Dev Stream - February 2014

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    No please not those arrows!! :eek:
    At some point I was so afraid of getting hit by missiles!!:)
    A sexy voice spotter would be perfect! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. paddeN

paddeN Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    1. When is the dedicated server tool planned to be released (approximately)?
    2. Are there any plans on V8 supercars?
    Really good game so far, great work! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Wenn die alles umsetzten was wir uns wünschen dann bräuchten die in kurzer Zeit 300 Leute und einen 24H Tag. Ich freue mich über jede Kleinigkeit die umgesetzt wird. Ich hoffe die Jungs bleiben am Ball und haben vor allem genug Kohle das alles in die Realität zu programmieren.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Most of the serious questions I could ask seem to have been covered by other posts here. So I would simply ask... What is each of the different developers favorite car & track combination to race on in game?

If I were to ask a more serious question regarding the games future, is there any plans to support SLI? Soon or even further down the road? This game looks pretty darn good already, but with help from a second gpu, I know it would look even more amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Misha

Misha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I would like to suggest a feature that I'm sure beginner players like me would love a lot! It's flashback thing that exists for example in F1 game - when you make a crucial mistake for example on the final lap of the race or qualifying hot lap you don't need to restart the session but have an opportunity to restart the latest 10-15 seconds of action, you know what I mean? is it possible?

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  6. cjbifidus

cjbifidus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I cant imagine a better way to go faster!! :) Well, yes, the girl with sexy voice in the car in front :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    VIR? I would love to do a gt race at Virginia international

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gallow24

Gallow24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1. Driver swap in online races
    2. Custom skin support

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
  10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Plan is to go live Thursday 12th, 16:00 CET

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information :)

12. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Was ich auch cool finden würde wären Blinker an den Autos so das man Autos die einen überholen wollen oder überrunden wollen zeigen könnte auf welche Seite man fahren wird.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I can tell you this from my (poor) experience: the thrill of a race is because at every turn, at every surpass tentative, at every start and at every pitstop, anything can happen.
    It's WAY much more satisfying to lose a race led until the very lap when you suddenly spin in an endless spiral of swearing and obscene profanities than having "n" flashbacks at your disposal and win easily and without actually learning anything.
    I understand that maybe a beginner would find this option helpful, but thrust me: the sooner you get rid of that awful thing the better your driving skill will be: learn from your mistakes!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Moucham

Moucham Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    A good HUD ;)

15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, probably not the thread for this, but I really like the current one (I use minimalist with the full ticker on top), best of any racing game I have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, this is my favourite race sim at the moment.

1. You are getting a few pro drivers now - do you get much feedback from them, and if so how does it impact what you are focussing on?

2. I believe you check winning laps on every comp - how much time has to go into that checking process - is it completely manual?

3. I'm from Australia but I love Sweden - you did some great Swedish content in the past - is there any chance of more Nordic content?

4. Someone asked a good question before about laser scanning - do you find this is making life easier or is it just something people come to expect? Does having laser scanned tracks increase interest from more professional teams/drivers?

5. I have seen some people debate open wheel content on other forums. I love tin tops but could see open wheels being attractive to a lot of people - besides licensing what are some of the barriers to bringing open wheel content - will we see any open wheel series content at some stage?

6. If I were interested in ovals (which I'm not) I would go iRacing (besides the fact they are too expensive and driving it is a chore) - what are your thoughts on ovals - best left to iRacing and rFactor?

7. Staying with the American market we have seen more US content recently - is this a market you are looking to grow? North Americans seem under-represented on the leaderboards.

8. It wouldn't be right to not leave a wish list - of course v8 supercars is of interest but the number of Australian tracks is low - are any more Australian tracks in the pipeline?

9. A series I love and think will really start to grow is the SCCA Trans Am - specifically the TA2 class - I'm sure people in US would agree - can you add that to your long wish list for me.

10. Japan loves racing and the Asian market is untapped - is this a language barrier or is it console territory? Would a Super GT experience fix that?

Again thanks for the improvements last year - can't wait for more of the same.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Gallow24

Gallow24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another question: Will it be possible to start the game offline? It´s bad if you have maintenance or a client has connection issues.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Taylord98 (B*tch Hunter)

Taylord98 (B*tch Hunter) New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What About the WTCC 2014 ?(*experience*?)

Attached Files:

19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    A lots of good questions for the devs.
    I hope you write down the best ones (maybe the posts with most likes / agrees / winner) and answer some more on this stream, you didn't cover that many questions on the last stream..

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The racing wheel should very tight/heavy when the car are stand. Now it just feel very light.(RF2 did in the right way) R3E physics use same engine as RF2, can this fix?