Resolved Dedicated server error

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Beaware, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Hello, application dedicated server does not work : [error : 12:44:44 Registration verification]

[​IMG]

I'm uninstalled and installed again, but still the same error message.

2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    here it says I have to update it...but it is

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    same here.
    10-24-2015 3-49-21 PM.png

I even sent the exe file from here ( that works ) to this server and it doesnt work anymore.
    Deleted , re-installed. Run as admin or not.
    Changed windows users . deleted my document folder ,
    Re-installed Steam. Switched Steam user. Even tried downloading the app fr the steam Db same issue.

Nothing will do.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  4. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    This morning is ok :wink:

5. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Tried today to launch a dedicated server but couldn't.

I checked via steamcmd if the application is up to date and it stated yes. Then launched the "RRRE Dedicated" exe but after trying to register with a unique phrase it send me this error. As I couldn't find any logfiles so far I have just a screenshot to show you.
    upload_2015-11-20_20-55-55.png
    The error happens no matter if I use Firefox or Chrome.
    Any ideas what I could do to solve this issue?

Attached Files:

6. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly this problem currently. The problem is stated as solved so I assume this is a server sided problem and I can't do anything myself, as there are no solutions here...

It is gone now... I forced my router to get a new IP...

7. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I have it on our Rackservice hosted dedicated server again ... I really get mad from this on and on going errors ... after some days the R3E server starts generating more and more errors and if one tries to restart this crap its refusing to work... Realy S3S: get this stuff working better or any new and fine content becomes worthless for us online communities

[​IMG]

When I shut down the command line tool I get this crash report - maybe this helps getting things sorted:

Edit: after explicitly restarting the Dedicated exe with Administrator privileges it suddenly works again ... let's see how long...

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  8. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Trying to restart our server for tonight's league race but I also have this problem:(

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0

Replied to the wrong person @goldtop
    I had this and get this error once in a while, you need to delete the folder on your c:\ \Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Sector3_Studios_AB

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Can someone explain, whats going wrong with the dedicated stuff:

[​IMG]

After getting the R3E dedicated server running again yesterday evening within 24 hours it's again a generator for error messages ... before this errative behaviour is sorted I sadly would have to dump (again) our plans to host a R3E series within my community and this could result in a complete switch over to AC or rF2 ... sadly R3E is loosing support in my community because of this ongoing multiplayer instabilities...

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I have been noticing a few error on our server as well.
    Saturday I was hosting on Amazon ec2 service and suddenly during qual people started to drop eventually I was disconnected too. Tried to stop and restart and it wouldn't ( registration error ) had to delete the Sector3_Studios_AB folder to get back on.
    But we never know what we are going to get. Sometime server are on and I am trying to turn one off and I get another error ( please check log message )
    Some other time on the server I see them as up and yet they are not visible in game ( again message flooding the dedi program )
    I have saved some log and will get it sent to @Sonat Ozturk

12. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    And the error generator is back again and now no chance to get it registered after turning it off ... I am really getting sick of this kind of bugs. Any reply from a dev would be helpful if they are working on it or better solving it. I just could see in the SteamDB that there are beta tests ongoing fo a dedicated server application - hopefully this would improve the stability at least. Until then I sadly will have to announce to my simracing community that there would be no first time R3E series there at all until this gets fixed.

13. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Same problem.

Deleting Sector3_Studios_AB helped, and now it works, but i can't use same server name as i used before. I guess it has something to do with registration name or what was that called that need to be set on first launch (i can't remember what i've set back then).

15. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Looks like I can join the Dedi server registration error club as well. Worked yesterday but now it's returning the error. Another club in danger as our main server has been having these issues for weeks now and my server was the backup.
    Tried all the suggestions on this thread but no joy.

16. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Guys try this:

C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Local\Sector3_Studios_AB

and delete all except settings.bin and iv.bin

it works fine for me

17. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    What helped on my server was
    1. closing all started servers via the browser menu - ignore the error message that's generated
    2. close the command line window vie CRTL+C
    3. wait
    4. after some time (min. 30 minutes) I could start the command line via dedicated server icon again and then the browser window came back with all my server configurations and I could restart them one after another
    But it seems that there is a problem with the server running for more than 24 hours without restarting the service as I have errors again today.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Why is this thread still marked as resolved when clearly it is not? I hope the devs sort this issue out soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    they know about this issue!

20. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure they do but that still means it's not resolved so the tag is misleading.