Released Dedicated Servers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Below is an example of one of the events we run on Gran Turismo over at RoninGT.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 30/03/14 Sucker Free Sunday thread.
    SFS "Sucker Free Sunday" is an open invitation to all Gran Turismo 6 racers to come down to a track each week and have some fun, learn something new, and hopefully make some friends along the way. Every week, different car/track combos and regulations will be posted here on the RoninGT Forum, along with any other information you will need. The idea is not so much of a tournament or league (no leaderboards or prizes), but more of a track day to get to know fellow drivers from this forum.

This is an all day event, with the idea that you join in at whatever time of the day is most suitable for you. The SFS host will try to be available at the following times; 9.30 - 11.30am, 3 - 5.30pm then an open lobby to be set up at 8pm. So if you know when you are likely to be on track please feel free to post in this thread and let others know.
    Below is all the information you need to take part in this Sunday's races:

[​IMG]

Car Information:
    - Cars: Acura NSX '91.
    - Tyres: Sports medium.
    - Aids: All turned off apart from the driving line and ABS, which can be set to 1 (maximum).

Event Settings:
    - Race Start Times: Race starts throughout the day with no more than 15 mins between races.
    - Track: Suzuka.
    - Total Laps: 5 laps (max).
    - Pitstops: Optional.
    - Start Type: Grid Start.
    - Grid Order: Reverse grid based on previous race results.
    - Nitrous: No.
    - Boost: No.
    - Penalty: Weak.
    - Grip Reduction: Real.
    - Mechanical Damage: light.

Tuning:
    - Factory spec.
    - Oil change, engine rebuild and body restoration allowed.

*READ ME* - Final Information You Need:
    - SFS will be in GT_Dave's lounge this week. If he hasn't added you on PSN, please add "GT_Dave" to your PSN friends list before Sunday.
    - The SFS lounge will be open just before 9am. After you finish a race, whatever time between the race finishing and the next race starting is yours to use in free run or talking. It is up to all of the competitors in the lobby to make sure the races start frequently.
    - Even though this is SFS, and just a get together, remember to follow the HDC/Honourable Drivers Code.
    Finally, the most important thing... have fun out there![/size]
    (This event is no longer running)

This event was created to get more like minded racers together and was open to anyone, if you've ever played Gran Turismo regularly over the last 5/6 years and visited the Official Playstation Community, you've probably heard of SFS (Sucker Free Sunday).
    It was a hugely popular event which ran throughout the course of any given Sunday. What made it successful was it's simplicity, in that, anyone could just turn up and race, it was a level playing field, 1 (or 2 well matched) car(s), no tuning/stock setup and simple, short format with a set time for practice between races.

I and I believe @machwebb, would like to be able to run something similar on R3E, for that I think we would like:
    -The ability to disable setup changes - force stock setup.
    -Grid positions based on previous race results and/or reverse order.
    -A standardised optimal driving line option for less experienced drivers, select-able from their own options menu.
    -In-game VOIP so players don't have to exit (alt-tab) the game, apply to join a group on steam/search mumble/teamspeak etc.
    -A real lobby where you can see who's "in", no more leaving the circuit to go to a loading screen to return to the circuit - would be nice but not essential.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
  3. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Just to be able to open a lobby and manage it from within. Choose cars, tracks and regs on the fly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Knew I missed something, cheers mate :)

5. Legende

Legende Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Tools for Live timing , Live viewer

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Just to have an idea. Soon it's for few days or weeks ? :oops::rolleyes::D
    An open in my league with the GTR2 Class cars will be great !

7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Within our community i have organised teamevents and would love to do this again..
    After qualifying p16 and p1 team up, p15 and p2, etc. team up and each do half distance, this results in amazing and fun teamraces..

- So being able to drive one car with 2 (or more) drivers and switch in pits or in some other cool way :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    I hope will not take too long to sometimes, many new Team and League await the dedicated servers :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. GB_

GB_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

I hope too. I'm waiting for the dedicated servers to buy content instead of playing only in competition mode :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    For me at least, this is the biggest bit Im waiting for. Its the difference between sitting for an hour refreshing server list to see whats available, or jumping straight in with your mates and going racing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. wankh

wankh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I would like to know how long to have to wait for dedicated servers? I understand that to release the update is not so simple, but it's been too long(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    i hope it will come with the next big patch, so probabyl mid-end of may.... but that is just guessing

13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if we'll get a big patch before the launch of Pcars?. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Mmmh, Idk. I'd wait till the waters are calm (after PC has been released, but in less than a month). Better time to enjoy the new features released instead of risking of being shadowed by such big title (attention attention: not saying the game is better, but it's very likely that will attract lots of peeps).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice to have some sort of spectator mode. So you could just watch a race if u wanna take a brake from racing.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Good point!
    But maybe just give us a small patch then, something like random time of day and mandatory pit stops.:)

+1
    It's not many multiplayer races I have quit out of, but it has happened a couple of times when I had to attend the kids.
    These times I really missed the Race monitor, I would have liked if I could have watched the rest of the race when I came back.. .

17. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Well what I really wish now, since we have quite a good car park and tracks list (with wtcc 2014 and the new tracks incoming) is finally those missing features we really need to make this game takeoff: Dedi + rules (for starters). Or at least an update on the current situation maybe?
    I've sudden headaches when I look at steam charts and MP lobbies... And with a quality game like this, to me it's really a shame...

• Agree Agree x 10
  18. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    just rewatcht this video again and saw a couple intersting thins at the part where he does select the tracks. Some new tracks are listed that are not in th game (yet). Also some updates to tracks that arealready in the game whit some new lay outs. I made some screen shot of it soo u can see ur self.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys! Any news about the release date of the dedicated server option? It's more than half a year now we are waiting for it - without any news.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Good question.

• Agree Agree x 3