Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Will you reset the laptimes recorded before the update in the Touring Classics leaderboards?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    With your pace, you can also beat the times with the slower new car physics, c'mon :D :D

Did they not reset the whole leaderboard stuff in the first place after the update?^^

3. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I tried but there are still 10 seconds to gain at some places :D.

No, there are many tracks with old laptimes (mainly recorded with the Nissan). Just have a look at Most or Anderstorp (in this case, there is also the problem which occured in the first Touring Classics @ Scandinavian Raceway Grand Prix competition - See the 5th laptime).

• Like Like x 1
  4. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    You're right. But if Sector3 didn't gave us this special update the peak would never be so high on a free weekend.
    So the people like what they see what's new and then give it a try.

And hopefully they will stay.

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Peaks are not so representative, but the averages over a certain time period. By coincidence I had checked the Steam charts as well, last week.

Currently, today, the 30-days player averages are

Assetto Corsa Classic 2379
    Project Cars 2 - 955
    Wreckfest - 650
    Dirt Rally 2 - 630
    Dirt Rally - 552
    Assetto corsa Competizione - 462
    rFactor 2 - 456
    Raceroom - 454

Project cars - 175
    Automobilista - 101
    Nascar Heat 4 - 50
    Nascar Heat 3 - 12
    WRC 4 FIA - 4
    Nascar Heat 2 - 3

AC is off and away, and that hardly is a surprise. That PC2 makes a strong second place in the popularity ranking - that is a surprise to me a bit. And then you have Competizione, rFactor 2 and also Raceroom all with practically the same amount of player popularity. The constant improving of RR in recent years, culminating in its current status, paid off and shows its fruits, the title, having had a rocky start, now definitely plays with the heavy beasts in the same ring, no longer being the underdog, but being a heavy beast itself, too. This also shows in the long-time graph. It has normal fluctuations, but there is a small but noticable tendency upwards all the time since 2015. despite popularity, we lal know the massive improvements of the physics model. Here probably lies the biggest reason why Raceroom gains in all the years.

Wreckfest. Well, its Wreckfest. Terribly flawed development phase, but what we have now is a phoenix that rose from the ashes. Its fun, fun, and fun again. Not more, not less. Great fun. I was angry with it for years. I cannot be angry anymore, it just has turned out to be too good.

That the two rally games score this high, surprises me again. I would have assumed that track-duelling sims would be scoring a clearer popularity over them. WRC 4 obviously is a fail. The Nascar games also do not convince.

Too bad there can be no such numbers on Steam for Gran Turismo Sports. I would be curious to know how it fits into that list. I like it for what it is, and do not expect it to be anything different than what it is. And that is the reason why I like it a very lot.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Imagine how RR might perform, maybe, if the biggets hidnrance of it would be removed: full track and car moddability! I predict it would settle nicely behind Assetto corsa, on rank 2, and leave the others behind. The lacking moddability imho is a big brake for Raceroom. I understand the background and also see the benefits, of moddability, personally I like to have one sim where I must not and cannot fiddle around with mods, and I also see the negatives of moddability - but I know that most players prefer to have moddability. Raceroom would be even more popular with it, than it ever will be without it. This argument will become even more valid if they ever implement a new graphics engine.

Its an old debate, I know. Just mentioning it for the sake of completeness.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Although I agree almost entirely with your previous comment, still not convinced on modding, licensed by all means but not sure I'm onboard with a free for all. Plus I do get the security concerns for S3 but all that said, wouldn't stop me firing up RR for one minute. So I'm I guess in the 'don't really give a Tom Tit either way' camp, so ignore me, convinced myself while faffing about writing this that, what will be will be! Jeez I really should have more important things to be doing! :rolleyes:
    Setting the dogs on carol singers for starters, Yo Ho Ho, Bon Noel and all that!

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I can live without modding, too, in "Condor" and "Steal Beasts Pro" I can see that banning content from the outer rim of the galaxy can have its merits in assuring minimum standards, and preventign cheating. Yes, I understand that. But look at Assetto corsa'S average player numbers - it is popular for one reason in the main now: the immense flood of mods available, some of them of a quality surpassing Kunos default quality. Just toew day ago Fat Alfie released another one of these mega-mods, the sim still attracts modders and players alike. And boy what quality some of these guys put out on the streets!

Imagine this would be available in Raceroom, too, and people would start to mod away. I predict the player numbers would go up steeply with some time delay (the content must be created first, and it must be of quality, and that takes experience that must be collected).

We are lucky that Raceroom has as a factory default such a wonderful collection of quality tracks already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Imo the big difference is that AC has street cars, that adds a whole different client-base, and yes modding is a big aspect of that, but it's just a wider target audience overall. The modding ship has sailed anyway.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Street cars, Ferrari licence and some tracks that are not pure racing circuits, plus the modding aspect and all the apps, cars and tracks that brings.

11. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom Racing Experience should give you an indication why there are no street cars.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to be a smart-ass, by posting the Pagani Zonda R, just to realize, it's a trackday toy for racetracks :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    was rum it is no longer possible to turn the BMW M6 on the spot with full steering angle and full throttle. Not even with TC 0 is it possible

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure TC is off? Because for some time now TC1 is full TC and TC6 is TC off. Some patches ago it was the other way round.

(Ich sehe du bist aus Willich, ich arbeite in Willich :) )

15. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    TC6 off
    Work Karl-Friedrich-Benz.Str.

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But you don't work at Kluth don't you? Neubuschweg here :-D not far away

Btw: can someone answer his question?

17. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, I work at Struers is after the Hans-Martin Schleier-Str.

18. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It's also very cheap. You can get AC and all its DLC for £8.34 in the current sale. That's cheaper than the RaceRoom starter pack. Even when there isn't a sale its cheaper than its rivals. Gamers are price sensitive. Player numbers almost always go up when a game is on sale.

19. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    You can say that again, I don't know how many people I have heard/seen with thousands tied up in sim racing equipment. Fly right off the handle, because they think 50-100-150 dollar game is outlandish.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  20. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Well, when you count, believe me, it will be very small percentage. Everyone is price sensitive, not only gamers :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1