Default Wheel Settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NghtFox17, Jan 31, 2015.

1. NghtFox17

NghtFox17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Myself with many others who have played or attempted to play R3E, have all commented on the issue of the factory defaults when using a wheel. Will there be better default settings that are wheel specific in the future?

2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    All default Profiles are wheel specific, unless you are using a wheel we donĀ“t fully support.
    What exactly do you think is wrong with them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NghtFox17

NghtFox17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I personally found the stock setup felt disconnected, mainly in terms of road feel, and vehicle balance. This made it very difficult to feel the car at the edge of traction.

I was fortunate to have someone post their settings on another forum, which gave a good starting point. This saved me time in tweaking the settings, however R3E still felt it was missing some tactile feedback.

I observed the rumble feature was defaulted to 'off'. which when it was turned on, the feel improved greatly, and have been able to truly appreciate the physics system.

I'm currently using the Fanatec GT3RS V2, others whom I spoken with regarding the issue are using Fanatec CSR wheels, (which are mechanically identical).

These were the settings I received. I will be glad to post my settings as well.

Fanatec CSR
    FFB strength 70, ABS 0, damp 0, spring 0, ACC 0, drift 0, shock 0 (that's all personal preference. 70% FFB is enough since most of it comes from the game anyway and this way you don't overheat it too fast.)

ingame: 80% FFB effects, 80% for curbs, 50-60% gear changes and road noise 120% lateral and vertical forces (makes it heavier) 900 degrees of rotation, 32 degree steering lock.

Would it be possible to add information to the controller profiles which list the wheel setting assumptions that are used for the default profiles?

4. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Anyone wants to share their CSW V1 settings? Contact me if you don't want to post your settings.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    bmw rim / wheel set to 540 ffb100/sho100/for100 /abs as you want ; the rest OFF
    fanatec profiler 900 and 0 damper

Andi

you will need to remap the shifter and buttons and pedals etc

Attached Files:

6. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Andi... can't see or open the attached file but thanks for the other information. I have a fanatec CSW universal hub on a momo wheel but that is about the same set-up I currently use. Very minor changes. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    @Zonic2001 : Clicking the name of the file should work for downloading, even if no icon has appeared.

8. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I did that yesterday but I can't open .rcs files with the software I have. Is ok, no worries.

9. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I see.
    RCS-files should be openable in Notepad or Notepad++.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you dont need to open it just put it in here Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

now in game options / controls/ and choose the fana+seq , and remap pedals shifters etc

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zonic2001

Zonic2001 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

12. AndEmaGre

AndEmaGre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, anyone have tips for setting the Fanatec wheelbase v2? I can't get the right feeling... Thanks in advance

13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Have you set a proper Wheel angle / steering lock ?

FFB Guide (CSW V2 posts)

About FFB settings: I have a better feeling with FFB general at 60/70max, and Vertical load max 150

On wheel settings SPR and DPR are OFF, or 10/20 for some cars.

14. AndEmaGre

AndEmaGre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't set the steering lock because I can't find it! Where is it??
    Can you show me the screen of your settings? Thanks le_poilu

15. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It's in car setup before racing ;)
    "Direction setting"

• Like Like x 1
  16. AndEmaGre

AndEmaGre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great! The feeling is improved, but now I have some lateral movements, left and right.... any suggestion?

17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Reverse force feedback

18. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    For the CSW V1 i reduced vertical load to 200 (from default 300) and horizontal to 75 (from default 80). Engine vibration and shift-effect way down or off, anything else is default.

Feels much better (to me)...

19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

You can use SPR 10/20 and DPR 10/20 to lower the left/right effect.
    I only have left/right on very bumpy tracks and with some cars. It doesn't bother me too much (only need to not release your wheel :p )