Dedicated server fill with ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarkBLN, May 20, 2020.

1. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys.

Are there any plans to add an option to fill empty server slots with ai?

Mark.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    +1, tried this functionality with a friend in AMS2 and it was great fun

3. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ya pcars2 was my go to game for this functionally plus the ease at which you can create a lobby and just play with a few friends and a bunch of ai. AMS2 being on the madness engine has the same features. Hopefully it will be added to the dedicated server on raceroom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ian-C

Ian-C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This needs to be added to RR, My group regularly play rFactor 2 for this very reason setup a server add AI to fill out a decent field and you can have some good racing. Adding this to dedicated servers would make us choose RR more often as we don't like driving around empty tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Torn on this one. If you just wanna use it for a private session with your mates itd be a nice addition i guess. But id absolutely hate it if it were to make its way into some public servers..

6. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice to be able to play with 1 to 4 friends on a server with the rest of the field being AI. That way you can introduce new drivers to the game without disrupting someones race as they learn the controls, tracks and cars.

I would gladly set up a server if this was possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Better than racing on your own or with 1 other player for 20 mins. Obviously not good for ranked servers and there would need to be little or no performance hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Not for me but i guess to each their own

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    In that case, why even bother with multiplayer and not just do time attack or free practise?

One of the issues with the multiplayer game is that tracks don´t cycle if room are empty so maybe filling the grid with AI would help that too and then it is worth doing a race without other players till a more popular track comes around.

I´m the opposite, I never race against AI but if there was no performance hit, I don´t see the problem myself.

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats exactly what id normally do. So when i decide i want to race against some other people then i wanna do just that and not end up racing the ai.
    And the performance being another issue for me i wouldnt want every server to be filled to the maximum anyways