next year. I think its logical step after dynamic sunlight :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just tried the new update and for me it's a huge dissapointment. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I started from default setup but whatever I change I just don't feel the connection between the car and the track.
    Before I could drive close to the limit because the FFB told me when I was close to that limit. Now I just start spinning or...
    Is there a chance to revert the FFB update?
    Or how do set it up so that it is close to before?
    Thx

• Like Like x 1
  4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Depending on what you were used to it can feel different, but this thread provides a very good guide, first post:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thx, I did read that.
    Not sure why change was needed to what was one of the best things about R3E.
    I just wish there was an option to revert the FFB.
    Right now the game is just unplayable sadly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    A hotfix has recently landed fixing the pause and reset VR position controls amongst other things.

Good stuff, devs. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    But did you do what it suggested?

8. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This big update are good news for sure! Congratulations to Sector 3 for the good job! Now is solve the minor problems step by step do make it even more solid.

I am having a problem with my Logiteh G29... I already load the default controller profile, but I don't know why, the wheel still adjusted to 900°, and drive a GT3 car with 900° is really hard! Any one can give me a hand with this? Before the update I didnt needed to change nothing, automatically adjusted the "steering range" to each car...

9. jamuddin

jamuddin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I buddy yes and it still feels rubbish but I got home from work now and I heard they have a controller profile for simucube

10. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately is not happening with me... Also de FFB is too strange... Dont feel nothing... The road seems completely flat, no connection between steering, car and road... Don't feel the car reactions. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I see so much persons saying the same...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Can you teach me how I do that?

12. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank for the help, but in my Logitech gaming software, the only setting I have are this:

Attached Files:

13. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
  14. jamuddin

jamuddin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a mige st80 9m simucube. which controler profile should I use simucube 1 or simplicity 7nm?

15. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Gratz sector3 superb work:astonished:.
    I like everything this update brought and most of all the suspension work (of art!!),ffb lets me feel all that detail and actually drive intuitively.You've raised the bar very high,now lets brake the 500 players average

16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I have to say the tyre squeal is just sublime and also very clever, it certainly adds emersion to the drive, but if you drive using a 5.1 audio setup there is so much more to them, there are different tones to the front and rear tyres, slight difference to brake and cornering squeal, and you can actually pin point what tyre is taking the heaviest beating at a given time, seriously excellent job to who ever should take the credit, I'm driving to here the noise right now.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Really amazing good update. Only one Problem. Playing with the accuforce v2. Looking at the Input Meter it doesnt match the wheel rotation that was set in the Setup. Eg with the new Porsche gt2 is 486 deg and in my accuforce Profile 900 deg. Before the update the game overrides this like it should be. You drive with 486 deg and everything is fine. Now it stays at 900 deg in the input Meter. Even if you set "steering Option like in setup" in the game menue it doesnt match. Is there a trick i can use. Setting my DOR manuell in the accuforce Profil for every car is no problem but before it was easy - just override and ok.
    Greets Tobi

18. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    There's an issue with my postion bar since the update, showing only one name besides mine. Is this a bug or only my system?
    Thanks.

https://prnt.sc/qam161
    https://prnt.sc/qam161

Edit: sorry i don't know how to display images, but link is above.

19. MatVitaL8

MatVitaL8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    After this great update some GTR3 feel so bad (also the group C ffb is not nice as before). The FFB is awful on R8 LMS Ultra or Mustang GT for example. The more new gt3 feels amazing. For you too?

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    So only in the new Porsche 911 GTR3?